+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By blazin
  • 1 Post By Zoam
  • 2 Post By Raiga
  • 1 Post By Grailer

Thread: What's with dungeon groups these days?

Soulwalker

Default What's with dungeon groups these days?

I go to a dungeon and everyone starts running ahead while im getting the quests inside the dungeon. I have to beg the group to get each earth mound (for example) because I guess other group members have done them.

Why is it so hard for group members to say...who needs these quests?

Then all the members ignore you when you ask if you can kill a mob to complete the in dungeon quest. How hard is it to take a few seconds to ask if anyone needs anything while in there, or at least respond to a request sigh.
    Last edited by silentseas; 09-16-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Rift Master

MMO's are not what they used to be. It is not something that will get any better, our society is decomposing.
    Last edited by Goggley; 09-16-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Rift Disciple

I always tried to stop and help people who were questing in the dungeons as the tank since I could control the pace. I don't see what the big deal is with spending another 5 minutes to help someone out.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by silentseas View Post
    I go to a dungeon and everyone starts running ahead while im getting the quests inside the dungeon. I have to beg the group to get each earth mound (for example) because I guess other group members have done them.

Why is it so hard for group members to say...who needs these quests?

Then all the members ignore you when you ask if you can kill a mob to complete the in dungeon quest. How hard is it to take a few seconds to ask if anyone needs anything while in there, or at least respond to a request sigh.

Get a decent guild, only group with them.

Unfortunately the general consensus is now to run through a dungeon at full speed with no breaks, but there are still some of us who stick to old ways. I always ask before a dungeon "Do you need quests?" and "Who's never done this before?" and I try to keep a steady conversation going through out the entire dungeon.

If you really don't like how a dungeon is being run, there is no shame in leaving.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Shadowlander

Too many players are more concerned with speed runs and blowing through content, then complaining about there not being enough content, because they rushed through it.

i wont give a name (mainly cuz i dont remember it), but during my saga chain quest starting in AP, our tank and his buddy were being pretty arrogant. i was there with 2 guildies and i think 2 of us needed the quest. it probably takes 2 minutes in total to do the quest part. our tank ran ahead without the 3 of us and then kited a group back to us, and complained when we werent following him. his buddy said "just follow the f****** tank." we said we needed the quest, and the tank replied with "stop wasting my time, im not here for your f****** quest. do it on your own time." needless to say this led to some exchange of convo before the 3 of us booted him and his friend.

the next people we got were a lot more friendly and we all finished our quests. everyone's time would have been saved if he just did the quests. some people are just stupid though, and you cant fix that.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 09-16-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Plane Walker

I've been fairly lucky with this and had helpful pugs. The exception was the last couple of days but I got a pug willing to do the quest in the end. The Caldera one is especially unpopular as it is fiddly but I needed it for my focus staff which was the only reason I was there. I went 5 times before I got it. With queues of 2 hours that was a lot of play time.

I appreciate some players want to rush through fast for rep but really it only takes a minute or two and people that won't help just mark themselves out as selfish.

For those into the Lore or who hate being rushed you can go to the quest givers solo. You can take your time reading it then.
    Last edited by Zartanic; 09-17-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Shield of Telara

Well when I was tanking FC earlier on my warrior alt I was chain pulling because one healer had already left and our replacement healer was in a hurry before he had to go as well (why queue to start with?). I did go back and do the mounds when asked if I'm the guy that OP is talking about.
    Last edited by Afyael; 09-17-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Our society IS decomposing. LOL No, it really is. I agree with many others here. The primary interest in MMO's for way too many players isn't even to really have fun, it seems. It's just to get more stuff so they can be more l33ter than others. I'm not sure why they even play. Surely it isn't just so they can stand around in Meridian/Sanctum all afternoon or evening and tab around to see who's checking them out?

Plane Walker

Leroy Jenkin's

as tank i have been guilty of this, i just forget some people are new. don't be afraid to speak up if needed. it's usually not an issue for the group. they can't expect you to be there to help them and not help you in return.

on the "who's never done this before" i find it easier to say: only click "Ready" if you have done the encounter and know it. Then if someone clicks not ready i explain. saves a lot of typing/time wasting

"stop wasting my time, im not here for your f****** quest. do it on your own time." needless to say this led to some exchange of convo before the 3 of us booted him and his friend.
    sounds like they were queueing for a speed run achievement.. prob a better idea to do that with friends then random queueing...
    Last edited by Hodor; 09-19-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Waste of time to do the dungeon quests. Skip them and keep queuing, You outpace the XP gained from Dungeon Quests. Better to get chain queues/quests.

Save the quests and stuff for guild groups where you are all on the same page and there for that purpose.

+ Reply to Thread