+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So are expert dungeons easier now?

Default So are expert dungeons easier now?

If I have 88 toughness as a warrior tank, will I be okay queuing up random as a tank for them? I don't want to screw over a group if I don't have enough toughness etc.

Plane Walker

I'be been able to get by with 50 hit (no misses), so 50 toughness doesn't sound out of place.

Well it's just because the mouse-over for toughness still says 100 needed for t2's but now their both in the same category.

I think toughess on a tank is more important than hit on the DPS though...

Banned

You need 100 to be safe.

Out of interest, how does one get 100 toughness? Yes, I'm a newbish type - I thought you'd find it on drops from T1 to add to the requirement for T2, with some runes tossed in. But now they're merged and my face is doing this:
    Nyathera, Kithra, Hekili, Nyalist @ Typhiria

jus keep runnin em instances and gear up, it will come naturally with upgrades.
    you can rune if need in the mean time.
    the 100 is a suggested value but if in doubt talk
    most people are pretty cool if you just give them a heads up at the start
    who took my names!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Akamhara View Post
    Out of interest, how does one get 100 toughness? Yes, I'm a newbish type - I thought you'd find it on drops from T1 to add to the requirement for T2, with some runes tossed in. But now they're merged and my face is doing this:
    New, better loot has been added no non-expert Level 50 dungeons (AP, CC & CR) as well as Chronicles and Zone Events (Stillmoor, Shimmersand and maybe Iiron Pine). The new gear progression part at 50 will involve running these first until you are geared for the new experts (which I believe are all now considered T2).

In short, T1 has merged upwards to T2 and fresh 50 content has moved upwards to fill the T1 gap.
    LEVEL 50 ETH WARRIOR TANK - BLOODIRON
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 (Conq) | RoS 5/5 (Conq) | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Plane Touched

And to answer the OP, no, from the various patch notes T1 experts have now been made more inline with T2 experts so thus should be harder. Assuming to change to T2 difficulty.
    LEVEL 50 ETH WARRIOR TANK - BLOODIRON
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 (Conq) | RoS 5/5 (Conq) | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Akamhara View Post
    Tanking gear with Toughness drops from regular level 50 dungeons. It used to anyways, so I assume it still does.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silidons View Post
    If I have 88 toughness as a warrior tank, will I be okay queuing up random as a tank for them? I don't want to screw over a group if I don't have enough toughness etc.
    If you have a good healer you should be fine. I don't think you can queue for them, but can make a group and jump in.

The difference in overall damage between 88 toughness and 100 toughness is that a crit will hit 12% more than a regular hit rather than a crit hitting for the same amount as a regular hit. That's hardly game breaking unless your healer is also just on the line of being able to do the content and has trouble keeping up even on normal hits.

As others have pointed out, you could try to just buy a toughness rune if you don't have one, there are +10, +15, and +20 ones. The +15 should cover you to get over cap anyway.

Prophet of Telara

Ive said it before and ill say it again. The whole point of this patch was to make everything even more easy for the casuals. And it worked (for the casuals at least)
    Last edited by Alex113; 02-02-2012 at 06:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread