+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: some questions about Matron Zamira

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default some questions about Matron Zamira

    My guild members feel hard to defeat Matron Zamira. I have some questions concerning this fight:

    1. If I don't kill Nightmare Spirit, what will happen? Since killing this wasted our dps on boss and someone observed that their maximum number is 2.
    2. Nightmare Spirit will cast a ability named 'Wrath of the Night.' what will happen if I don't interrupt?

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    The Nightmare Spirits, give a player a debuff that hits for 1.5-2k, and slows them down.

    Also when they do some ability that i forget the name now, they AOE around them for ~1.5k per second or 2 seconds, something like that, only saw this happening once on an add that didnt despawn when she died and we carried it around for a minute while doing loot before we cared about it.

    If the adds gather up, and they do gather up, you just have more players slowed and random 2k attacks which means:

    Slowed Player-->Dark Concussion (the circle she does)--<Dead player, especially during new guilds.

    Dealing with the adds on matron is quite easy, what we did back in the day and with the lack of gear and everything was simply.

    Tank the add under the boss, have someone interrupt "Arc of the Night" so it wont heal, and it gets AoEd down by people you assigned, as example for us back in August, it was 2 Cabalists + Interrupting Warrior.

    Each guild assigns their own people, anything works really, just hold it under the boss and tell your players to put some AoE in their rotation and it dies as long as someone interrupts Arc of the Night so it wont heal itself back up.
    Last edited by potis; 12-08-2011 at 05:53 PM.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    three more questions:

    1. Who will the mobs 'Child of Night' target when they first appear? They always attack our boss tank and we can't heal him up even with two purifiers. And another tank cannot aggro the adds!
    2. Why someone suggests that there should be a rogue tank?
    3. why dominator is useful in this fight? Someone suggests that dominators can silence the child of night, is it true? Is the ability "Arresting Presence"?
    Last edited by pkAngelo; 12-09-2011 at 08:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Rogue has vortex that hits unlimited targets and ranged attacks so easier to pick up adds if someone doesnt run to the middle with the debuff.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The Nightmare Spirits, give a player a debuff that hits for 1.5-2k, and slows them down.

    Also when they do some ability that i forget the name now, they AOE around them for ~1.5k per second or 2 seconds, something like that, only saw this happening once on an add that didnt despawn when she died and we carried it around for a minute while doing loot before we cared about it.

    If the adds gather up, and they do gather up, you just have more players slowed and random 2k attacks which means:

    Slowed Player-->Dark Concussion (the circle she does)--<Dead player, especially during new guilds.

    Dealing with the adds on matron is quite easy, what we did back in the day and with the lack of gear and everything was simply.

    Tank the add under the boss, have someone interrupt "Arc of the Night" so it wont heal, and it gets AoEd down by people you assigned, as example for us back in August, it was 2 Cabalists + Interrupting Warrior.

    Each guild assigns their own people, anything works really, just hold it under the boss and tell your players to put some AoE in their rotation and it dies as long as someone interrupts Arc of the Night so it wont heal itself back up.
    According to your suggestion, our guild is better than before. We use a few of aoe dps killing the Nightmare Spirit.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkAngelo View Post
    three more questions:

    1. Who will the mobs 'Child of Night' target when they first appear? They always attack our boss tank and we can't heal him up even with two purifiers. And another tank cannot aggro the adds!
    2. Why someone suggests that there should be a rogue tank?
    3. why dominator is useful in this fight? Someone suggests that dominators can silence the child of night, is it true? Is the ability "Arresting Presence"?
    1. The second tank should taunt Matron when the adds pop. One tank will have the adds and the other will have the boss.

    3. Yes, Arresting Presence will work on the adds, but it can mess up your reflect rotation sub 30%, so don't rely on it.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

  7. #7
    Champion Nefaruis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkAngelo View Post
    three more questions:

    1. Who will the mobs 'Child of Night' target when they first appear? They always attack our boss tank and we can't heal him up even with two purifiers. And another tank cannot aggro the adds!
    2. Why someone suggests that there should be a rogue tank?
    3. why dominator is useful in this fight? Someone suggests that dominators can silence the child of night, is it true? Is the ability "Arresting Presence"?
    1) the child of night target the player highest in threat (not always a tank so be careful) have your tanks toss out aoe taunts to pick them all up in case there is a DPSr that is over achieving. Make sure the tanks do swap at this time and healer's coveneant or other similar CD abilities are used during this time on both matron tanks.

    2) as explained already, they have some nice threat and personal cooldown abilities that work very well with fight mechanics.

