+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By potis

Thread: some questions about Matron Zamira

Shadowlander

Default some questions about Matron Zamira

I know we are going to press the buttons. Why will many big adds (not the small ones) appear when we press the fourth button? What's wrong with my guild?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by pkAngelo View Post
    I know we are going to press the buttons. Why will many big adds (not the small ones) appear when we press the fourth button? What's wrong with my guild?
    Its a sort of Enrage DPS check mechanic.

You are supposed to kill her without using the 4th, or a few seconds after using the fourth, i think its like 10-15 seconds or something tops before she debuffs, 5 seconds till adds appear.

If you have issues with tomes, just push the stacks up.

A good start is to do this: 69-70% (A logical number for "bad dps" is 35 stacks) for first tome, 35-40% second tome(Again around 35 stacks) 15-20% third tome, without allowing her stacks to go above 18 or so, using cooldowns on the tanks after ~14 stacks.

With the warrior mitigation buffs it shouldnt be an issue, but undergeared/new progressing guilds might need to use some cooldowns for Revolting Ichor.

Do remember that after a certain amount of stacks, Dark Concussion (The circle) will one-shot most non-tanks, or it hits for like 5-6k making it really dangerous, hence it has to always be avoided, especially for your melee, make them run out for a bit, then after the circle lands-->Run in and burn her-->Run out, its a 15 second window.

Again, depends on your DPS/Raid Setup, but the basic stuff are simple, use the stacks wisely.
    Last edited by potis; 01-12-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

On progression on this boss, I tended to have our guy use the tomes at:

~75% (about 30 stacks)
    ~50% (again about 30 stacks)
    31% (around 20-25 stacks)

and then burn the boss. It's quite likely you'll have a tank or two get one-shot near the end of the fight, just keep going. The boss only has single target attacks, so even if all your tanks die it takes quite a long time for her to wipe your raid.

Nowadays, my guild clicks at 66% (about 25 stacks) and 33% (again about 25) and doesn't even use a third tome.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post

~75% (about 30 stacks)

and then burn the boss. It's quite likely you'll have a tank or two get one-shot near the end of the fight, just keep going. The boss only has single target attacks, so even if all your tanks die it takes quite a long time for her to wipe your raid.

Nowadays, my guild clicks at 66% (about 25 stacks) and 33% (again about 25) and doesn't even use a third tome.
    pretty much how we did it aswell, except we kept tanking it even at 40-45+ stacks < no problem whatsoever with warrior tanks

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post

~75% (about 30 stacks)

Pretty much this, did it with zero tomes this week and it was just F-ing boring, the add phases break up what turns out is a very monotonous fight without them.

As for the fourth tome, just pretend it isn't there. Never click it, if you can't do it in three change your strat or get more deeps.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

The fewer melee you have, the more you can push the stacks. 25+ stacks is increasingly guaranteed death in melee, but if you're ranged-heavy you can probably push 30+ stacks easily for the first tome at least. You really don't want to be getting past 20 or so for the third tome if you're new to the place, as she starts hitting the tanks damn hard, and from there you really ought to be trying to burn her down without relying on the fourth tome.

If you're needing the fourth tome, you either don't have enough DPS, or you're mis-handling the big adds and letting them get casts off. Don't be afraid to push the first couple of tomes as far as your healers can manage, it'll give you a lot more breathing room on the third tome and afterwards.

Also, if people aren't already, make sure they move towards the boss when they get marked, so the big add spawn in the middle and can be picked up and cleaved down easily. Otherwise it makes it hard to interrupt them, they start casting and refuse to move from one spot, and you have to switch DPS off of the boss to get them down.

Ascendant

Default Reflective Command is your friend

Having two mages with enough Dom for reflective command is a HUGE dps boost. Reflecting Hideous Blast is a giant dps boost, and really helps finish her off. Generally, this will be your archon and chloro for this fight.

Have your tanks make the following macro:
    cancelbuff Reflective Command

Your tank should hit the macro every time she casts "Revolting Ichor", it will remove the Reflect in case it was mis-timed and prevent her from healing.

At 5%, interrupt all Hideous Blasts and burn her down.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Reflecting at the end of the fight will help make the final push,

pressing each book with 1-2 more stacks per one makes a giant difference in time you have before soft enraging

making sure all arc of nights are interupted, as well as making sure the add tank (if you use one) is quickly drawing the add under the boss rather than running around too often causing the dps to be slow on adds and removing the ability to cleave the boss while killing the add.

As others said:
    • Reflective command (& cancel buff macro).
    • Don't be afraid to push stack count higher earlier on when it's all melee.
    • Have a plan for who tanks the adds when they come after tome pop. We have one tank hold everything and get focused heals w/ HC. Then the second tank waits about 6 seconds and taunts matron off. They can usually be kept alive with mandate/random aoe heals.
    • Only taunt matron sub 40% during a cast of Blast. This makes sure reflect gets on the right person.
    • Have your 3rd tank be a 32 WL so they can pop WL CDs during add phases.
    • You'll want to time your 3rd tome so you never take Ichors really high up in stacks. Our healers got nervous when she got around 20 during ichor phase.
    • Have as many people as range as possible running to the add tank when they get called. We found it best to only have warriors as melee.
    • You can have 1 rogue solo up top using NB/SN if they're not able to kill the adds.
    • Oh, and expect for the tanks to die. It will happen a lot, that's what battle rezzes are for.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    As others said:
    • Oh, and expect for the tanks to die. It will happen a lot, that's what battle rezzes are for.
    Heh, our first kill we had both tanks die (me twice). If you don't have two warrior main tanks, make one of your dps warriors switch for this fight. We tried using a cleric tank, but she was just getting crushed at 25+ stacks. Fortunately, she does an awesome job at add tanking.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    Heh, our first kill we had both tanks die (me twice). If you don't have two warrior main tanks, make one of your dps warriors switch for this fight. We tried using a cleric tank, but she was just getting crushed at 25+ stacks. Fortunately, she does an awesome job at add tanking.
    We had 2 warrior tanks as well. Our cleric tank said that adds were mana draining him. Rogue tank does well too for their CDs.

Oh I almost forgot this part - be careful where you stand. If you eat a bomb and get knocked down the stairs, she will Shadow Barrage **** you. If you get kocked back toward a wall you have a chance to get back in melee range.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

+ Reply to Thread