+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plutonis the Immortal - Killed in new Chronical... Results -->

Soulwalker

Default Plutonis the Immortal - Killed in new Chronical... Results -->

OK, so it was not exactly a proud moment when you spend just a bit more than 2 hours downing Plutonis the Immortal in the new RoS Chronical, only to find out that we got a server first message but it wasnt even posted to our guild wall, no loot table and no experience. BOOO. ;)

We tanked him with a full Chloro heal... doing 700 dps and with 5.7 million HP, it took AWHILE.

When Plutonis got to 10%, he got an additional buff and hit harder with his fists.. taking my 17k health down to as low as 4k multiple times... we managed to heal through it and down him!

Sadly, nothin to show for it. OHH WELL.

Soulwalker

::Slow clap::

Nice job.

Sword of Telara

Tell me you didn't.. oh my..

Awesome. After I noticed it was possible I wanted to try it with a friend at some point.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Ascendant

Wow... I don't know what to say to this. Although I've done similar stunts in other games so I can somewhat relate.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Framm78 View Post
    OK, so it was not exactly a proud moment when you spend just a bit more than 2 hours downing Plutonis the Immortal in the new RoS Chronical, only to find out that we got a server first message but it wasnt even posted to our guild wall, no loot table and no experience. BOOO. ;)

We tanked him with a full Chloro heal... doing 700 dps and with 5.7 million HP, it took AWHILE.

When Plutonis got to 10%, he got an additional buff and hit harder with his fists.. taking my 17k health down to as low as 4k multiple times... we managed to heal through it and down him!

Sadly, nothin to show for it. OHH WELL.
    This is similar to being able to kill the faction champions in Ember Isle (which I don't think is possible anymore). No real purpose other than bragging rights. I think it would be cool if they went back in and gave gear to some of those just for kicks.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 02-02-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    This is similar to being able to kill the faction champions in Ember Isle (which I don't think is possible anymore). No real purpose other than bragging rights. I think it would be cool if they went back in and gave gear to some of those just for kicks.
    Or at least an Achievement. And while your at it Trion, add some credit for faction leader kills, like Cyril and Asha
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

Yea I was trying to do this last night. We decided to call it quits around 70%. I started falling asleep. Poor chloro was working too hard because of the fear every 20 seconds.

Kudos to you for the extra attention span.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Itseotle View Post
    Or at least an Achievement. And while your at it Trion, add some credit for faction leader kills, like Cyril and Asha
    Yeah, and it ought to be weighted for relative difficulty.

Like 50 points for asha and 1000 points for cyril =P

I tried doing something similar to Alsbeth on the PTS, but she seems to have gotten stuck around 10%.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Yeah, and it ought to be weighted for relative difficulty.

Like 50 points for asha and 1000 points for cyril =P
    If you kill Cyril you kick that stupid squirrel out the nearest window and become the Guardian faction leader.

Prophet of Telara

Asha? Try mr Faceless and Orphiel instead

+ Reply to Thread