    3) doms are usually used to refelct hideous blast sub 40%, be careful using this tactic as reflecting revolting ichor instead will heal her.

  8. #8
    Telaran TheMaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Here are a few tips for you

    3 Tanks
    -2 War With 44 Reaver Builds - for singularity)
    -1 Rouge , can aoe dps and drawn in if need be.

    2 Purifers if Needed (we used one)
    -3x CD"s stagged

    2 Builds with Healer's Covenent

    1 Archon/1 Brd - duh

    Rest DPS.


    As far as the fight here is what we do

    We normally have 4 DPS war's and 4 DPS Rgoues 3 DPS Mages - We put our top 3 DPS on nightmares so that we never have to worry about having more then 1 out.

    Everyone spreads out in the room and every timeyour name is called you have that person run to rouge tank who should be right on top of Matron. Everyoen waits 3 seconds then goes to AOE and have the 3 top dps'ers switch to single target on spirit. Rouge tank and 1 Marksmen are always responsible for "Arch of Night" - the healing move, only one you really need to worry about it.

    This should take care of any issues with the spirits

    As far as the tanks I'm not sure but I"m guesing if you have that many heals already your tanks are not timing their pickups correctly and are not moving in a circle to keep all the adds in front of them.

    The way we do it is we normally will get up to about 35 stacks or so, you might need to start out around 25 based on gear. Once we hit this point I have my OT pick up right when I hit 12 seconds till stack is off and Ill have him grab it, as soon as we switch the rouge upstairs pops which if timed correctly gets me clean right when the adds come out. All CD's go to me, purifer's shields and health plus Healers Covenant. I run around in a circle real quick and pop my aoe taunts and call to entrech, which also grabs matron but with the CD"s on no stacks its not a big issue. After 10 seconds I pop singularity and OT grabs matron back after stacks are gone.

    One thing that also helps with heals, is having your chloro Synth switch with mouse over macros.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaven View Post
    The way we do it is we normally will get up to about 35 stacks or so, you might need to start out around 25 based on gear. Once we hit this point I have my OT pick up right when I hit 12 seconds till stack is off and Ill have him grab it, as soon as we switch the rouge upstairs pops which if timed correctly gets me clean right when the adds come out. All CD's go to me, purifer's shields and health plus Healers Covenant. I run around in a circle real quick and pop my aoe taunts and call to entrech, which also grabs matron but with the CD"s on no stacks its not a big issue. After 10 seconds I pop singularity and OT grabs matron back after stacks are gone.

    One thing that also helps with heals, is having your chloro Synth switch with mouse over macros.
    Or you can just have the tanks swap as soon as the adds pop and one tank will have adds and one will have Matron. HC both and you're fine.

    And with Warriors mitigation as is, you can easily go to 35 stacks even with no HK gear.
    Last edited by mattya802; 12-09-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaven View Post
    One thing that also helps with heals, is having your chloro Synth switch with mouse over macros.
    It's easier to just turn on 2 options. Target of target and Cast through target. Just hit Synth when you see Matron's target change from tank 1 to tank 2 and vice versa. keep spamming that void life. go to sleep.
    Last edited by Coel; 12-09-2011 at 10:45 AM.

  11. #11
    Champion Nefaruis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coel View Post
    It's easier to just turn on 2 options. Target of target and Cast through target. Just hit Synth when you see Matron's target change from tank 1 to tank 2 and vice versa. keep spamming that void life. go to sleep.
    mmmmm void life

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Thank you for your replying. Basically, the only problem of my guild is that the third tank, a rogue, cannot grab the Child's Night! And all the adds run to hit the tank who is tanking the boss! I will keep trying and report the problem!

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkAngelo View Post
    Thank you for your replying. Basically, the only problem of my guild is that the third tank, a rogue, cannot grab the Child's Night! And all the adds run to hit the tank who is tanking the boss! I will keep trying and report the problem!
    That shouldnt even matter.

    The 3rd tank is there for the big add and for backup tanking in case some 1-shot revolting ichor might happen (I guess it can for new undergeared guilds with bad dps), the child adds that spawn from the tome are for your tanks and healers to handle.

    Have a chloro/dom use Arresting Presence when Child's of the Night are about to spawn so the moment they spawn they cant cast anything therefor barely any damage on tanks, put Healer's Covenant on them and thats it, heal your tanks up and aoe the adds asap.

    If your tanks do some proper AoE taunting they can grab half and half adds, have Healer's Covenant on both and thats it.

    Loot pinata.
    Last edited by potis; 12-09-2011 at 06:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts