+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By strykur
  • 1 Post By Gyle

Thread: Make T1s into MM not T2s

Telaran

Default Make T1s into MM not T2s

Maybe someone will read this maybe not. I dunno how you other rifters feel but i have run DD and DSM to death and back several times. I dont want to run these anymore. On the other had I haven't run IT, RoTF, KB or any other T1 in months.

With the 1.4 crafted gear no one need to go into t1s anymore, even if they should to learn there class. I have had several healers in random T2s say something int he effect of new to 50 pls bare with my healing. I asked a few why they started in T2s and they said something to the effect to T1 ques were to long and or no one runs T1s so why should they.

Now making current T1s the fodder for MMs isnt really gonna fix these groups, I personally just drop them and do housework during the deserter timer. What it will do is let us run some of the most fun encounters in rift again. I know i loved the "spike" boss in KB and expert IT was a lot of fun at first too.

Please Trion if ur gonna use current experts for fodder for what is basically t3 experts then at least use the experts that people haven't run 50 times this month.

I agree whole heartedly. They're trying to get you to run more T1s by making the plaque armor required just like PvP but there's still little reason to visit a T1. You can bypass them easily as a fresh 50 so converting them to MM would give me a reason to go back.

Banned

I agree as well. We had someone in the guild recently pop to 50 and we just gather up peoples stuff they had lying around and get them to the T2 queue cut off. At that point we can just random in to the T2 queue with that person and one fairly well geared and the run usually goes pretty smooth. Other than just saying that you've done them or the achieves the T1 content is a little moot at this point. The T1's should be the first to see master modes.

They will add T1 dungeons to the MM repertoire. DD and DSM are just some of the dungeons with some of the more interesting, and dare I say annoying, encounters in the game. I think they went with those 2 because while people spend hours upon hours farming those long dungeons they can have time to work on other dungeons. If they made IT Master Mode people would be bored in a week because that dungeon is incredibly short and has no extra room for another encounter or two. On the other hand, DD had that one extra room for a boss, making it a quick boss before another two quick ones. Also, DSM, while not having an extra boss on MM(which is strange, given all the extra room on the bottom floor NO ONE EVER VISITS), is challenging enough at the off-set that will provide even raid-ready 5man groups a decent challenge.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Also, DSM, while not having an extra boss on MM(which is strange, given all the extra room on the bottom floor NO ONE EVER VISITS)
    Agreed.

It's a complete pipe-dream, but it would have been nice if all of the dungeons had T1, T2, and MM/T3 modes. The boss itemization would be a nightmare, but the randomness of the daily content would be increased.

(but we're on Deepwood now!)

Shadowlander

Well you don't have to run it you still have two 20 mans and 10 mans. Its just an extra option to speed up progression and is good for casuals who can't run or complete the major raids.

I hate KB and ROTF with a passion thats with barely running them so I am glad they aren't master modes.
    I think I would rather see a new five man created for MM just to vary it.

Shadowlander

Can you do these MM's every day?

Hopefully the itemization is fairly good but don't like the idea of grinding DD mast mode with five people over and over to get a best in a slot.

Sword of Telara

this is a great idea. i have two 50's and have never run xROTF past first boss for quest, and never set foot into xFC, xLH or xKB.

I have however run xDD and xDSM so many times that I hate them. +1 to OP
    Last edited by Corebot; 09-21-2011 at 05:01 AM.

More or less /signed.

I liked Iron Tombs and Realm of the Fae quite a bit, shame to be going back into DSM and DD for the umpteenth bajillion times.

Using MM's to get some mileage out of the unplayed content would be a good way to get more variety into the dungeon crawling environment.
    Ryahl MacBannon
    Calling: Warrior
    Side: Guardian Server: Greybriar
    Guild : Ohana
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Telaran

Yeah I hope the next round of MMs for 1.6 includes some T1 favs, and I dont think IT is too short. Oh the trick they could play with us down int he ghost chamber, lol. My picks from T1 would have to be KB and FC for sure maybe LH, I think with 3 50s i have run LH in any form less then 5 times.

Or, you know, they could make some new dungeons. I think that would be cooler. But if they are going to convert old ones into MMs, I'd rather them be T1s, since they don't get played enough.

I really want to know what's behind that gold door in KB.
    Last edited by Gyle; 09-26-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Ago
    Soulwalker

I would love to see a master mode addition to every dungeon, not just T1 or T2 tbh.

I do take some issue with the whole skipping T1s to go right into T2s thing. A freahly minted 50 tank, with no other characters isn't going to be able to afford the 250p or so it costs to have all his crafted gear made. Nor will any fresh minted 50 with no other chars tbh.

And as a tank that pugs the T2s every night to gear up, I can tell you nothing annoys me more at this point, then characters just barely meeting the absolute min to get into them. I can't count the amount of 250 DPS characters, and 100 hps healers I've had to deal with. And god forbid you explain that a group wide DPS of 550 isn't going to pass the DPS checks.

I can only imagine, te stories of horrid ungeared tanks attempting this, which I thankfully don't have tp experience.

So yeah, gear up some out of T1s, learn to function as part of a group there too, learn some basic mechanics there.

The Konstantin fight on Master Mode would kick *** in my opinion. The golden door behind him leads to the Vault of Secrecy, but you never actually get to go in it, you just use a key and a death idol spawns, so they could add more to that... like a vision of Regulos, a sort of mini-dragon encounter similar to Scarn, except with spikes this time!

Would love to see King's Breach again though, best instance in the game.
    Last edited by Kudaran; 09-26-2011 at 01:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread