+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joloral Ragetide

Default Joloral Ragetide

Our guild was running Drowned Halls last night we got the 'No one dying' achievement finally. However, the other healers and i were discussing an interesting thing that was happening;

When joloral emotes calling for the seacaps, even if JR hasn't eaten any, is out of water and the add isn't brought within 15m of him, his damage increases a fair amount and causes our tanks health to pendulum causes us to pop cooldowns a lot. When the seacap add phase isn't on, i can sit back and relax spamming my void life key while drinking tea, when the phase is active, i have to get all active and wake up.

Dunno if anyone else has noticed this or maybe it's just us getting lazy when the mechanic starts :P

Tabz

Was he near the big add? It buffs his damage by 75%

Cleric Tank

Ascendant

I've never noticed a difference in healing during that time, maybe just a fluke for you or you didn't see an add sneak up on him.

Rift Disciple

Pretty sure he has an ability called "Panicked Strikes" or something similar that causes a damage spike if you're not watching for it.
    Last edited by TheGreatShabba; 09-22-2011 at 08:57 AM.

To re-iterate for Quietmode's sake:

When joloral emotes calling for the seacaps, even if JR hasn't eaten any, is out of water and the add isn't brought within 15m of him
    Panicked strikes happens throughout the encounter, we happily heal through that. But when the seacap phase begins healing is not reduced and the tank isn't debuffed but his health pendulums.

I'm not complaining and we happily have defeated joloral twice now in our guild but i just wondered if perhaps anyone else has noticed it getting a little bit more healing intensive.

Never noticed anything like that tanking. The most recent time I killed him though, the fight was buggy as hell with seacaps spawning constantly everywhere in no particular order. Just brute forced it.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

tank damage just seemed pretty intense the whole fight.

how is your tank kiting the boss? If he turns away and runs he will take more damage just from doing that. When I tank I do that, but thats cause I can take the hits, the way we do it is to make sure that the boss never eats it or gets close to the add so if needed I will pop a small CD when running as well. I know my way is not the best way, backing slowly continually is, but I don't want healers having LoS issues so I run fast and make sure where I stop there is LoS to the healers. I think we tend to have half a healer more than needed on the fight anyways, someone who just generates heals like an icar, I think our shamicar runs during that fight normally for no one needing to heal OT but him.

+ Reply to Thread