+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chronicles

Banned

Default Chronicles

These were pretty awesome.

I like how the bosses are laid out in GSB -- I'd like to see 5, 10, and 20 man content with arrangements like this. The large maps are impressive, for sure, but we really dislike needing to complete a 30k marathon with trash packs every 10 meters to get to bosses.

HK leaves something to be desired. I think because you only get to see 3 of the bosses with a short cameo from Estrode. I thought it was strange you get to fight every boss in GSB but very few in HK. Perhaps that might change in the future when the next raid comes out?

And then there's the Meridian.. honestly...

who made this?

Because seriously.. this place.. wtf?

Why is it so AWESOME? The boss fight was epic, the nonlinear feel of the courtyard after the death invasion comes is just incredible.

Somebody did a great job with this. And the visibility on the mechanics makes it friendly for new players. A tad bit boring because you can literally kite him without a thought and win, but a great looking boss and a really cool dungeon overall.

The major criticism I have is that I can't have harder versions of these to have 5 mans in (even if no extra quality is given to drops, call them "not-quite-hardmodes"). I had no trouble soloing all 3 pulling many packs at the same time. But I guess that's not a fair comparison -- I'm hardly "fresh 50" so I'll just assume the balance is quite right for the intended audience. Can't wait to try them out on my alts.

Ascendant

The Sanctum version was awesome, avoiding the stabs and swipes of the boss was pretty cool and I enjoyed HK...haven't done GSB yet. But just to say I agree with jmerlin omg!

I'm assuming the Meridian final boss is the same as the Sanctum one, and that boss was SO much fun. Easy as hell, but incredibly entertaining.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post

HK leaves something to be desired. I think because you only get to see 3 of the bosses with a short cameo from Estrode. I thought it was strange you get to fight every boss in GSB but very few in HK. Perhaps that might change in the future when the next raid comes out?
    Compared with GSB, HK seems unfinished, what happened there?

+ Reply to Thread