+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Murdantix' Ferocious Pound be redunced to melee range only?

Rift Disciple

Default Can Murdantix' Ferocious Pound be redunced to melee range only?

This won't change the difficulty of the fight at all, but will be a huge quality of life improvement for casters.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg99 View Post
    This won't change the difficulty of the fight at all, but will be a huge quality of life improvement for casters.
    I like it the way it is. (coming from perspective of someone who's tanked the fight, DPSed it as melee, and tank healed at range.

Rift Chaser

Part of the challenge of the fight is knowing how to reposition after ferocious pound scatters you. It's a fairly key element. Removing that would make it really rather simple.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

That's the knockback move isn't it?.. how can that not be making it easier? It can quite easily knock a badly placed caster into tar and kill them...

Murdantix is easy as it is, doesn't need more nerfs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    That's the knockback move isn't it?.. how can that not be making it easier? It can quite easily knock a badly placed caster into tar and kill them...

I don't know, the vast number of players who cried when they fought Murdantix post-patch (because they were too bad to kill him when he was bugged-easy, or couldn't get enough online, whatever) about the number of tars dropping have been fairly silent recently. Remember all the people who posted screenshots of horribly-placed tars and complained the fight was impossible? That is, until they watched strategy videos of people doing it the correct way.
    Last edited by Ahov; 09-16-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I don't know, the vast number of players who cried when they fought Murdantix post-patch (because they were too bad to kill him when he was bugged-easy, or couldn't get enough online, whatever) about the number of tars dropping have been fairly silent recently. Remember all the people who posted screenshots of horribly-placed tars and complained the fight was impossible? That is, until they watched strategy videos of people doing it the correct way.
    Amount of tars have been nerfed if you mean the time when Murdantix was bugged and could not spawn any tars until 30% after which he spawned insane amount of them.
    Ip

Rift Chaser

For a lot of guilds, it was a time factor. A lot of the first Murd kills were 'Pull until he bugs in your favor', and this is a known fact. This is why they removed the faulty mechanic giving everyone a free kill for a week (I don't agree with this, but this is their logic).

A lot of pulls, he would simply do no tars until 25%, at which point all the "Tars that should have happened" would unleash upon the entire raid, resulting in 15+ tars dropped at the same exact second, and then proceeding to drop 5-10+ tars every 1 second everywhere in the room. It was a heavily bugged mechanic, and the "Solution" was to simply chain pull until Murdantix decided to not drop any tar at all, which gives an easymode free kill. For guilds with a limited raidtime, or attendance issues, this is a brick wall.

Not a skill wall, either.

The initial wave of guilds past Murd got quite a big gear jump on the rest of everyone else, what with dispellable Hosts on Matron, suiciding Zilases and perma-snared, a.i. broken Maguses, etcetc (the list goes vastly on, we've all seen the threads and talked to the people and seen the QQ posts).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Asono View Post
    For a lot of guilds, it was a time factor. A lot of the first Murd kills were 'Pull until he bugs in your favor', and this is a known fact. This is why they removed the faulty mechanic giving everyone a free kill for a week (I don't agree with this, but this is their logic).

A lot of pulls, he would simply do no tars until 25%, at which point all the "Tars that should have happened" would unleash upon the entire raid, resulting in 15+ tars dropped at the same exact second, and then proceeding to drop 5-10+ tars every 1 second everywhere in the room. It was a heavily bugged mechanic, and the "Solution" was to simply chain pull until Murdantix decided to not drop any tar at all, which gives an easymode free kill. For guilds with a limited raidtime, or attendance issues, this is a brick wall.

Not a skill wall, either.

The initial wave of guilds past Murd got quite a big gear jump on the rest of everyone else, what with dispellable Hosts on Matron, suiciding Zilases and perma-snared, a.i. broken Maguses, etcetc (the list goes vastly on, we've all seen the threads and talked to the people and seen the QQ posts).
    That's not what I experienced and not what I recall seeing on the forums. I remember seeing lots of qq posts about him dropping 3 tars at once (which is intended)

If he was dropping 10-15 at once, that would certainly be impossible, but I know several guilds killed Murdantix before the nerf, and after tars were re-enabled properly.

Rift Chaser

That's not what I experienced and not what I recall seeing on the forums. I remember seeing lots of qq posts about him dropping 3 tars at once (which is intended)

If he was dropping 10-15 at once, that would certainly be impossible, but I know several guilds killed Murdantix before the nerf, and after tars were re-enabled properly.
    We experienced a LOT of different, crazy things on Murdantix. Sometimes, no tar all fight. Sometimes, 2 tars at 75% and then no tars ever. Sometimes, no tars ever and then at 25%, randomly throws a thousand tars all over the map, then no more tars after that. Sometimes, regular and as-intended.

It was completely broken, pre-fix. We also killed him in this state. *Shrug*

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post

Tar damage is easily healed through. >.> it only gets hard hitting if you stand in it, 'cause it ramps up in damage.
    The fight is just extremely frustrating. Not hard, we kill it no problem.
    Keep the damage, sure, I'm just wishing for the knockback to only affect melee.

Ascendant

If it won't change the difficulty at all then why ask for it to be changed anyway? It would change the difficulty of the range getting re-setup after every knockback, while not overly difficult it is a key ability in the encounter.

Ascendant

Tar damage is easily healed through. >.> it only gets hard hitting if you stand in it, 'cause it ramps up in damage.
    The fight is just extremely frustrating. Not hard, we kill it no problem.
    Keep the damage, sure, I'm just wishing for the knockback to only affect melee.
    What's your logic on this change? All I'm seeing so far is that you wish it to be removed because it's an annoyance. That could be said about any mechanic that makes it where you can't stand still and faceroll, I guess, so..?

Rift Chaser

What's your logic on this change? All I'm seeing so far is that you wish it to be removed because it's an annoyance. That could be said about any mechanic that makes it where you can't stand still and faceroll, I guess, so..?
    So let's remove Ichor and Dark Concussion from matron.

Also, Unholy Contract's red portion and the icon spawning. Let's just leave it blue, and let it apply to everyone at once. I mean, it's kind of annoying that he makes you play tetris.

Rift Chaser

Also, Unholy Contract's red portion and the icon spawning. Let's just leave it blue, and let it apply to everyone at once. I mean, it's kind of annoying that he makes you play tetris.

Heh, I never made the link between Unholy Contract and Tetris, but now that I see it, that is pretty funny.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Ascendant

Come on long piece, come on long piece...damnit, lost again. Really only would be tetris if every piece you got was a square in a tetris game.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 09-16-2011 at 02:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast