+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Instance resets

Soulwalker

Default Instance resets

Okay, I have to admit I am new to this game.. I just bought it a week or so ago and I've hit level 50 recently. I've got some pretty decent gear and am doing well in Tier 2 Expert dungeons.

However, I have a complaint.... Getting locked out of a dungeon is absolute nonsense. People need those plaques of achievement and gear!! That's one of the biggest parts of the game!! Why should we be punished for doing those and as a result get locked out?? I know its only for a day, but to be honest I would LOVE to do cadeceus rise a few times in a row I think it's a great instance and it's one of my favorites... However, I don't like some of the others quite as much.

I would REALLY love to see this "lock-out" thing changed... I understand that some of it may be that by locking people out they'll only be able to get so much currency per day, which in turn would allow your company to make more by forcing people to play LONGER. More days to get good gear yea yea I got it... but we're still spending the same amount of hours getting that gear? Can you please change it.... I would greatly appreciate being able to reset my t1 and t2 dungeons...

Finally, it is my understanding that Raids have a 1 week lockout?!?!!!?????? I'm sorry but only getting to do 3 raids .... for $15 ...... is absolute nonsense!!! If this is indeed the top game content that absolutely makes the game... Well the players should be allowed to do these raids however many times they please! I mean it's not as if people are going to "farm" these raids/ dungeons... they're actually quite difficult!

So my proposal is and I hope to see this in 1.8... PLEASE take away the instance locks... or at least get rid of the t1/t2 locks and change the raids to a 1 a day lock -_- that is all...

It honestly makes me anxious and uncomfortable to know that I can only do 1 of that dungeon a day... really sad guys very disappointed here... It may be enough once I get to raidings to actually make me quit the game altogether

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Move along, don't feed the troll.

You know.. you can just do the random dungeon all day long without a lockout. Lockouts only apply to dungeons not done via. random. And yes. people would farm Raids if it were possible. we clear HK in 3.5 hours.... what would stop us from doing it 6 days a week?
    Last edited by Ramen Sama; 01-28-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Telaran

"Terdgobbler"

Yep...sounds about right.

Champion of Telara

Is selecting the dungeon the only one that's locked? You know, I've never noticed. I've always queued random and there's plenty of times I even get the same dungeon. Back to back even. Sometimes even when joining from within the dungeon during a guild farm.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Is selecting the dungeon the only one that's locked? You know, I've never noticed. I've always queued random and there's plenty of times I even get the same dungeon. Back to back even. Sometimes even when joining from within the dungeon during a guild farm.
    Yes, the lockout applies to trying to enter the dungeon the old way (or queueing specifically for that dungeon). It's mostly a hold-out from pre-LFD days...or to stop you from farming a single dungeon for drops (why bother?).

The LFD tool will ignore lockouts when you let it choose "randomly" for you.

+ Reply to Thread