+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Decoy_Trion

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Master Morde - Baron Gerf'Ish

Default Master Morde - Baron Gerf'Ish

What the? Is this guy bugged or am I missing something?

And yes, I can't spell

Soulwalker

Default elaborate?

Care to elaborate? I just finished half of MCR, and Baron kept running into us while we were downing trash and/or bosses. Once we noticed his mechanic (taking us down to around 5% health), we decided to steer clear of him. We have yet to discover how to over come this, or truly try him out. Info would be appreciated.

Plane Touched

He's bugged, the health reduction mechanic continues after a wipe until someone dies from him.

Its supposed to stack overtime, but it bugs so that all stacks are applied at the same time

i hope they fix him soon cues how he is now is literally the biggest pain i ever met..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slicartius View Post
    What the? Is this guy bugged or am I missing something?
    Your missing something. Think about what type of mob he is.

Shadowlander

Crude, but we defeated him by letting someone run well ahead of the group (so the rest of us didn't get hit by debuff) and that person would die to reset the Baron. Once the Baron reset, the stacking debuff would be at 1 again (instead of 19) and we all engaged, and battle rez'd the voluntary sacrifice. Worked out quite well, but be ready to heal through his dot, it is quite large and is basically a soft enrage/dps check in that you have to kill him before your max health gets too low.

You should be able to kill him in a pull, or two, after resetting him this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Althir View Post
    Crude, but we defeated him by letting someone run well ahead of the group (so the rest of us didn't get hit by debuff) and that person would die to reset the Baron. Once the Baron reset, the stacking debuff would be at 1 again (instead of 19) and we all engaged, and battle rez'd the voluntary sacrifice. Worked out quite well, but be ready to heal through his dot, it is quite large and is basically a soft enrage/dps check in that you have to kill him before your max health gets too low.

You should be able to kill him in a pull, or two, after resetting him this way.
    ^ This, or a Rogue tank, or maybe even a Marksman, can engage him and out run him to reset him (resetting requires to run well out of his patrolling path, so be sure to do it near the end of his cycle). I manuevered out as a Rogue tank and we engaged/killed him immediately after.

Also be aware that his stacks seem to lock on a pet that dies to him. Before we figured it out, my Ranger pet remained to have 19 of his stacks (95% health redux) all through HK last night, only having about 300 HP, so I couldnt use the Raptor

On a bright side, we got 2 new kills last night with the 1.7 buffs
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

I noted this issue yesterday as well, and managed to repair it in time for the next hotfix. Touchdown for democracy!

+ Reply to Thread