+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is there no T3 (Raid Tier 1) Belt?

Champion of Telara

Default Why is there no T3 (Raid Tier 1) Belt?

There are T2 vendor belts you can buy with Plaques, and T4 (Raid Tier 2) belts you buy with greater Marks. But there are no T3 (Raid Tier 1) belts. Does anyone know why?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Soulwalker

There is a large number of belts that drop in GSB/RoS that are easy to attain, so they probably felt it would be overkill to add one to the vendor that required you to farm more marks.

It's worth noting that belts are not part of the equipment sets, so wouldn't count toward synergy bonuses, either.

What I remember with the belts is that the upgrade in stats over your T2 belt was so small, many players were reluctant to "waste" dkp on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    It's worth noting that belts are not part of the equipment sets, so wouldn't count toward synergy bonuses, either.

What I remember with the belts is that the upgrade in stats over your T2 belt was so small, many players were reluctant to "waste" dkp on them.
    that's why a dkp system is stupid. just let people roll on them. belts often come from trash drops anyway.

Ascendant

People run around not wearing PvP belts?
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Bufkus View Post
    that's why a dkp system is stupid. just let people roll on them. belts often come from trash drops anyway.
    Well, even if you just /roll on them, usually you'd have a rule only one item per person. You wanna give up your chance on a relic for a 5-point upgrade to your belt slot?

Regardless, say Trion made all the GSB trash-dropped belts available for purchase with Marks. Do you think anyone would ever actually buy it? Cuz by the time you have Marks to waste on a belt, surely you already have the same or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post

They are a part of the HK equipment set. I am pretty sure they count for PvP also

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valcor View Post
    They are a part of the HK equipment set. I am pretty sure they count for PvP also
    They don't count for PvP.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

+ Reply to Thread