+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 11 Post By The Real Viz Shady
  • 2 Post By Bluelightt
  • 1 Post By Swordinstone
  • 1 Post By The Real Viz Shady

Thread: This one will make a LOT of ppl QQ...

Rift Disciple

Default This one will make a LOT of ppl QQ...

Devs, As a player of several different MMOs over the last 10 years, I have noticed one consistant problem that should be easy enough to address but never is.... In a nutshell here it is:

PVP gear was made for better gameplay in PVP environments
    PVE was made for better gameplay in PVE environments...

Why cant devs ever code things so that if you have pvp gear you cant enter or at least have SIGNIFICANTLY less damage/healing/protection in a pve environment. I am talking so significantly that it utterly makesa pvp gear useless in pve content.. I am so tired of seeing people who dont know jack about pve dungeons and raids getting in in all pvp gear and either dragging everyone else down or at least performing ok .... There should be code in pve dungeons/raids that:

[1] - ignores any piece of PVP gear - marking that slot as unused in a pve environment - this would prevent pvpers who have not grinded the pve environment from getting "buys" into pve content they have no right or ability to access
    [2] - Further - to prevent someone from entering in pve gear that barely meets dungeon/raid requirements, then swapping out to pvp gear for more health or higher stats.... make every dungeon/raid knock off 80% of every stat in pvp gear in pve environments... so your uber rank 8 gear is rendered as useless as level 50 greens or worse..

Note that these changes are all based on anything past entry level non expert dungeons... as a new level 50 you get to grind normal dungeons in either pve or pvp gear, allowing those who mostly pvped to get the gear they need to do experts/raids in a pve environment as easily as a new level 50.

There is a system in pvp already in place that somewhat covers this for people who try to pvp in pve gear... you can get in the beginning stuff in pve gear but to advance to higher levels of pvp play you need to actually have pvp gear, not pve... why can't you all do the same with pve content?

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Dumb.. if you participate in all aspects of the game, you should be able to use the gear from all aspects of the game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    Dumb.. if you participate in all aspects of the game, you should be able to use the gear from all aspects of the game.
    This exactly...

For playing a long time MMO's OP sure is clueless. Why would you want to exclude people from parts of your game? There is nothing wrong with PvP players being able to do PvE raids sooner or be more effective in them right away because they have some max rank PvP gear, just like there isn't anything wrong with going into PvP with some end game PvE items (mostly just weapons). They work great like they are now. Just a silly thing to complain about, you seem jealous they have gear from PvPing.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 02-01-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Shadowlander

I don't pvp, but have a quick question. In raid rank 1 gear, am I able to walk into PVP and preform at top rank with zero valor or vengeance?

Champion

Someone who has put effort and time into getting rank 8 gear should at least be able to skip expert dungeons if they want to.

If you nerd PVP gear in PVE then you'd have to do the inverse and I KNOW there are a lot of people using their HK 4 piece for PVP (not sure how viable this is post 1.7 as I don't heavily pvp)
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Telaran

Sorry to hear that you ignored the pvp aspect of the game and are upset and envy the ppl who are more rounded players and therefore enjoy better gear. Never too late to L2P OP.

Vengeance and Valor on PvP gear are wasted stat allocations in PvE.

Not having Valor and Vengeance on your PvE gear makes you a glass cannon in PvP.

Seems balanced enough for me /shrug

Cleric Tank

PVP gear, now with -25 hit... GO

Tell this to my guildy who was in HK last night w\ mostly R8 gear, t2 dungeon gloves for +hit and a few BIS pve items ( helmet + weapons + rings&neck )
    Last edited by Archemys; 02-01-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    PVP gear, now with -25 hit... GO

Tell this to my guildy who was in HK last night w\ mostly R8 gear, t2 dungeon gloves for +hit and a few BIS pve items ( helmet + weapons + rings&neck )
    The set bonus loss kinda makes up for that.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rThrones View Post
    I don't pvp, but have a quick question. In raid rank 1 gear, am I able to walk into PVP and preform at top rank with zero valor or vengeance?
    I don't know, can you walk into hammerknell in rank 6 gear and dps at top level?

Isz
    Champion of Telara

I was able to start doing T1 experts with R2 pvp gear. This was really good for me since I did PvP from level 31 to 50. I didn't have any PvE stuff really.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who did this, and I think it should be an option. You never really help a game like this by closing more doors.

The ****'s chess, it ain't checkers! To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.

The reason for people disliking this is pretty easy. Getting the best PVE gear through raiding takes a lot of time and organisation. Whereas getting to the top tier of PVP and the equivalent gear takes no organisation and a fraction of the time -- that is why PVP gear should suck for PVE gameplay. The opposite is also true. PVE gear is mostly useless in PVP (Try taking on a R8 PVP geared player in your HK gear. You'll be slaughtered)
    Last edited by Rarz; 02-01-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    The reason for people disliking this is pretty easy. Getting the best PVE gear through raiding takes a lot of time and organisation. Whereas getting to the top tier of PVP and the equivalent gear takes no organisation and a fraction of the time -- that is why PVP gear should suck for PVE gameplay. The opposite is also true. PVE gear is mostly useless in PVP (Try taking on a R8 PVP geared player in your HK gear. You'll be slaughtered)
    No, you need a mix of both. HK gear4 and crystal mixed with pvp gear and a pvp sigil/source machine is VERY competitive in PvP. Just like you need +hit PvE gear to mix in with PvP gear to be competitive in PvE raids.

I for one LOVE the fact that there are many paths to ALL the endgames in Rift.

+ Reply to Thread