+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some advice appreciated .

Soulwalker

Default Some advice appreciated .

Is there any reason to take more than 1 rogue on a raid?

I do currently have a rogue but thats kind of been retired to a crafting alt not because of its playstyle or anything but just prefered the warrior .

Currently doing Hammerknell 3/10 so far but just started recently and still trying to find an optimal group setup .Currently the rogue attendance is 4 and this is fine but its mostly because of the buffs they bring and we need the ranged on Murdantix more than anything ,and im trying to figure out what the benifit would be of increasing the amount of rogues .

I figured once past murdantix 9 warriors, 1 of which is a beastmaster for companions rage ,5 mages and 5 Clerics and 1 rogue with 51 Bard 6 bladedancer 9 Assassin and keep the rogue in melle would be best assuming lethal poison could be kept on .We do have a lot of warriors in the guild more due to having a lot rerolls just because of the itemisation .Is there anything further in that a rogues versatilty is usful?Switching to range ,Stuns ,Riftstalkers etc

Any other raids or raid leaders go along with this ? Happily open to suggestions .

Rift Disciple

You have 9 HK ready warriors?

Shadowlander

Might need some rogues for later on to incriminate in case ur tanks are slacking hehe. 3-4 would be best ATLEAST of every class for HK if u have some bosses on farm so the loot doesn't get wasted.

Ascendant

There are a few reason to take rogues, I have listed them below:

1. Bard.
    2. Incriminate
    3. So you don't waste loot.
    4. If you dont have enough warriors.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the replys

@nhdjoseywales Yea..It actually takes no time to get a warrior HK ready at least DPS wise .We have GP DH,RoS and GSB on farm and takes no time runing a new DPS warrior through and gearing them up with drops ,They get all the Dps leather, plate weapons etc and once they have a decent sigil and are runed up and around 300 hit they are pretty much good to go for HK .Only things we dont have much luck in is relic drops .Damn mage staffs .Might change in 1.5 but i think that remains to be seen .

@Paikis Cheers for the incriminate tip but honestly our tanks just dont have any problem with threat even at the start of the fight .Sounds like a good abilty but not needed in our raid it seems .Most of the warriors have the sense to wait a second or two (Which is really all it takes to nail threat down completly)and are then free to open up .Threat just doesnt seem to be an issue .

As to the wasting loot is there somthing in 1.5 that stops warriors from using leather or restricts them in some way ?Ive seen the synergy crystals but these are from items purchased with marks .

Again thanks for the replys

we normally bring 5-5-5-5 across the board, sometimes its 4clerics and 6 warriors though but we havent had any issue with rogues dmg.

When we first progressed HK though we only had 3 clerics total
    Last edited by Quietmode; 09-22-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Cleric Tank

+ Reply to Thread