+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Having To Bid on DRR loot.

Soulwalker

Default Having To Bid on DRR loot.

Title says it all. This is a crock. People on Briarcliff run DRR's and run auctions and take bids on all the loot drops. The person with the Lure pockets all the plat. Regular players cannot compete with the gold farmers and gold buyers buying all the loot. The greed of people amaze me. I was on two other servers and thing's were not done this way. Next your gonna have people standing outside of dungeons wanting a cover charge.

So run your own DRR. Crazy, I know.

We do not... the general player base on Braircliff run Raid Rifts with 1 item on reserve.

Basically, whoever has the lure gets to reserve an item and everything else gets /rolled on.

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Ikagawa View Post
    So run your own DRR. Crazy, I know.
    shhhh, logic not allowed here
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Plane Touched

If you don't like it, start your own DRR. And if people didn't agree with the system, they could start their own. The QQ of people amazes me. If you can name one reason that this breaks the game, then I shall have a debate with you.

Until then

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    If you don't like it, start your own DRR. And if people didn't agree with the system, they could start their own. The QQ of people amazes me. If you can name one reason that this breaks the game, then I shall have a debate with you.

Until then

/thread
    Shh, he can't start his own, lets not drag logic into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwicked View Post
    Basically, whoever has the lure gets to reserve an item and everything else gets /rolled on.
    this is also how it works here on laethys. however, i sometimes run my own durr and dont invoke my right to keep a free item. i feel its not really fair considering how easy it is to get lures.

a GKP system also wouldnt work at such low quality loot either, me thinks. tell them theyre stupid for trying to get bids on drops and tell people going with them theyre stupid for paying into it.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 09-19-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Soulwalker

Just amazes me that select people think this is acceptable to broadcast like a crooked used car salesman. I made the post cause ive never seen in any mmo people try to charge money for drops in a raid everyone participated in. The reserve should be enough for the cost of a lure.

What I think is acceptable is that 1.) The person creating the group gets to set the loot rules, 2.) By joining and staying, you agree to their rules, and 3.) You always have the option of not participating.

What amazes me is that rather than growing a pair and dropping the group, or starting your own raid, you would rather come to the forum and whine about it to people that have absolutely no control over what happens on your server.

I would hope that you're at least cross posting this on your server forum. At least then it would make sense.
    Last edited by Ikagawa; 09-19-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Oh my gods! Guys! People are trying to make a profit, and have a business approach!

This is unacceptable, TRION FIX THIS NOWZ!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Paidkilla View Post
    Just amazes me that select people think this is acceptable to broadcast like a crooked used car salesman. I made the post cause ive never seen in any mmo people try to charge money for drops in a raid everyone participated in. The reserve should be enough for the cost of a lure.
    If you don't like it then don't go? No one is forcing you.

If you want to try to sell your 1975 Dodge Dart for $10 million, be my guest.

Ascendant

Right, whoever is doing this is simply not a competitive group leader.
    All it would take is for one regular leader to show up and take all their members away from them.

And yet none of you do it.
    This is why Briarcliff fails all around. First, the kinds of people who run rift auctions. Second, no one on that server with the caliber to easily render them impotent.

Quote Originally Posted by EranB View Post
    Oh my gods! Guys! People are trying to make a profit, and have a business approach!

well, the lure guy keeping all the profit to himself isnt really fair considering 20 people were there, not just him. in WoW, higher level guilds would run raid content they already had on farm using 15/20 spots with their guildies, and then running a DKP system in which the 5 people who came to bid on gear that drops, it goes into a gold pot, and the gold is divided evenly among everyone (even the 5 that came) at the end. this way, everyone wins.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 09-19-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by EranB View Post

Your words would only make sense in a normal economy. Gold sellers and buyers have destroyed the economy, where people think its the norm to charge 10 platinum for a lesser essence. which is absurd to anyone except the buyers and welfare/unemployed peeps that play 18 hours a day.

Tell me another mmo where people put up a auction when the loot chest dropped.

Shield of Telara

I've heard of this being done on my server too. I feel it's kinda BS to reserve loot just because you bought the lure. Planarite is easy to come by.

Now if you have 10+ guild members and you invite some extra puggers to fill it out, fine the loot is all yours. Just getting a couple of your buddies and starting one from 50 chat is a different story though.

If you really want to prevent this OP, start your own about an hour before they usually run theirs and tell everyone it's /random looting. Most people just run it once for the daily and won't bother again.

By the way was this the water one today you're talking about? No mirror drop for me. I've never even seen that pos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast