+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Raid Rifts broken?

Ascendant

Default New Raid Rifts broken?

My guild just did the new Earth Raid Rift in Ember Isle (Dragon's Gold) only to have it close after finishing phase 3 with no loot chest. There was no timer for the phase so it was a bit unexpected, especially to get nothing afterwards. I can only imagine something similar might happen with the Fire Raid Rift.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    My guild just did the new Earth Raid Rift in Ember Isle (Dragon's Gold) only to have it close after finishing phase 3 with no loot chest. There was no timer for the phase so it was a bit unexpected, especially to get nothing afterwards. I can only imagine something similar might happen with the Fire Raid Rift.
    Our t2 earth rift did that as well. We're not sure if there is a hidden timer that we failed or what.

We completed the Fire raid rift successfully (4 or 5 stages). We got 2-3 loots and 2 inscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Our t2 earth rift did that as well. We're not sure if there is a hidden timer that we failed or what.

We completed the Fire raid rift successfully (4 or 5 stages). We got 2-3 loots and 2 inscribed.
    Haven't bothered much to look at the new raid rifts, what tier is the loot? raid 1?

(Gear)

and this is what happens if damn near untested stuff gets pushed on live

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Haven't bothered much to look at the new raid rifts, what tier is the loot? raid 1?
    Tier 1.5ish. We got a dagger and a lesser I believe. The melee dagger had 38ish dps (44 is HK).

Ascendant

Well that's reassuring that it's probably the rift and not us if you guys had the same issue. Any good essences from the Fire one? I'm hoping to see a Greater worth using over a Lesser.

Champion

We killed the Fire rift, ended after Wave 4 and got 1 chest.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    Yea can't say I am suprised, I bet Gargarnot is bugged to, since he was never tested at all to my knowledge.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    Ditto! While working in software testing business myself, I see this crap happening all the time. Thankfully the projects I run are not let out in this shape. Maybe if Trion would recruit people that actually play this game to test the "final" version that they are about to release, things could be better. All the Raid content should be tested with full raid, and not just few developers that run through the content in god mode.

Requirements to provide a service that customers pay for:

1. It works
    2. It works
    3. It works
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

We completed Earth and Fire today as well. We didn't receive a chest for Earth, and our Fire chest was hidden in the ground. They seemed rather lack luster and extremely short compared to the T1 raid rifts.

I think the Rifts were bugged, at least speaking with someone who tested them on the PTS; he stated that the Rifts had some major bugs and should not have been released.

I was expecting a lot more from these Rifts, at least a bit of challenge aka the old Fire Raid Rift, but they were more comparable to the Death Raid Rift.
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by Algrim View Post
    Ditto! While working in software testing business myself, I see this crap happening all the time. Thankfully the projects I run are not let out in this shape. Maybe if Trion would recruit people that actually play this game to test the "final" version that they are about to release, things could be better. All the Raid content should be tested with full raid, and not just few developers that run through the content in god mode.

Requirements to provide a service that customers pay for:

1. It works
    2. It works
    3. It works
    I'm on the other side of the playing field... I work as a Test engineer for a software company and I agree with the importance of testing products/services before you let your paying customers play with it. Obviously you forgot 4. It meets the requirements set out by said customer.

p.s Trion hire me!
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

www.imperium.co

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Hey guys,

We've gotten a couple of reports of this occuring on live, and are looking into the issues now

Thanks
    -Gersh

Telaran

Yeah, i don't know if it was just a playful rift or not, stages 4-6 had no timers (i got to it in stage 4). You had to "Kill Elite" and the "Kill Elite 0/3" and "Kill Elite Named". I thought it was just a cute naming joke, because the mobs were actually named "Elite" and "Elite Named". If this isn't the case, then you should know that there are rifts out there with placeholder names.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

We've addressed the issues with the new earth and fire raid rifts not giving you your well deserved loot. Though, we also realize that there has been some confusion on the format of these raid rifts not being identical to previous raid rifts.

Dragon's Gold - The Earth Raid Rift, is only 3 stages, with loot being awarded at stage 2 and 3.

Enkindled Spirits - The Fire Raid Rift, has 4 stages, with loot being awarded at stage 2 and 4.

Just be aware that as we move forward and develop our raid rifts, we may not always follow the same format.

The sudden "Yea, we're pushing this steaming pile of **** live in 18mins" Post wasnt quite obvious it was going to be buggy as ****.

A little notice, like a day would have been awesome. Even your hotfixes are posted the night before. Sure we heard "This week", and alot of us have the feeling the only reason this was launched yesterday was because the forums were just hyped that it was happening yesterday, when in reality it shouldn't have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast