+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Top/Most progressed Oceanic Guild?

Default Top/Most progressed Oceanic Guild?

We know Maximation is currently the top NA guild followed by a few others and Special Olympics is the top EU guild followed by a few others but what's the top/most progressed Oceanic guild in the game currently? Thanks~
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11

There is 3 guilds I know of who are 3/10.

Shield of Telara

I don't know what guilds are Oceanic but there's probably a guild on Laethys or something who's killed a bunch. The furthest I know of is HKDS and TKG who have murd/matron/zilas (and prime) down.

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    I don't know what guilds are Oceanic but there's probably a guild on Laethys or something who's killed a bunch. The furthest I know of is HKDS and TKG who have murd/matron/zilas (and prime) down.
    No one cares about Guardian scum.

For Defiant heroes though, we have TKG - Dayblind, Epoch - Dayblind/Afterlife - Laethys.

In that order for most progressed Oceanic Defiant guilds.
    Last edited by Taemek; 09-16-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Seriously, 4/11 is the best we have?
    Where is our Adept equivalent?
    They managed World 1sts and had double the latency Aussies get in Rift.
    That's disappointing, I guess I'll have to continue to be carried by US guilds then.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirsct View Post
    Seriously, 4/11 is the best we have?
    Where is our Adept equivalent?
    They managed World 1sts and had double the latency Aussies get in Rift.
    That's disappointing, I guess I'll have to continue to be carried by US guilds then.
    Glad you got the *be carried* part right.....

I'd love to see ANY US based guild try the things we do with the latency we have.

Oh how the rivers of tears would flow.

Shield of Telara

Apart from ping being a pretty hefty dps nerf I don't think it has that big an effect on raiding.

I've never heard of Adept whatever that is but personally I'm pretty happy with how we're doing given we only raid 3 nights a week and lost 2 weeks of HK raids due to attendance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    Apart from ping being a pretty hefty dps nerf I don't think it has that big an effect on raiding.

I've never heard of Adept whatever that is but personally I'm pretty happy with how we're doing given we only raid 3 nights a week and lost 2 weeks of HK raids due to attendance issues.
    Same here Sakk, we had a major turn over in people and had to do a major relic re-farm because of it. Put us literally 3 - 4 weeks behind where would like to be.

Who is Adept? Never heard of them ethier.
    Last edited by Taemek; 09-17-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Adept was (don't know if they still are) the top Australian guild in WoW during Wrath of the Lich King, they got several World firsts as well as US 1st Heroic 10man Lich King, my cousin played with them and he had 300-400ms.

Due to my RL schedule I've only been able to raid at US times but from what I've seen things like Soul Trauma could be a massive pain in the arse for interrupters. Makes me glad I'm a mage and my 250ms isn't hurting me as much as it would a warrior.
    Nope.

Adept was a high end, hardcore oceanic raiding guild in wow competing for world firsts during the previous expansion. They recently merged with their Oceanic archrivals (Tsunami) and created a new guild called Suit Up they still on the high end of the raiding spectrum. I understand the latency argument but it's not that big of a deal. I'm on your side of the world and I'm still topping dps charts, lolrogue tanking bosses/trash, and avoid cr@p on the ground/fight mechanics. Sometimes the latency frustrates me in pvp or cause I know I could be squeezing a lil more dps or but its not a big deal.

<- Aussie, still topping DPS charts.

Oceanic raiding guilds in RIFT suck. If you plan on raiding make sure it's not with them (and good luck getting past grug with 250 ping ahahhahaha)
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    (and good luck getting past grug with 250 ping ahahhahaha)
    Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

Plane Touched

Aftermath has always had 1 token australian mage. The week 1 quits we find a new one. Does that make us oceanic?

Telaran

My guild's currently on Zilas, but definitely going to pick up the pace with our MT, Archon and a potent Cleric returning from recent holidays.

I feel Sicaron will be a little difficult for a lot of Oceanic Guilds.

I think the Aussie community on Rift is probably too separated, no-one seems to have formed a real hardcore guild. A lot of our more dedicated and better players are playing with US guilds and the rest are spread between purely Oceanic guilds that are way behind the curve.

It might be worth readressing the issue once Hammerknell is on farm and we're waiting for the next tier of content, but I feel if you got the best 23-24 Australian players into a super guild it could be fairly competitive on a world scale. Obviously that would be very messy to do while everyone is busy with progression but once things quieten down it should be looked at.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast