+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lifegiving Veil as MT heal buff for chloros?!?

Telaran

Default Lifegiving Veil as MT heal buff for chloros?!?

Hei,

I see it more and more. Mages is using Lifegiving Veil for healing T2 Dungeons, is there anyone who got any good experience with it, because I only got bad experience with those healers, and alot of them gets grumpy if I ask them to switch.

The heals I get from them to my experience is alot lower than the other kinds of healers, and synthesis healers is alot better.

The usual excuses are;

1. I dont have synthesis.
    Why sign as healers then, go do your aoe heals in raids instead I want tank healer.

2. Your not dieing are you?
    Well thats not because of you atleast, if I outgear the content, I still prefer having higher health and being able to pull multiple packs.

3. Its easier to AoE heal.
    Doh, change to Lifegiving Veil in those few fights where group is taking alot of AoE damage, is that to hard for you.

4. I am doing more damage with Lifegiving Veil.
    Is this even true?

So are there any good arguments for using it through a whole dungeon? Is it only me that got bad experience with it?

Ascendant

1) Often, AE heals via LGV are more than enough to sustain a decent tank, even through chain pulling, especially if the mage is overgearing the instance.
    2) LGV healing is more consistent AE healing, making them better for all fights as long as they keep the tank up.
    3) Builds that incorporate only LGV often have much better damage, even while healing. This makes everything faster, with boss fights being most noticeable.

Personally, if I notice a tank is taking so little damage that I rarely see a green number go off, I switch to Pyro/Chloro or ChloroLock and heal/DPS that way.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Rift Disciple

If they refuse to switch to LBV, kick them.

1. If they don't have synthesis, kick them.

2. I too have heard this a lot, sadly enough many people are hardheaded and the only way they'll learn is through multiple kicks.

3. LGV does make AoE healing a lot easier, at the cost of drastically reducing your tank heal ability. As long as your tank is doing his job, there's really no reason to ever switch to LGV.

4. LGV does not make you do more damage, however, most of the specs that run LGV that do not have synthesis (chloro/lock, chloro/pyro) do more DPS than 51chloro.

Telaran

The problem is the extra damage doesnt make an dungeon faster, it really does make everything slower. Since as you said its enough for chain pulling, but with proper healing you are not restricted to chain pulling, you can take several packs, just clump them together, makes for bigger aoe for everybody else. And on half of the bosses you can pull packs into those fights to. Alot of the time the restriction to how many mobs you can pull is a combination of how much damage you can take and healing.

For aoe heal, its one button switch, then you can heal almost as good as your aoe heal specs.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

if you can't get by with a chlorolock or dps heavy-icar it is probably a gear issue. more or less requires some over gearing of the instance, and with the mark and xp changes to t2s there are lots of over geared players running them.

as a cleric it is pretty easy to keep most tanks alive with reparation and righteous mandate heals, and every now and then a healing breath. I'd assume for a chloro it is pretty much the same but with veil and bloom. more dps = faster dungeon = faster xp/marks! should probably have a backup spec for just in case

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nonick View Post
    The problem is the extra damage doesnt make an dungeon faster, it really does make everything slower. Since as you said its enough for chain pulling, but with proper healing you are not restricted to chain pulling, you can take several packs, just clump them together, makes for bigger aoe for everybody else. And on half of the bosses you can pull packs into those fights to. Alot of the time the restriction to how many mobs you can pull is a combination of how much damage you can take and healing.

For aoe heal, its one button switch, then you can heal almost as good as your aoe heal specs.
    if you want to play on that level don't ***** about what the lfg tool gives ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Focusv5 View Post

2. I too have heard this a lot, sadly enough many people are hardheaded and the only way they'll learn is through multiple kicks.

3. LGV does make AoE healing a lot easier, at the cost of drastically reducing your tank heal ability. As long as your tank is doing his job, there's really no reason to ever switch to LGV.

4. LGV does not make you do more damage, however, most of the specs that run LGV that do not have synthesis (chloro/lock, chloro/pyro) do more DPS than 51chloro.
    Most of this is horrible advice...

I cant remember the last time I've been forced to use LBV in a dungeon or even HK. Tank damage just isnt really high enough to warrant more then a bloom from time to time.
    Last edited by Quietmode; 01-28-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Cleric Tank

Ascendant

If the tank is dying, then yes, they should be switching to Lifebound veil and spamming void life.

If the tank is not dying, why does it matter?

I often let tanks get really low when I'm healing a pug T2 just to crit an invocation for 11k and make them sweat.

Forget chloros, use a bard to heal the dungeon and make it a 10-15 minute run. lol

Yeah, but realistically speaking, if your tank is taking too much dmg, synth always works best. Just kindly suggest a 51 chloro build to them, or let them mouse-over macro essence surge and bloom for those last minute saves (in case they're using aoe chloro builds).
    BadMedicine
    R90 Mage | i didn't really quit PvE | Diwiodjo | Bloodiron
    I am the under-achiever.

Prophet of Telara

I usually just run a dps spec with 18 chloro and hit the tank with a bloom every 10 sec.

If you're not dying, don't complain about runs being faster because your 'healer' is dpsing at the same time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    Most of this is horrible advice...

I cant remember the last time I've been forced to use LBV in a dungeon or even HK. Tank damage just isnt really high enough to warrant more then a bloom from time to time.
    I was speaking of the situation from an undergeared standpoint where someone using LGV instead of LBV would become obvious. You're obviously overgeared, you're not going to need to use LBV.

Rift Disciple

While it's definitely possible to keep your tank up solely with LGV, using a 51chloro spec will allow your tank to pull faster, increasing speed much moreso than the small DPS a chloro/hybrid brings.

I almost always use LGV... but I'm overgeared =(

The dps increase for me goes from 300 -> 1000 single target... and when heals arn't critical 3k+ on trash packs.

Heals are lower on the tank, but 95% of the time it's not a problem... if it is, I use 51 chloro... but it's really boring

If your healer is having trouble, they should switch, if they refuse when there is clearly a problem... then you can verbally abuse them I guess :/

Ahhhhhhh, this post is so incorrect it's painful.

LGV is all you need for t2s, unless you're BOTH in blues and you're dying in like 3 seconds as the tank, which is pretty rare.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

While it's definitely possible to keep your tank up solely with LGV, using a 51chloro spec will allow your tank to pull faster, increasing speed much moreso than the small DPS a chloro/hybrid brings.
    It's more situational than that. If the tank isn't dying when you're moving at a reasonable pace, might as well use a fewer-points build and get some damage in.

... Of course, I occasionally healed dungeons as a balance druid because lol whatever.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast