+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rune King Molinar and Prince Dollen

Shadowlander

Default Rune King Molinar and Prince Dollen

Question about this fight, although the mechanics are fairly straightforward i have a question being the mage that tanks Prince Dollen.

I have 8.3k health and 200+ death resist (raid buffed+pot+runes+sigil) However it does not seem that death resist does any type of mitigation to the damage the prince dollen does with his Rend life.

Literally was getting hit for 3,650-3,850 regardless of how much resistance i put on my gear, and going from 140 death resist to 200+ did not move the amount of damage in the least. I am wondering if this is just a "set" mechanic damage that the prince deals or should i try stacking death resistance even further.

Being 200+ is nearly a 25% resistance and should be noticable but it is not. I do have logs of the damage he did and its so even across the boards that i think its part of this fight that cannot be changed.

If this is the case cool, i just need to know if stacking death resistance was even worth my time.

But i do have to say the thought of using a mage tank is awesome

Also at what point does endurance stacking for this fight need to be at? 8.3k health for a mage is pretty good but i have heard rumors of mages breaking 10k. I dont see how this is possible with the need for dominator in the tree. (to reflect terminate life) and the 9% damage reduction from elementalist

This is the Dungeon & Raid thread not the Mage Discussion

if you want HP
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dIhcA0zRo.xx0V

if you want utility + healing
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....EdIuqAIkRR.Vh

spec i use
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zsRz.RcVu.EdIuqAIkRR

Death Resist is a MUST, please tell me you're not solo healing yourself? You should have another healer on you. There is a definite damage decrease from maintaining high death resist.

Shadowlander

No of course not healing myself not that leet lol

No seriously, had a wardinal and a chloro healing me, but every hit is a set 3650-3850 with or without death resist

Tried it both ways last night.

Shadowlander

Have you fought him since the last patch? Not sure if that is what the problem is, since they did the tweaks to them.

I did parse to see how much damage exactly he was doing.

Next time we do the fight, which should be tonight, i will post the parse with and without death resist.

We've always had a 51chloro with 9ele/6dom tanking the prince. He doesnt stack any death resist except old event trinket and used his normal healing machine with 8k hp. Just plug one ST cleric on him and it was fine.

Cleric Tank

Shadowlander

I really appreciate the help on this, its one of those, you can watch the video's all you want, but experience is the biggest thing.

Im going to try the 51 chloro 8 ele 7 dom see how that works, might have to rebuild another sigil for it but thats fine. I wanna try to get this done before any serious nerfs to the dungeon happen (which seem almost inevitable just do to track records)

The only thing that im seriously having trouble understanding is why when i stacked DR last night it didnt reduce the damage at all. Could have swore on our first attempts it did and he was only hitting me for like 2.6-3k but now .... little different.

Btw to put a little more insight on my gear level, mabye that could be it too

Rune King Molinar and Prince Dollen-2011-09-20_110906.jpg

Qia

How do you people manage to have so little keybinds?
    Ip

Dont you have any better geared mages? Our mages all have ateast 200 more sp than you

Shadowlander

lol no, especially with clerics sniping every piece of mage gear that drops now. But thats another issue. Thats absolute base too, idk where they would add another 200 spellpower. And in the spec that ChinesePanda suggested.

Seriously the staff of the inevitable and the relic alsbeth wand went to a cleric..... BAH anyways...

Rank 8 pvp + hammerknell rings/weapons would be the 200 sp

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jimih1983 View Post
    No of course not healing myself not that leet lol

No seriously, had a wardinal and a chloro healing me, but every hit is a set 3650-3850 with or without death resist

Tried it both ways last night.
    3700 isn't that much, in all honesty. It's too much for a warden/sentinel to handle, yes, but it begs the question as to why the hell they are running warden/sentinel as a maintank healer. (this is not estrode lol)

Stick a puri/sent on you.
    Last edited by Ahov; 09-20-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Downed em last night with a mage who had like 7.3k health. Just stuck a 34/32 cleric on em, and had an extra chloro doing assist and raid healing.

Tbh the part that screwed us up was never the mage getting hit hard enough by prince to cause healing problems.... it was the RNG factor which could cause tough kiting + LoS issues for the mage tank and occasionally lead to bad timing deaths.

+ Reply to Thread