+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SnuggyFu

Thread: Master mode dungeons

Soulwalker

Default Master mode dungeons

With the addition of a new MM dungeon will we be able to do 4 MM in one week? Example do DD and CR early in the week and do them both again later in the week. Or will we get instance locked for both if we do one of them?
    Last edited by Sim0nsays; 02-02-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Well, they reset on every wednesday and staurday. I would assume you can do each twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I didn't think Plutonus knew such large words.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Crucia's weird like that. She likes to mess with people's heads. Don't worry; you are not going crazy. ...or are you?

For only getting 4 greater marks out of mCR I would rather not do it due to the time investment for it of 2+ hours, when mDD can be cleared in 20minutes for 2 marks.

Also not having an achievement for mCR sucked, only way we know we shard firsted the fight was by the new add that spawns getting the shard first for that :-\

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    For only getting 4 greater marks out of mCR I would rather not do it due to the time investment for it of 2+ hours, when mDD can be cleared in 20minutes for 2 marks.

Also not having an achievement for mCR sucked, only way we know we shard firsted the fight was by the new add that spawns getting the shard first for that :-\
    Is MMCR really that bad? 2 hours?

Did they make it both levels of CR or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    Is MMCR really that bad? 2 hours?

Did they make it both levels of CR or something?
    That's exactly what they did, plus some additional minibosses.

Shadowlander

2hrs? No need to kill every boss, pick five and done. Troll guy is easy, Coalgut is easy, the two by Cinderstorm is easy. Cinderstorm is easy, and Hook guy is easy. After that just collect and go home for the night. No need to kill every boss if you are only there for the marks.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    That's exactly what they did, plus some additional minibosses.
    Are the drops ok at least?

Shield of Telara

When they first added CR they said the master version would be all 11 bosses (5 lower, 5 upper, Cad).

Rift Disciple

MCR is way too much work for the rewards given. It's nice and tough, but with no achievements and a piddly 2 greater marks as its reward, I don't see me ever looking to do it again.

I don't get what you people are talking about. I (finally) got a good group of competent people that I'm familiar with together last night (I wasn't about to pug it), and we had a blast! It was everyone's first time, so of course it's going to take awhile to get everything down. That first invasion boss wiped us twice. But it was a learning experience. Considering that more than one group in my guild has just about every single dungeon and raid on farm (with the exception of HK), it was getting kind of tedious. I'm glad they made it difficult and put lots of surprises in there! I say good job, Trion!
    Last edited by SnuggyFu; 02-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    The very existence of flame throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggyFu View Post
    I don't get what you people are talking about. I (finally) got a good group of competent people that I'm familiar with together last night (I wasn't about to pug it), and we had a blast! It was everyone's first time, so of course it's going to take awhile to get everything down. That first invasion boss wiped us twice. But it was a learning experience. Considering that more than one group in my guild has just about every single dungeon and raid on farm (with the exception of HK), it was getting kind of tedious. I'm glad they made it difficult and put lots of surprises in there! I say good job, Trion!
    meh, some bosses are extremely easy and the others are overtuned plus the trash in mmCR is very annoying. makes for a ****ty instance imo, i dont ever see me finishing the whole thing. beat the 5 and ****.

edit-lol cant say g.t.f.o
    Last edited by Zeropride; 02-04-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    I really enjoy the fact this topic has NOTHING to do about Rift, and it turned into a Rift fest.

I'm just gonna report my own thread and be done with it.

Telaran

MM CR is a hell of alot of fun, successfully pugged 9/11 of the bosses without much difficulty, once you work out what the new mechanic is they arent that complex.

Second boss of lower (blood/spirit/poison) is just insanely tuned compared to the rest though, rest seem to be tuned that a T2/3 geared played should be able to beat, for second boss I dont see him going down to a party with anything less than 8k party DPS and one insanely good healer, the aoe damage is just insane from the 2nd explosion thingy onwards that youre going to basically have to just DPSrace past it in order to stand any chance of beating it.

Cad we didnt try, for some reason the light gate at his room didnt go down even though we had killed 9/10 of the other bosses, I was of the understanding you could access him after just 5?

All in all a very fun instance, especially compared to MMDD which is kindve a snoozefest, just 2nd lower boss needs tuning down a tad and alot of the others do need tuning up a little (Im looking at you especially mr hookmaster)

Oh and trash has way too much health, seriously 140-200k health per mob with up to 5 mob pulls and so much more trash than expert CR? Thats more trash health than you get in 10mans for christs sake. Remove half the trash packs (dont half their health as their mechanics are actually quite interesting and its nice to see trash with proper mechanics, with health reduction youd burn through them before even seeing it)

The minibosses need to have some interesting reward, they do take you quite a way out the way to do them and as far as I can tell they give nothing apart from that potion box (and some dont even seem to provide potion boxes, eg spirit event). Will of Lathis is an absolutely amazing miniboss though and a hell of alot of fun (and nice to see its got a unique set of artifacts for it), more should be like will, less like spirit freeing event.
    Last edited by Mikesglory; 02-04-2012 at 05:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread