+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Akylios and the top guilds.

Default Akylios and the top guilds.

So I'm sure hes a boss, but whats going on. There has been no patch I can remember in wow that a boss took this long for at least 1 guild to down? Is he not doable? Whats going on. Can he be that hard? I would enjoy some enlightenment from some of the top guilds on this subject, because although my guilds not there (we should be soon), I don't see us even scratching the surface if you've been doing him for 3-4 weeks already with the progress you have. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys (Maxi / Addiction / Voodoo / Special Olympics) are quite progressed and close to kills, I am simply curious.

Plane Touched

Well all I can really comment on are the first 2 phases, but if these 2 phases were individual boss fights they would both be the hardest in the instance pretty easily. I can only imagine the later phases are even more difficult especially at the end of a 30 minute encounter.
    Last edited by Unicornpower; 09-20-2011 at 11:10 PM.

He was mathematically impossible until a week ago. That being said he is killable in his current form. All I will(can) say.

You really don't remember a boss taking this long in WoW. Did you play Vanilla? ;)
    Last edited by Enokarda; 09-20-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Art is meant to upset people, science reassures them.
    ~Georges Braque

Prophet of Telara

Seems for the first time Trion have designed a fight that's actually HARD, hope that's a sign of things to come .. but think it more likely they'll nerf it even sooner than they nerfed earlier bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by SrFamine View Post
    So I'm sure hes a boss, but whats going on. There has been no patch I can remember in wow that a boss took this long for at least 1 guild to down? Is he not doable? Whats going on. Can he be that hard? I would enjoy some enlightenment from some of the top guilds on this subject, because although my guilds not there (we should be soon), I don't see us even scratching the surface if you've been doing him for 3-4 weeks already with the progress you have. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys (Maxi / Addiction / Voodoo / Special Olympics) are quite progressed and close to kills, I am simply curious.
    theres a bug stat rears his ugly head around phase 3 it can cause some disconnects/unfortunate deaths proceding its arrival and continues through phase 4.

also some people overstack healers to learn the encounter, and fail at pushing phase 1-2 fast enough thus hit enrage timer. "was imposibly tight before hence it got lengthened by 5mins"
    Were on Track with dps, hitting phase 4 about 12.5minutes in now meaning we should have sufficinet time to do said phase..

however phase 4 is a cluster**** of abilities. dodging them all for about 5mins takes some mad skills.

i've had some pretty high end kills in WOW... but so far this stuffs on par with yogg0 if not above
    Last edited by TyrLith; 09-20-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Although instances took this long to beat, the majority of the end bosses didnt take the top wow guilds 4+ weeks to get. World first would be usually 2-3 with some sprinkling in afterwards. As far as vanilla, I did, but from what I could tell (bliz may have just been ******ed), their gating was making the bosses legitimately unkillable. Rag, Nef / Cthun were all that way at the start, but again, back then, although I followed some of the guilds, I didn't follow how long it actually took for Nihilum or DnT to kill said bosses. If I'm wrong about that, then damn.

Basically what everyone else has said. He's simply very difficult and very long, the combination of which has been a wall. All I have to say to the guilds that couldn't manage pre-nerf fights like Grug and K/P: Good luck.

Plane Walker

Pretty much what happened was guilds spent the first week learning P1-3. After that one guild hit an impossible enrage timer early into Thursday night which wasn't patched in until the next Thursday. Bugs said guilds didn't see the first two weeks are now appearing this week. He can be killed in his current form but spending a lot of time just to hit a bug and/or wipe due to graphical issues is pretty bleh (trying to see a blue thing inside of another blue thing in a blue room is pretty lol). Sooooooo now we're hoping graphical issues are fixed at the very least after maintenance.
    Last edited by Value; 09-20-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Value View Post
    Pretty much what happened was guilds spent the first week learning P1-3. After that one guild hit an impossible enrage timer early into Thursday night which wasn't patched in until the next Thursday. Bugs said guilds didn't see the first two weeks are now appearing this week. He can be killed in his current form but spending a lot of time just to hit a bug and/or wipe due to graphical issues is pretty bleh (trying to see a blue thing inside of another blue thing in a blue room is pretty lol). Sooooooo now we're hoping graphical issues are fixed at the very least after maintenance.
    speaking of bugs, seen his hit/toughness debuff despawn mid combat yet ?
    Last edited by TyrLith; 09-21-2011 at 12:31 AM.

I'm quite sure we can expect a kill from one of the top 4 guild this lockout, if the graphics problem will be fixed.
    Last edited by gawrysek; 09-21-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Greenscale 5/5 (Conqueror), River of Souls 5/5 (Conqueror), Hammerknell 11/11.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by gawrysek View Post
    I'm quite sure we can expect a kill from one of the top 4 guild this lockout, if the graphics problem will be fixed.
    I think he will go down right before 1.5 hits or just after. Several guilds are fairly close from what I hear. I am absolutely dying to see a video of this fight. It sounds friggin insane.

Oh and to the OP, pretty sure Original Naxx (40) took a long long time before it was done. But I may be wrong. Earlier WoW raids were designed more like Akylios in terms of pretty much requiring you to have farmed a moderate amount of gear from the instance to even kill him. I don't know why WoW got away from that personally....

The guilds working on Akylios deserve a cake or at the very least some sort of cookie for banging face against such a long encounter for the amount of time that they have. Major props to all of you curerntly working on him.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 09-21-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Disciple

Default Hmmm....

I could be wrong, but I swear it took Death and Taxes a good month or two just to down The Four Horsemen, and they weren't even the ending boss (Kel'Thuzad). /:
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

Ouro - 87 days from the Twin Emperors' death.
    C'thun - 86 days from the Twin Emperors' death.

Ouro was only that long because he was optional and the worlds best guilds at the time wanted C'thun first.

I don't think anyone can really compare then and now though. The hardcore raiding of 5 years ago can't hold a candle to the hardcore raiding of today.

It's also worth mentioning that C'thun back then was so buggy it wasn't even remotely possible regardless of how good your raid was and it stayed like that for weeks.
    Last edited by Malkieri; 09-21-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Plane Walker

Four Horseman was not so much hard as having silly tank requirements. Cockblocks like this are quite normal and devs have various tricks they can use. Another trick is requiring a very lucky RNG (Vael) or having to fully gear up in the same instance (Naxx) You have oversized instances (AQ40) and long GY runs (BWL/MC)

For this Boss Trion bugged it. That's simply another way of giving a cockblock. It happens too often on end raid bosses not to be intended. None of these are anything to do with the skill of the raiders which I'm sure are very high.
    Last edited by Zartanic; 09-21-2011 at 02:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast