+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: did something about Matron get broken with this hotfix?

Shield of Telara

Default did something about Matron get broken with this hotfix?

We are constantly having Hideous Blast stacks fall off Matron, it will go up to 2 stacks on her then immediately drop back to 1 even though we're reflecting every one. It's not reflected Ichors or something dumb like that.

Also Shadow Barrage is happening immediately upon the tank being knocked back which never used to happen before so we're having our tanks killed by that a lot. Previously you would have enough time to run/charge back into melee if you were quick whereas you simply don't any more.

I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary. I got punted 4-5 times away and as a cleric tank i have to stroll back up to the boss but was never hit by barrage. We dont reflect blast so i cant say anything in regards to that issue.

Cleric Tank

Your not the only folks who have mentioned having matron problems since the patch. We had trouble with her last night like never before and to be perfectly honest, couldnt really figure out why. We got her just fine in the end but it took like 4 more attempts then normal and longer then it should have because the tanks were getting 1 shot more then normal, and because the little adds seemed to have minds of their own at times which has never been an issue before. There were a few various other "problems" that arose but in the end we really couldnt figure out if anything was truly wrong or bugged, or if it was just a higher RNG factor, and we simply needed to adjust to the changes.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 09-22-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Soulwalker

OP; Those are actually issues we saw awhile back (in test on the former, early HK on live for the latter), but both were fixed for awhile now and we didn't have those issues last night when we one-shot her.

No Exit; Partly just rng. We usually have more problems than we did last night regarding tank health spikes. With the stacks sped up, however, I did notice some of our healers (myself included) who were a bit 'off' on their timing for heals compared to normal to deal with the spikes.

Rift Disciple

One strange issue my guild had when it was reflecting was - if a tank resisted the blast it would not put the increased damage on Matron. We ended up dropping reflective command simply because if the blast was resisted... then if ichor was immediately cast after, it would be reflected and ended up healing the boss, wasn't worth the risk.

Try dropping reflect completely and going at her, it simplifies the strat, and if you need to, just push the stacks 1-3 higher (use max HP banners to help the melee and tanks). Also, we have really good cleric healers, which helps as well. Though last night myself and the other tank did get 1 shot a couple times from double taps, could just be bad RNG. We didn't get knocked back either, so I can't speak regarding the shadow barrage, sorry.
    Last edited by Loit; 09-22-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    GM Rift Vendetta -- WarriorTank
    4/4 Dragons Bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Loit View Post
    One strange issue my guild had when it was reflecting was - if a tank resisted the blast it would not put the increased damage on Matron. We ended up dropping reflective command simply because if the blast was resisted... then if ichor was immediately cast after, it would be reflected and ended up healing the boss, wasn't worth the risk.

Try dropping reflect completely and going at her, it simplifies the strat, and if you need to, just push the stacks 1-3 higher (use max HP banners to help the melee and tanks). Also, we have really good cleric healers, which helps as well. Though last night myself and the other tank did get 1 shot a couple times from double taps, could just be bad RNG. We didn't get knocked back either, so I can't speak regarding the shadow barrage, sorry.

We noticed the resist issue as well last week. Tbh that should be reported as a bug, reflects should come before resist checks.

Though I am a bit skeptical about stacks building faster, I might have to redo my tanking spec for the upstairs adds so I can kill them in time from now on. As it is I barely have time to kill the last add to use a book just before Ichor starts (or I will simply go down to only using 2 books at 60/30%).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Ascendant

It was definitely a little tougher this week for us, we ended the fight at higher stacks than normal but still ended up 1 shotting her so obviously wasn't THAT much more difficult. The resist thing on reflects has always been there, isn't something new...you don't have to stop reflecting just click it off if a stack doesn't get added on blast.

Champion of Telara

Had odd troubles on Dollinar last night. Seems like the damage from the mechanics is higher across the board. Don't recall reading that in the notes, but I could be wrong.

We've had the problem of stacks randomly falling off after a reflect since our first kill on Matron. Which was 2 and a half weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmatrix View Post
    Sounds like someone woke up and spilled a cup full of drama all over themselves.

Rift Master

The issues that were created with this patch were the reflects debuffs not working, they didn't work for 3 straight and then suddenly decided to start working again.
    Last edited by Kublakan; 09-22-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Loit View Post

Simple dude.

cancelbuff reflective command

tanks smash it when they see Ichor, done.

However last night our tanks were getting wafflestomped, hard.

2 Puris and and 2 seperately sythened chloros, and they still got smacked stupidly hard.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Ascendant

nothing different for us on the fight except that the stacks rose significantly faster. that may explain why ur tanks were getting hit a lot harder because the stacks were rising much quicker. the 3rd click has to be done much faster.

reflect wise, nothing changed. It has ALWAYS been the case that matron inherts the tanks resists, so there is a chance she resists hideous blast which means u will NOT receive a stack. Also if you see your stacks going away, that means someone reflected ichor.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    We noticed the resist issue as well last week. Tbh that should be reported as a bug, reflects should come before resist checks.
    Reflect checks do come before resistance. In both your cases it's far more likely the person who was supposed to reflect that hideous blast missed their timing and instead waited to apply it after hideous got cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Reflect checks do come before resistance. In both your cases it's far more likely the person who was supposed to reflect that hideous blast missed their timing and instead waited to apply it after hideous got cast.
    No, what happens is sometimes when reflected (based on replies on this thread it seems like resists checks are happening before reflects, but I'm not certain and have no knowledge on this subject) the stack will go up by 1, and within 0.1 of a second of being reflected the stack will go back down to what it was initially. There is no room for what you said to happen, because it happens 0.1 seconds after being reflected.
    Last edited by Jelleh; 09-22-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmatrix View Post
    Sounds like someone woke up and spilled a cup full of drama all over themselves.

Soulwalker

We had more issues with this fight than we did last week, and while it was still a 1shot, it was a lot uglier than anyone would have wanted. We used three tomes, at 70%, 40%, and 20%, and basically, with the stacks going up faster and her health going down quicker, cooldowns for the tanks weren't back up for the third tome click. The adds came out and, to use the phrase someone said earlier, 'wafflestomped' our tank. Other than that, healing did not seem more difficult (still used 2 healers), adds were not acting up or attacking random targets, etc. The only difference in the fight seemed to be having to adjust to things happening quicker, and whatever that might mean for cooldowns being used, both DPS and Healing.

The point that a previous poster makes about canceling the reflective command buff is a good one. It's an elegant solution to a problem that no one should really have anymore anyway. With her lower health, reflects aren't really necessary anymore, even for raids that don't have that high dps. You don't even need to watch to see if she got a reflect stack or not. Just tap your canceling macro when you see Revolting Ichor being casted, wether its there or not, you'll be safe.

Some people have mentioned adds attacking random targets before. It was posted in a previous post but bares repeating. Threat and aggro are two very different things. You can have higher threat than a tank, without stealing aggro. It's only when you reach a certain percentage (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 110% for Rift), of threat, that you actually pull aggro. What this means is that if a Tank taunts, he receives the threat of the highest threat target at the time. Then he begins to build threat. If the previous tank or target is still generating threat, and after the three seconds of guaranteed aggro, goes above that 110% mark, he will pull aggro back. If he keeps generating threat, but doesn't go over 110%, he will not pull aggro, WHILE STILL HAVING HIGHER THREAT. Now, when the adds come out, they aggro to the person with the highest THREAT on the boss. This means that they can go after the previous tank, or a dps, even if that person doesn't currently have aggro on the boss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast