+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T1/T2 Plaque Value Change,

Default T1/T2 Plaque Value Change,

Need T1 armor to buy T2 armor. Basically Like the PvP armor where you need P2 to buy P4 ect.

Don't know if its cheaper but T1 Chests are 41 and T2 are 194. Sounds about right like on live?

Also T2 have synergy crystals.

Prophet of Telara

Dunno why they haven't done this yet, it makes soooo much more sense.

Its a wonderful change if it goes through. The overall cost is the same for a t2 piece. But it allows players to progressively upgrade as they do the t1/t2s. And more important it allows those at razor's edge for t2 entry a bit faster & more robust gear threshold.

For example, the guy who just got into t2s with 3 blue pieces, level 48 rings and Hood of the Flowing Dark can get some pieces a lot quicker and up his variability in t2s without needing to hoard 200 plaques for a t2 chest upgrade.

I would like to see more consistency like this for all raid and dungeon gearing in the future. Good move.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 09-17-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Need T1 armor to buy T2 armor. Basically Like the PvP armor where you need P2 to buy P4 ect.(sic)
    I'm not against this idea, but how would you resolve crafted armor? Or are you considering that T1 armor, in addition from what you buy with plaques?

Rift Disciple

The OP doesn't make it completely clear, but it's not just an idea - it's currently on PTS this way.

Makes it so it's not a waste to buy the T1 pieces, which is a great change. Currently most people just save up and buy the T2, since you can get plaques extremely quickly. This way it's the same amount of plaques spent to buy the T2 piece, you just also get the benefit of buying the T1 pieces first and then upgrading.

Great concept.

I didn't see the synergy crystals, but didn't have too much time to look this afternoon yet. I did note that there's set bonus indicators on the Raid T1 stuff too though, so that's a good sign.

As an aside, the only thing I don't like about the synergy crystal concept is it's impossible to have multiple set bonuses from different sets. can't have 2 piece t2 and 2 piece t3 active at the same time. Ah well, all good though, at least we're getting set bonuses finally for stuff other than just HK gear/PvP gear.
    Last edited by Ancallagon; 09-17-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Plane Touched

the price turns out to be the same. On Live the chest is 235 plaques, 194 + 41 = 235.

What I really wanna know is, WHAT ARE THE SYNERGY CRYSTALS LIKE!?

And here I was hoping they added something useful to buy with the 3000+ plaques I have.

One day...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    And here I was hoping they added something useful to buy with the 3000+ plaques I have.

One day...
    I reckon I've spent about 1K on Minor Catalysts for the AH, otherwise I've still got a few hundred lying around.
    I like the changes to the gear system by the way.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I reckon I've spent about 1K on Minor Catalysts for the AH, otherwise I've still got a few hundred lying around.
    I like the changes to the gear system by the way.
    I've purchased minor catalysts in bulk. Still have ~120 of them I can't get rid of or use up. Prices on those have crashed long ago anyway, they're like a plat a piece.

I was kinda hoping for something to do with the plaques or plaque gear. Can't even vendor or salvage it.

Minor Catalysts: I think every person in my guild single-handedly has enough of these to last the whole guild a lifetime.

I wish we could buy eternal planar dusts +/or whetstone/spellstone ingredients with them.

The synergy crystals didn't have any stats or effects on 'em yet on the PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Need T1 armor to buy T2 armor. Basically Like the PvP armor where you need P2 to buy P4 ect.

Don't know if its cheaper but T1 Chests are 41 and T2 are 194. Sounds about right like on live?

Also T2 have synergy crystals.
    Not a bad idea, but it really isn't hard to get plaques. You don't even need to buy the full set. Start doing T1s and getting drops, then fill in the rest with vendor gear. Then do T2s and do the same thing. Once you get into T1 Raids, you won't have any use for them except maybe to buy souls for Rifts. Now adays you can skip right past T1s/2s and immediately start raiding.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

They could just allow people to return their T1 expert gear in exchange for the plaques they used to buy it. And they could return their T2 expert gear (purchased with plaques) in exchange for the T1 raid plaques. Then people wouldn't be so afraid to spend the plaques on modest upgrades.

+ Reply to Thread