+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HK Trash Crit Modifiers

Rift Master

Default HK Trash Crit Modifiers

Hey guys and gals.

So here is another HK thread, on the topic of TRASH crit modifiers. I think this needs to be addressed by trion. The crits from sometimes, completely unavoidable damage is just 1shotting people.

Biggest culprits:
    Terror bombardment
    Dark Rapture
    Devouring Shadows

Even if you sometimes can interrupt or stop some spells, it only takes one tick for a crit to roflbam you (e.g. terror bombardment 0.5s active, does one tick, sergants order. Critted 3 people inside the circle, they're dead)

But this problem isn't just inside HK, The earth raid rift where the guy throws earth crystals at you, I've been the victim of many insta kills by the 4insta-shot crit.

You get the gist of what my thread is about, remedy for this would be either to lower crit modifiers for people that are not flagged as the tank icon in raids, or you could simply disallow trash crits on anyone who isn't a tank.

I felt so trolled by crits last night to the point I put on my full tanking set to DPS in until we got to the next boss.

You can avoid all theese with 2 things:

Sargent Pull
    Interrupt

Just mark the mob, assign Interrupters, and you will have 0 deaths. (hopefully)

But ye, these abilities shouldn't crit.
    AFK.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    You can avoid all theese with 2 things:

Sargent Pull
    Interrupt

Just mark the mob, assign Interrupters, and you will have 0 deaths. (hopefully)

But ye, these abilities shouldn't crit.
    Even if you sergants as seen as you see bombardment cast, it will still get off one tick. If thats a crit, you're dead. Yeah you may well interrupt dev shadows, but man... it's trash, this is the time guilds have a laugh over voice comms and just talk random crap, not serious-sam mode until bosses.

Even if you played trash seriously with 100% focus, no doubt somewhere down the line there will be human error. Dev shadows casts on melee. Crits them all, bam. I'm glad you agree on the crit modifiers, just explaining my reasoning behind why I made a thread.

oooor chain transmogrify the deadly ones.
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

Rift Disciple

What is the gimmick with Dark Rapture btw?

Its pretty much insta death for any non-tank, its not interruptable nor can the Sorcerer's be moved (least the Rift Summon from VK). Does Sgt's Order still work on them ? And they cannot be CC'd.

Devouring Shadows can be interrupted, and chain cast fear/sheep on the rangers till they're dead.
    GM Rift Vendetta -- WarriorTank
    4/4 Dragons Bound
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

Dark Rapture can be interrupted with Sergeant's Order or Arresting Presence.

Those trash packs leading up to Zilas are just stupid... we wipe a couple times each night on that stuff. We've had the most luck using 3 dominators and having them cycle Arresting Presence throughout the pull.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Sword of Telara

I don't want to say you're completely wrong, but you are.

Ranger/Lost Soldiers can be chain sheeped non stop. You should have doms in your party for most of the boss fights anyway.

The skeletons, we just run pyro/doms normally so, just heat wave --> 100 charge and arresting pressence. Then 2nd mage put it up when the first drops. Nothing will cast at all. You can also sheep the middle skeleton that provides the magic resistance debuff which is what you think is a devouring crit. Without that devouring hits for about 800-1200 but you're stuck in it. So unless their crit modifier is x 10 (which it isn't) you shouldn't be dying.

Plane Touched

Dark rapture only hits hard when people are close to the defender (shield using skeleton). You are supposed to have a tank pull that away or he increases magic damage taken by everyone near him.

Champion of Telara

1. As stated, L2sheep.

2. Agree though, crit damage bonus scales "stupidly" because of the way Toughness works, and the way non-tanks have 0 Toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    I don't want to say you're completely wrong, but you are.

Ranger/Lost Soldiers can be chain sheeped non stop. You should have doms in your party for most of the boss fights anyway.

The skeletons, we just run pyro/doms normally so, just heat wave --> 100 charge and arresting pressence. Then 2nd mage put it up when the first drops. Nothing will cast at all. You can also sheep the middle skeleton that provides the magic resistance debuff which is what you think is a devouring crit. Without that devouring hits for about 800-1200 but you're stuck in it. So unless their crit modifier is x 10 (which it isn't) you shouldn't be dying.
    Pretty sure the modifier is x4. But still that wouldn't one-shot.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    Pretty sure the modifier is x4. But still that wouldn't one-shot.
    Sounds like trion should've nerfed the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    Sounds like trion should've nerfed the trash.
    Or have little ghost sheep near the trash pulls so people could figure it out the way it is. CC on harder trash was some of the best times had playing WOW before the game was stupid-mode easy.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Citnes View Post
    oooor chain transmogrify the deadly ones.
    Yupppp. Transmog and kill 1 at a time, kursplat.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxt View Post
    Hey guys and gals.

So here is another HK thread, on the topic of TRASH crit modifiers. I think this needs to be addressed by trion. The crits from sometimes, completely unavoidable damage is just 1shotting people.

Biggest culprits:
    Terror bombardment
    Dark Rapture
    Devouring Shadows

Even if you sometimes can interrupt or stop some spells, it only takes one tick for a crit to roflbam you (e.g. terror bombardment 0.5s active, does one tick, sergants order. Critted 3 people inside the circle, they're dead)

But this problem isn't just inside HK, The earth raid rift where the guy throws earth crystals at you, I've been the victim of many insta kills by the 4insta-shot crit.

You get the gist of what my thread is about, remedy for this would be either to lower crit modifiers for people that are not flagged as the tank icon in raids, or you could simply disallow trash crits on anyone who isn't a tank.

I felt so trolled by crits last night to the point I put on my full tanking set to DPS in until we got to the next boss.
    As others have stated, there are several ways to go about these, be it interrupt/sergeant's order/transmogrify.

I've never seen terror bombardment "1-shot" anyone. The first tick takes a fair chunk of health down, but even if you let the entire cast go off it can be healed through with DoL spam/Healing communion, etc.

Rift Master

I don't understand why you're trying to explain something to me that I already know, Yes you can interrupt or cc some mobs, or use sergants order to drag a mob to you.

But you try to get X amount of people to handle the trash perfectly, it just doesn't happen. You can turn around and say "well, crap guild; l2p" but I'm sure your raids aren't so silk smooth that won't get someone breaking the CC or failing to get an interrupt etc. Not to mention the fact all the slows in trash mobs and some of them death grip you as well, thus if you're an interrupter, you cannot get back to your target.

I get that you can do things in order to avoid stuff, but it's trash and people don't take it seriously or plan trash strat out like a boss. Regardless, failing to get an interrupt or use a death grip shouldn't lead to an insta-death by crit to X amount of raid members. It's trash packs for crying out loud. I'm not sure what the X amount is, but 200 toughness is 400% or something? Don't quote me on that though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast