Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rise of the Phoenix (Sliver) - Seething Cores Temporarily Disabled

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Rise of the Phoenix (Sliver) - Seething Cores Temporarily Disabled

Hi everyone,

Thanks to your reports we've uncovered an additional issue with Seething Cores. We've temporarily disabled them until they can be fixed in an upcoming update.

You can still enjoy the rest that Rise of the Phoenix has to offer, have fun!

Plane Touched

If this isn't fixed today, you may potentially frustrate anyone who needs rings/marks and were going to do this

Plane Touched

If we kill all of the available bosses will the seething cores be there later in the week if the hotfix comes?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Unicornpower View Post
    If we kill all of the available bosses will the seething cores be there later in the week if the hotfix comes?
    This is a pretty important question especially for those that were going to be running this instance today.

Ascendant

Are the drops from the extra cores going to be rolled back?
    Last edited by TheRealKillian; 12-09-2011 at 12:23 PM.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

This needs to be fixed today, i need my marks and rings as our guild doesnt even have a 4 piece done yet and we are still progressing.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

RIFT Community Ambassador

simple fix... roll back to previous state.
    then work on fixing the broken stuff on PTS
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Rift Master

It does seem odd how something so severe and easy to pick up, if it was originally QA tested properly. This just doesn't bug in the way it does from going to test to live.

However I don't think they can reverse the changes on live without sending out a patch, disabling the mini bosses however, can be disabled without a pushed out patch; Still... as above, how could you miss this bug guys?

Same time WoW had it's bug and banned lotsa players too :P
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Actually, the question is this: Why is it every patch something breaks that you haven't even touched?

I understand not putting things into patch notes, but what changed that caused the Crafting vendors to have to be disabled for a day?

What happened to cause these guys to become loot pinata's?

And the question still remains, if people clear the other bosses, will these become active when you finally hotfix it three days after the fact, or are you planning a patch over the weekend?

When is it getting fixed? We might as well cancel our raid because most of us still need the rings that these golems drop.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktyl View Post
    Actually, the question is this: Why is it every patch something breaks that you haven't even touched?
    hey guess what, they did make a change to these guys...

Seething Core now only spawn after a boss has been killed.
    It's in the 1.6.1 patch notes, and hey guess what, this only happened after that patch.

In a program as large and as complicated as a current MMO, its not uncommon to change something and have unexpected results. Sure they could test everything a lot more and never have bugs get released to the public, but then you would only see updates once every couple of months at the best.

Ascendant

Well, I was unable to run this prior to today, so if it's not fixed by Sunday, I will be petitioning until I receive at the bare minimum the marks associated with killing them. It's unfair to those that were unable to kill them on Wed or Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    hey guess what, they did make a change to these guys...
    It's in the 1.6.1 patch notes, and hey guess what, this only happened after that patch.
    So, explain how spawning a boss would affect his loot table? Neither of us can without looking at source code, so it's a rhetorical question.

That still doesn't explain the crafting vendors that were disabled.. and no patch notes on them.

In a program as large and as complicated as a current MMO, its not uncommon to change something and have unexpected results. Sure they could test everything a lot more and never have bugs get released to the public, but then you would only see updates once every couple of months at the best.
    I am fully aware of the size of the program. I also know how to do regression testing to make sure the same bugs don't keep coming back into release programs over and over and over.

The flip side to quick releases is that bugs do get released fairly often. Maybe a balance between the two might be needed.

Plane Walker

They changed how they spawn to prevent people from solo farming them by going straight to them and kiting them. As a side effect the golems now spawn everytime a boss is killed instead of just once. The loot table has nothing to do with it.

As for crafting vendors, I do not know what caused that, but any number of minor things could have caused it. It happens, In every game, program etc. Just have to roll with the punches in an MMO.

Plane Touched

To anyone who says "oh this bug is hard to miss bc of a big mmo", youre wrong. A quick sanity check of the changelog. Ive done software qa for 3 years and it is pretty easy, especially black box testing. Rift devs need to hand out god mode on pts of some sort so things get tested.

The t2 raid rifts are another fine example.

The lack of testing and slow warrior and pvp fixes have pretty muchdriven me to consider swtor for my mmo fix

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast