+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Is hammerknell too hard?

Default Is hammerknell too hard?

Simple answer, No.

Hammerknell is harder from GSB and ROS, however, Trion has always claimed that GSB/ROS were the introduction to raiding in Rift and that later tiers of content would be harder. Hammerknell is a later tier and thus harder. Now is it overly hard? No. The bosses take time and effort to kill. Besides maybe Murdantix, you cant walk in there and start killing bosses. They take time and coordination from the raiding group to learn and eventually kill. Now i can only speak for the first 5 bosses our raid has gone after (RKM and Estrode included). These fights are not overly hard. Murdantix, Matron, and Zilas's learning curve are all slightly harder than the learning curve of say Lord Greenscale. However, once you kill them and actually understand what is needed to kill them, they become quite simple and we now 1 shot them weekly (maybe a two shot on Zilas if there is bad RNG). Rune King is quite a bit harder than the first three. I know some guilds still havent downed him yet they have downed Sicaron. RKM is a pretty challenging fight and will test raiders. One mistake (much like Sicaron) and its game over. It can be very frustrating but it is not overly hard. (i would like to point out that i do not like this fight. i dont think it was well done and it feels a bit over the top with mechanics just thrown in). Estrode is not hard. She will be a slight challenge at first, but this fight is as hard as you make it for yourselves.

I hope Darktide and Akylios are hard fights as they should be, but the question of is Hammerknell to hard is stupid because it is not. If you are able to kill Alsbeth/Herald in ROS you CAN down Murdantix, maybe even Zilas and Matron too.
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

While your points are valid...why are you posting this in the PvP section
    <Retired>

Purge the living should be a 21point archmage ability for Mages.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    While your points are valid...why are you posting this in the PvP section
    basically because i am dumb. lol
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

A raid, too hard.

lol. That is all.

(before you respond, I'm not saying that the OP thinks HK is too hard. I can read, tyvm. My post is general and to people who suggest that a raid could be too hard.)
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 09-15-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by laughingskull View Post
    basically because i am dumb. lol

Hence why hk seems hard for you lmfao.

<King of Axiom> formerly KOA
    Krendo r8, Jox r8, Nukeskywalker r7, Juk r4

Quote Originally Posted by krendo View Post
    Hence why hk seems hard for you lmfao.
    http://community.ratsun.net/topic/11...r-****in-post/

Don't get stuck in the hay.

I agree with the OP warriors need to be buffed.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    A raid, too hard.

lol. That is all.

(before you respond, I'm not saying that the OP thinks HK is too hard. I can read, tyvm. My post is general and to people who suggest that a raid could be too hard.)
    Yeah bro Hammerknell isn't hard at all, why don't you try killing Akylios then? I bet you couldn't kill him even if Trion gave you and your buddies a full set of HK relics.

Stick to farming p1-4's in your p8 gear.
    Last edited by Afyael; 09-15-2011 at 03:53 PM.

A provocative thread, and I look forward to the flames.

From the fights which I have seen (admittedly only a few). They're not too hard for a competent raider to learn. Sadly, keeping competent raiders is harder than ever these days. The recruitment forums may tell you a bit about what guild turnovers are like for a lot of people.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Champion of Telara

HK is not too hard for a raider gamer, aka someone that has been raiding for years and years, i find all the mechanics that i saw till now a joke :>.

But the issue with HK is this:

GsB/RoS are too easy way too easy, the new raider, or the casual raider can easily clear them because the mechanics are unforgiving damage wise, they dont 1 shot or wipe the raid.

HK is impossible for the casual, new, not so good raider.

The fights are unforgiving and the DPS checks, go against the game itself in the form of "multiple roles! Play what you like!" which anyone that has done HK, knows thats not the case.

The only issue HK has is that the scaling in difficulty for the "newer, casual, not so good raider" is that its much higher than GsB and RoS.

Basically for a real raider i would say GsB and RoS have the difficulty of 0 out 10 in the scale of 1 to 10 :>.

HK has the difficulty of 2 to x (x until i see and read how hard Akylios is up till now Molinar has my attention and without trying the fight yet i give it a 6-7).

But for the casual player/slacker/not so good raider which frankly is the player base of Rift:

GsB/RoS are a difficulty of 2 with Johlen being a 8 for them, just read the QQ posts about the bombs and blinding bombs and facepalm.

So if GsB is a 2 and they have issue with Johlen, what is HK for them? Too hard? No, impossible :>
    Last edited by potis; 09-15-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Champion

What is even the point of this thread?

You felt that there were a bunch of HK is too hard threads, so you decided to consolidate your reply in one useless location that no one will ever check?
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

Darktide is easy even after the most recent hotfix. One-shot him tonight. The only difficult part of the fight is not having deaths to Undertow on the right side. Once you learn how to accomplish that, the fight is very straightforward.
    Spence <Legit>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    HK is not too hard for a raider gamer, aka someone that has been raiding for years and years, i find all the mechanics that i saw till now a joke :>.

But the issue with HK is this:

GsB/RoS are too easy way too easy, the new raider, or the casual raider can easily clear them because the mechanics are unforgiving damage wise, they dont 1 shot or wipe the raid.

HK is impossible for the casual, new, not so good raider.

The fights are unforgiving and the DPS checks, go against the game itself in the form of "multiple roles! Play what you like!" which anyone that has done HK, knows thats not the case.

The only issue HK has is that the scaling in difficulty for the "newer, casual, not so good raider" is that its much higher than GsB and RoS.

Basically for a real raider i would say GsB and RoS have the difficulty of 0 out 10 in the scale of 1 to 10 :>.

HK has the difficulty of 2 to x (x until i see and read how hard Akylios is up till now Molinar has my attention and without trying the fight yet i give it a 6-7).

But for the casual player/slacker/not so good raider which frankly is the player base of Rift:

GsB/RoS are a difficulty of 2 with Johlen being a 8 for them, just read the QQ posts about the bombs and blinding bombs and facepalm.

So if GsB is a 2 and they have issue with Johlen, what is HK for them? Too hard? No, impossible :>
    Whats important to remember is that the difficulty jump in HK and GSB/ROS seems big because those instances have already been nerfed, and HK has not yet, not to the extent that it will be.

Hammerknell overall difficulty is pretty good I'd say for a Tier 2 raid. However I did feel the difficulty was a bit...inconsistent. You had a super tough boss like Grug then the next boss Inquisitor Garau is completely faceroll comparitively. The difficulty didn't make alot of sense in many ways. Most of the super tough fights have been nerfed already (Sicaron, Grug, Mollinar) and a few fights have been brought up to a higher level of challenge (Inwar particularly). I dunno if Inwar is as hard as he should be now, but at least he's not as easy as he was.

Akylios should be extremely tough. And I am glad they haven't really nerfed him that much. I think Trion has done a very very impressive job with just their second tier of raid and I think they will get to a place where WoW was at in Vanilla/BC in terms of raid encounter design and difficulty (which is a good thing IMO). Trion's main area of focus on their next raid should be keeping this high level of quality in terms of encounter design, difficulty and level design (HK is simply an amazingly designed instance) while being more conscious of itemization and more comprehensive bug testing.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Shadowlander

Wait there is a difficulty increase from one Tier to another Tier??? Gett outttttt.
    VeroProDiGY's 3rd ALT in which he still carries his guild.

Inventor and Creator of the Senticar since day 1.

stay small Nerds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast