+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RotP or Hammerknell ?

Plane Touched

Default RotP or Hammerknell ?

Which is easiest for new and unexperienced people?

We tried 1st boss of RotP and we wipe big time. No chances there.

Is murdantix going to give us any chance or is more difficult?

Plane Touched

If all the people you raid with are new and in-experienced, then I would recommend neither HK nor RotP. Go and do the easier raids first, GB and RoS. Or try some raid rifts. Or the other slivers. Honestly, HK and RotP are currently the "hardest" raids in the game, and likely to be frustrating for in-experienced/undergeared players.

If you think that you just need more insight into how the fights work, then you might look at riftstrats (google for it). It has great explanations of the raid encounters.

Champion

You can wait for 1.7 to hit live, you will stomp the content into the ground.

Otherwise try GSB/RoS or GP and DH, if they are too easy ignore mechanics - like shamblers for duke? not gonna waste a gcd to pop them. Going with the current or dieing? Certainly not, I'm not moving an inch for Iskaal! Tank swap for Anrak? That's stupid.
    Or go really hardcore and have a cleric tank the bosses - or two clerics in case of Anrak :P

If your raid reaches 320 hit without or just one,two runes you should be able to down at least the first boss + golems in ROTP - otherwise you are not ready for HK/ROTP

Champion

If your raid is new to raiding, then you should not even consider HK or RoTP. You need to learn raid mechanics first, and understand how raiding works and your team need to learn how to cooperate, move and perform different kind of tasks at the same time to get a boss down.

But to start with all raiders should read up on any boss they go to. Just throw in a group of people to a boss they never been to nor know anything about, and think you will figure it out, is just a waist of peoples time and you are all going to be very frustrated and wipe so many times there is no numbers to it even.

So first GSB if you are totally new to this. After that RoS, GP or DH. Read up on the mechanics on http://www.riftstrats.com/ raid and learn, and when you are done with those instances, then you should be geared enough and understanding enough, to start on HK.

Telaran

Start with DH then GP. DH is very much like a "harder" T2 expert dungeon. I personally think MDD is harder (given the gear level you will be at when you start it)
    "I'm not so familiar with clerics but I just want to help and if I get flames for troller n such I get the idea that half of the cleric population are crybabies for more dps it's true that all classes shud get around the same dps idc about what roles u can fit what amount of dps roles u have cause in the end if every1 has high dps the raid is stronger altogethe"

Plane Touched

RoTP and HK are T2 raids with associated DPS checks and harder mechanics.
    The first boss in RotP is a dps check, if you are undergeared or inexperienced you will wipe, in RotP even more so than HK as in a 10 ppl every single member counts.
    Gear up in DH and GP, get experience and then give the T2 raids a try.
    Moiran
    Immortal Tyrants of Gelidra
    Guild Website

Plane Touched

Ok thanks a lot for your answers.

We have completed(and do every week with ease) DH.
    GP we have done 3/4. Last boss is really something wrong with it.
    We have killed the dark focis in Ros.
    We have killed first 3 bosses in GSB - although 2nd if very frustrating.

You'll probably need to be at least 4/5 in RoS, 5/5 in GSB, 4/4 GP and 4/4 DH before you can make serious attempts in HK and Rotp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Plane Touched

If you're 4/5 in ROS there is no reason you shouldn't be 5/5.

But yeah I agree with others. Stick to t1 raids for now. Get some relics, they'll definitely help and be even better after 1.7
    Last edited by Coel; 01-31-2012 at 05:39 AM.

My guild started raiding three month ago, start with dh, once it's easy, go gp.

Once you did at least the two first bosses, go GSB, le second boss will be a pain in the ***, but once done, the 4th will learn your raid to focus dps, your heals to burst heal, your assist to buff/debuff when they need. For the lord, you'll need either great dps (what you wont have until some time), or a lot of coordination.

Once you did that, i guess you can go RoS which is way harder than GSB, you'll have real strats, movements...

To put it simply, for RoTP, you need 10k dps for the first boss to do it without too much problems, it means you need 1 tank, 2 good heal (or 3), one archonte (not necessary, but it helps a lot), and so in the worst case, 5 dps, which means, buffed, they must be able to do 2k dps each.

Regarding HK, murdantix need a lot more team works, cause you'll need to have reactive kicker, else, you'll soon have people insta killed, you'll need strong raids awareness, for the movements, you'll need good tanks too, they'll take a lot more damages than you got on the t1 raids... and well, you'll need a lot of dps, else it's a bit challenging, cause the most dps you lack, the most you spend time doing harder phases, like phases when the bosses are doing their spells which can ruin your raid even though you're at 4% of its head.
    [FR] Conspiracy. ID conq 9th.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    You'll probably need to be at least 4/5 in RoS, 5/5 in GSB, 4/4 GP and 4/4 DH before you can make serious attempts in HK and Rotp.
    if your guild can't kill Uruluuk you will probably have a very hard time in HK or RotP. When the guild I was in started HK we could clear GP in about 30 minutes and still had a few issues at first getting used to Hammerknell. If you are raiding casually for your enjoyment slamming your heads into content past your level of progression is only going to cause frustration for your guild members. GL when you do enter HK though.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

+ Reply to Thread