+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggested order of progression in HK?

Default Suggested order of progression in HK?

So we've started our first tentative steps into HK, most of us are near-as-dammit fully T1 raid geared apart from relics, but we're really having a hard time so far.

We've got Murdantix down without too much effort, but we're not sure where best to focus our efforts next... had a few goes on Matron Zamira before the patch and she kicked our ***, and since the patch she does the same thing only even quicker.

Would the other bosses make for an easier progression route, or is it pretty much a case of farming more relics and getting what drops we can from Murdantix before we can start making a serious push through the rest of the place?

Rift Disciple

After reading a lot of strats, I went to Matron instead of Zilas as the 2nd boss.

The fight is slightly harder from a dps perspective, but it has NONE of the RNG issues of Zilas. Matron is very straightforward, only adding interrupts below 40%.

Kill big adds, then kill boss, repeat till tome, aoe small adds, back to kill big adds, kill boss.. repeat 2 more times for the remaining 2 tomes, and interrupt hideous blast sub 40% - collect loot.

Warrior and/or cleric tanks on the boss, and we have a 3rd tank, warrior picking up the big adds, running 32 warlord for the Commands during the little adds, with a solo Shamicar up top for tome clicking.
    Last edited by Loit; 09-22-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    GM Rift Vendetta -- WarriorTank
    4/4 Dragons Bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    So we've started our first tentative steps into HK, most of us are near-as-dammit fully T1 raid geared apart from relics, but we're really having a hard time so far.

We've got Murdantix down without too much effort, but we're not sure where best to focus our efforts next... had a few goes on Matron Zamira before the patch and she kicked our ***, and since the patch she does the same thing only even quicker.

Would the other bosses make for an easier progression route, or is it pretty much a case of farming more relics and getting what drops we can from Murdantix before we can start making a serious push through the rest of the place?
    I would recommend Matron Zamira first. If she's giving you too many issues, it's time to go back to the drawing board and see what truly needs worked on.

What's wiping you on Matron? I'm going to assume tank death, so:

1. Are your tanks specced for top magic mitigation? For a warrior that will be void knight/reaver/pally.

2. Do your tanks have sufficient death resistance? I would recommend a full death sigil and vials/planar protection.

If you have really good healers, I suggest doing Matron 2nd. (A)
    If you have really good dps, I suggest doing Zilas 2nd. (B)
    If you have really coordinated players, I would suggest doing Molinar 2nd. (C)

(after Matron) Sicaron is a DPS check who also requires a purge rotation.
    (after Zilas) is Vlad, then Grugonim, another coordination-intensive fight.
    Estrode is after RKM, and she's easy mode.

I'd say something like:

If (A) -- Murdantix -> Matron -> Zilas -> Vlad -> Sicaron -> RKM -> Estrode -> Grugonim
    If (B) -- Murdantix -> Zilas -> Vlad -> Matron -> Sicaron -> RKM -> Estrode -> Grugonim
    If (C) -- Murdantix -> RKM - Estrode -> Zilas -> Vlad -> Matron -> Sicaron -> Grugonim
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Murdantix, (Zilas, Vladmaul, Matron), Sicaron, King/prince, Estrode, Grugonim.

Zilas, Vlad, and Matron are somewhat the same in terms of which you could deal with first (although obviously to get to vlad you got to down Zilas). With the latest changes i personally would recommend Zilas and then Vlad before Matron, but im sure others would recommend the opposite.

Where most guilds get hung up is Sicaron or King, mainly due to the fact that it truly tests the entire raid force, and you cant be "carried" through those fights without it being obvious or in fact, stopping progression all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    2. Do your tanks have sufficient death resistance? I would recommend a full death sigil and vials/planar protection.
    Isn't needed, our tanks have zero(bar what you get from archon + planar protection) and we kill her fine.

We use 2 warriors and 1 rogue.

I personally would recommend Zilas > Vlad > Matron
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/10

Chloromacers who macro their spells suck

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post
    Isn't needed, our tanks have zero(bar what you get from archon + planar protection) and we kill her fine.

We use 2 warriors and 1 rogue.

I personally would recommend Zilas > Vlad > Matron
    Unless it's currently bugged and ichor isn't affected by your death resistance, there's no reason in the world not to stack death resistance.

We went this way: Murdantix -> Matron -> Zilas -> Vlad -> Sicaron -> RKM -> Estrode -> Grugonim. Though with the recent changes to add health, Zilas is certainly fine to go for 2nd

+ Reply to Thread