+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teir 1 gear

Default Teir 1 gear

Hey all, my wife and I are relatively new to Rift and we have just recently hit level 50. We know of the Tiered Gear to do the next level of dungeons. But we do not know how to go about acquiring the gear? We have completed the chronicles for two days in a row. We only have two that show up however, I am unsure if there are more or even how to go about making them accessible. We have, 4-6 Plaques of Achievements each, are these what we need to be going for? If so where do we purchase the leveled gear?

I guess we need kind of a break down on how the Tier 1 & 2 and then Mastery level gear works and how to appropriate it all. Can someone take some time and break it down for us? Or give us a link that explains the hows and where to go get the items.

Thanks and luck and loot to you all.
    Mereinid

Plane Touched

No, there are not any other chronicles you can do. Though 1.7 will be adding a new one about River of Souls.

There are tier1 dungeons, they drop plaques. There is t1 dungeon gear that you can buy with plaques.
    There are tier2 dungeons, they drop plaques as well. There is t2 dungeon gear that you can buy with plaques.

There are tier1 raids (mmDD, DH, GP, GSB, ROS), they drop marks of ascension. There is raid t1 gear that you can buy with marks.
    There are tier2 raids (ROTP, HK), they drop greater marks of ascension. There is raid t2 gear that you can buy with marks.

The first 3 merchants I mentioned are in the PvP wing in Meridian. The raid t2 merchant is in Moonshade in the town outside HK.

In terms of progression, the way that I listed out the dungeons and raids is generally the way to go through the content. I will also suggest to look into some crafted gear, doing the water and death saga quests, and the big questline in Ember Isle to get some good gear.
    Last edited by Coel; 01-31-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Default Tier 1 Gear

Ok, so I can run Tier 1 dungeons now to get Tier 1 gear so I can run tier 2 dungeons?

Plane Touched

Pretty much yeah.

Run t1 dungeons, get t1 dungeon gear -> Run t2 dungeons, get t2 dungeon gear -> Run t1 raids, get t1 raid gear -> Run t2 raids, get t2 raid gear.

Like I said at the end of my other post though. If you can get some solid crafted gear and the gear from the questlines you can jump right into t2 dungeons. Probably even the easier t1 raids (DH, GP, mmDD). There are also some very good bind on equip drops from mmDD that people sell on the AH so that could help you as well if you're trying to gear up quickly. If you're not, then just enjoy your time in t1s and t2s

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Here is something that someone made for me on a similar thread about understanding endgame and its progression, hope it helps you out:

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaynia View Post
    THE DUNGEON AND RAID SYSTEM

There are currently 4 (or arguably 5) steps in the dungeon/raid progression system as follows...

Fresh 50: Spend a small amount of time running CC, AP and CR to get a few early blues. Chronicle are also a good way of getting a good early boost.

Tier 1: Involves 5 expert dungeons, IT, RotF, FC, KB & LH. A dps class may be able to start these immediately but a tank/healer may need to invest a little time in Fresh 50 content first. You should plan on acquiring epic (purple) level loot for perhaps 75%+ of your slots from T1 before advancing in order to not be a burden to groups further on. There will also be toughness, focus and hit requirements (class dependent) you will want to meet using T1 gear before progressing. For more info hover over the stat in your character sheet. Most of the open-world invasions (other than Ember Islands) should be easily achievable at this point.

Tier 2: Involves 7 expert dungeons, DD, DSM, AP, RD, CC, CR-U and CR-L. There are also expert rifts available designed for approx 5 players and opened using items purchased from the planar college vendors. Despite a daily quest for them they are rarely done. Again, aim to acquire 75%+ epics and meet toughness/focus/hit stats from T2 before progressing.

Tier 3: Also known as raid Tier 1. In this bracket we have 2x 10 man dungeons, DH and GP as well as 2x 20 man dungeons (GSB and RoS). There are also raid rifts which can be opened using items from the planar college vendors and are designed for approx 20 people (often done with less these days). A daily quest exists for these. Although Ember Isle is accessible even at fresh 50, you will likely find you want to be of about T3 to really participate there, especially in zone invasions! Most T3 content is available in pick up groups these days. There is also a Master Mode version of Darkening Deeps available designed for people of about this gearing.

Tier 4: Also known as raid Tier 2. In this bracket there is current a 10 man dungeon (RotP) and a 20 man dungeon (HK). There are also what are usually called T2 raid rifts in EI. T4 content usually requires organised guilds or at least a couple of them working together.

IN SUMMARY

Fresh 50
    • Normal Mode: Abyssal Prespice, Charmer's Caldera & Cadeus Rise
    • Chronicles
    Tier 1
    • Expert Mode: Iron Tombs, Realm of the Fae, Lantern Hook, King's Breach & Foul Cascade
    • Stillmoor, Shimmersand & Iron Pine Peaks Zone Invasions
    Tier 2
    • Expert Mode: Darkening Deeps, Deepstrike Mines, Runic Decent, Abyssal Prespice, Charmer's Caldera & Cadeus Rise (Upper + Lower)
    • Expert Rifts
    Tier 3 (Raid T1)
    • 10 Man: Drowned Halls & Guilded Prophecy
    • 20 Man: Greenscale's Blight & River of Souls
    • T1 Raid Rifts (Shimmersand, Stillmoor & Iron Pine)
    • Ember Island Invasions
    • Master Mode: Darkening Deeps
    Tier 4 (Raid T2)
    • 10 Man: Rise of the Phoenix
    • 20 Man: Hammerknell
    • T2 Raid Rifts (Ember Isles)

Hope this is useful!

Default Tier 1 Gear

Cole and Isc, thank you so much for the info. The wife and I have done, I think, 3 chronicles. The Hammerknell once and the Fae Maze twice. I have picked up a shield in Hammerknell and a pair of gauntlets in the Fae Maze. Much nicer than what I was wearing. The shield far above my level 43.

The abbreviations, I am assuming, are dungeons. I will *Google* them to find out where and what they are. We did not hardly do any dungeons on our way to 50. Mostly quests until late 30's then made our way to Ember Isle and did onslaughts and power level up. So our gear is low compared to others.

I think we will start with the quests there in Ember Isle and get some easy blues that way as trying to get a group from our rather large guild seems to be a hassle at times as most of them are already geared and I like to take things slow so I can learn the dungeon and how to work it properly. Rather than *zerging* it as fast as we can.

Anywho, I ramble. Thanks you two.

Mereinid,
    Luck and Loot to you and yours.

Default Edit Tier 1

OH! Well had I read on, the copy post you put up there Isc, actually has the names of the dungeons. *facepalm*

THANKS!

Mereinid

Just be aware that in patch 1.7 T1 & T2 dungeons will be rolled into 1 Tier.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

You can pretty much skip Tier 1 dungeons with decent crafted gear and if you're willing to spend some plat you can skip tier 2 and go right into raids. They're adding epic quality items to the chronicles, which idk why they didn't implement that at its release, so that's an easy way to get better gear for new 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    You can pretty much skip Tier 1 dungeons with decent crafted gear and if you're willing to spend some plat you can skip tier 2 and go right into raids. They're adding epic quality items to the chronicles, which idk why they didn't implement that at its release, so that's an easy way to get better gear for new 50s.

May as well drop a few hundred play and get the deathbringer set made since it's ~ as T1 Raid gear and will save you the weeks of clearing 10-20 man content to get drops.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Glad I could help out, the guy that made that really helped me out

There is no longer T1's and T2's, just experts so just lump them together.

+ Reply to Thread