+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tired of LFG dungeons and geting 40-50 in low level

Soulwalker

Default Tired of LFG dungeons and geting 40-50 in low level

What purpose is there for these idiot high levels coming here and steamrolling everything? It's not fun for me if you can rush through the dungeon not picking up every quest, or making my healing useless considering you are far overleveled for the content

Why can high levels even join the queue for low level content?

I don't even need to be alt tabbed into the game now, my presence is unnecessary, its absolutely ridiculous
    Last edited by lowhonor; 01-28-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Sword of Telara

Plenty of saga quest that throws us back into lower level dungeons if we never did the quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by lowhonor View Post

Because Trion wont let us complete the quests for instances in elite versions, like every other game.

three reasons:

primary one for most people: saga quests
    50s come in to troll just you, cause ya know they can, problem?

or

*gasps*

they feel like helping low levels cause, well they can

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    or

*gasps*

they feel like helping low levels cause, well they can
    This, as well new roles being tried out. Like the 50 purifier that couldn't keep us nor himself alive in normal Foul Cascade...

Ascendant

Now I'm all sad. I went through my cleric's quest log and abandoned all of the grey dungeon quests because I didn't get them done when I was of the appropriate level and didn't think I'd get them done now that I'm getting close to 40. You mean I could have queued for reg RotF, helped a few friendly folks to get in a quick run and pass off all the loot to them, AND finished the quest instead of abandoning it?

Poo.

That's right...poo.
    Last edited by Licentia; 01-28-2012 at 09:13 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

When LFD was first being tried out, you could queue for a dungeon if you were of a suitable level, and party members would come with you, but they opened it up.

Me, I'm glad of it. I've only seen high-levels a couple of times, but when I have, they've been better than waiting.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

They don't nerf your xp. There's absolutely no reason to be upset.

What purpose is there for these idiot high levels coming here and steamrolling everything?
    I can think of a number of reasons:

1) They are on some quest line that requires them to be there.

2) They are grinding notoriety (quicker than doing expert versions).

3) They are there helping a lower level guildie (they often come as tanks or healers, to speed up the queuing process).

4) They like charity runs and/or want a really easy dungeon run so they can watch TV or do something else on the side.

5) They are bad players who need to outgear content and other players by at least 10-20 levels to appear strong and capable. As an example, I did King's Breach on my (then) level 40 rogue, and we had a level 50 cleric healer. She went oom on one of the idols and wiped the group after having spammed Healing Communion for 10 seconds (I slipped away tho^^).

I do agree with you, though. High-levels joining trivializes the instance. However, some like the fact, some don't.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

I queue for <40 level dungeons as every role on my cleric and steamroll them for people. They're usually happy to see a high level come in and do it fast for them. Heck, I usually stick around and do a few more with them if they ask. It already takes several hours to get a group going at those levels because no one wants to deal with terrible healers and tanks.

QQ, my dungeons going faster.
    s

Plane Touched

As per other posters, yes the usual reasons for seeing high levels in dungeons is...
    1. The Saga Questline
    2. Completionists who want to do every quest but didn't manage to at that level
    3. Helping a Guildie

I've done this a few times myself and I have to say I see it from both sides, so I do actually stop to ask the group if they mind... so far the only answers I've gotten are 'Hell no - free treasure for us!.'

To be honest whilst leveling there is little to be learnt from the dungeons... they really are all about completing those quests, experience and a shot at some good loot... all of which having a 50 along will make 100 times easier.

None the less, I do get it if some people want to 'work through' the content without help, and as a 50 I would happily leave a group to it if that was there preference.
    LEVEL 50 ETH WARRIOR TANK - BLOODIRON
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 (Conq) | RoS 5/5 (Conq) | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

The more level 50s in my dungeons whilst levelling the better.

I've done them all so many times that they aren't even vaguely interesting anymore and I'd rather just get to max level so I can run some pugs with my alts.
    Nope.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    They don't nerf your xp. There's absolutely no reason to be upset.
    And here is a perfect reason why MMORPGs have nosedived in quality in recent years. This attitude. Some people enjoy actually doing the content, not having it be done for you. Its about the journey, not the destination.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
    And here is a perfect reason why MMORPGs have nosedived in quality in recent years. This attitude. Some people enjoy actually doing the content, not having it be done for you. Its about the journey, not the destination.
    I'm sure the content was still enjoyable the first 20 times you did the dungeon, does it really matter if the 21st time you do it it goes a little fast?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast