+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Murdantix adds

Plane Touched

Default Murdantix adds

Hi guys. our guild just stepped into our first HK raid yesterday. We did pretty good, we can pretty much get him to 25% consistently....then imps happen.

Of course, we have read guides that say just ignore them, they dont hit for much, the healers will get aggro and just have to heal through them.....but by 11-12%, all our healers are dead, theres 10 adds on each of them, hitting for 400-500 each...thats one dead healer...

any suggestions?

Plane Touched

its simple: more dps

many raids have too much heal and too less dps. the faster u kill murd, the easier he gets. once he has 40+ stacks ppl start to drop, no matter how many healers u got, so try to kill him faster. we do him with 2 MT healers and 2-3 sup healers who still dish out some dps. u really shouldnt waste more slots for healing.

once adds spawn everyone should use their CDs, like this the last 25% should go pretty fast.

edit: and well, noone should die b4 he reaches 30-40%. because he gets stacks for each kill. if ppl fail and die too early things get pretty tough
    Last edited by Mathom; 09-21-2011 at 02:19 AM.

lgw

Use a Cleric to tank them.
    Either have him to regular AOE healing / DPSing until 25% hits, to make the way there easier, and then switch stance...
    Or simply use a Cleric as one of your two MTs. Ours does it with ease, while dishing out massive 900 HPS on top - zero deaths, zero problems...
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Rift Disciple

If you dont have a cleric tank alternatively whichever tank isnt currently tanking Murdantrix (waiting for debuff to fade) can run to a nearby healer who has alot of adds on him and pick them up to relieve the pressure

After that its basically more dps, keep everyone or as many people as you can alive for as long as possible and just finish him off, the adds act as a sort of "burn phase" because you dont want to be dealing with them and murdantrix for an extended amount of time
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

Banned

You cant damage those adds therefore nothing but a cleric tank has any good chance at picking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxplay View Post
    If you dont have a cleric tank alternatively whichever tank isnt currently tanking Murdantrix (waiting for debuff to fade) can run to a nearby healer who has alot of adds on him and pick them up to relieve the pressure

After that its basically more dps, keep everyone or as many people as you can alive for as long as possible and just finish him off, the adds act as a sort of "burn phase" because you dont want to be dealing with them and murdantrix for an extended amount of time
    This. The faster you can dps the better off you are, but in the end it just comes down to powering through it. You can have either one of the tanks grab some of the adds to relieve the heals, or 1 of the aoe healing clerics gear slighty towards survival and then switch from Honor to Leadership and try and gather adds and hold them as long as possible while the raid takes Murdantix out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    You cant damage those adds therefore nothing but a cleric tank has any good chance at picking them up.
    I'm not sure how Dmg based threat works against immune mobs, but i do know that SO+battlefield awareness will aggro the skeletons as well. Usually once they aggro me in melee range from healing aggro, a number of them end up on the warrior
    Last edited by Quietmode; 09-21-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Cleric Tank

Rift Chaser

We use a cleric with a justicar hybrid spec to switch to mein of leadership and tank them.

By no means the easiest or best way to do it, but it has worked for us.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Ascendant

I find the senticar build works really well.. (as I usually end up taking hits from about 1/2 the adds from the final 25%) Its a spam fest but it works..

Basically lots of spell power * a 20% dodge/parry rate really lower the amount of damage you take and a 5% reduction in damage taken from DOL every AOE. But the last 25% is pretty mana intensive.. just concentrate on building up convictions and spamming raid heals pretty often & you should be able to keep most of your dps as well as the dedicated tank and the spot healers alive..

We usually have me as a senticar and another aoe healing in an inquisitor/justicar spec with the ranged to even out the healing between melee/ranged..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    This is wrong. I'm a warrior tank and I've never had any problem picking them up.
    Last edited by Prokofiova; 09-21-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatybetty View Post
    Hi guys. our guild just stepped into our first HK raid yesterday. We did pretty good, we can pretty much get him to 25% consistently....then imps happen.

Of course, we have read guides that say just ignore them, they dont hit for much, the healers will get aggro and just have to heal through them.....but by 11-12%, all our healers are dead, theres 10 adds on each of them, hitting for 400-500 each...thats one dead healer...

any suggestions?
    We have a cleric tank on Murdy, that draws agro from most of the imps and he tanks them as well as murdy.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

My guild uses warrior+cleric as the two tanks... we both end up with 10-15 adds on us by the end of the fight. Healing aggro pulls them from across the room onto the cleric and then Spotter's Order will eventually drag them to me.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Soulwalker

Our guild is pretty funny on this fight...
    They ask a warrior dps run to stair after murd down to 30% and switch to tank spec back to tank adds
    And our raid dps only have 16k.
    Is it legit kill or another abuse like people dying and run back kill boss?

We just place our chloros in melee and they get aggro pretty much instantly, and you just want your tanks to AoE threat them to them (and when they switch tanking Murdantix, make them use AoE taunts to get even more).

Going even deeper, when the first pack of imps spawn, the tank NOT tanking the boss runs out and AoE taunts and attacks them imps AFTER a Demonic Blast, and then he just runs back in, and we have all the imps.

Its a bit tricky, but once you got it, its piss easy.

Good luck! .
    Currently not raiding.
    5/5 FT, 5/5 EE.

+ Reply to Thread