+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK skellies right after Murdantix still drop loot?

Shadowlander

Default HK skellies right after Murdantix still drop loot?

Would like a response on this to see if its still worth farming them during non raid hours.

Shadowlander

We got a tanking sword in there 2 lockouts ago. Not sure if something changed but i doubt it. It droped from the skellies and tiger pulls on the way to soulrender Zilas. (To the left of murdantix)

Dwarven Forged Quickblade is what droped
    I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.

Shadowlander

yeah we got something a while back.. just seeing if anyone has gotten anything lately to see if it was stealth nerfed

RIFT Guide Writer

Just got cleric tank ring off skellies I believe this week

Like our first trash drop ever in HK :|

Yes they're easily soloable too if you have the right spec.

This won't last long after this thread...so gg.
    Old school raid

pvp

Better get on this before it gets hotfixed out...
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

We got a Dwarven Forged Quickblade from them just yesterday, so they definitely still drop loot.
    The only problem was our Master Looter seemed to misplace the item and we have no idea where it went.
    Nope.

i farmed today my 5th dwarven forged quickblade out of the skellies
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

Rift Disciple

Didn't they change this a few patches ago so that only the "major" mobs would drop trash loot?

Quote Originally Posted by aldo View Post
    Didn't they change this a few patches ago so that only the "major" mobs would drop trash loot?
    If they did they failed.

Meh... I think it's sort of cheap but I do it because RS aggro is ****, and there's not much else to do. :\ I wouldn't mind if they patched it out.

Most of the major guilds who have progressed beyond murdantix figured this out right off the bat. But its pure RNG. We have not gotten loot of the skellies in like 2 weeks now. But i have heard of stuff still dropping.

Now that said, if they patch it out now they are giving a big F U to many guilds just getting into HK since they wont be able to gear up quite as fast and there will be a "gap" that develops. Its like having a race where you give the first 10 cars to get on the track a engine that allows them to go 10 mph faster. Those 10 cars not only got on the track earlier, meaning they got a head start on everyone else, but they can go a little faster then everyone else, which only furthers the gap, not allowing others even a chance to catch up until the first 10 cars have finished the race.

Or your guild can step it up? We killed everything that was killable since the first week of HK release, and we didn't get a single weapon drop outside of two mage staves off of trash for ~3 weeks. Every dps was rocking tier 1 weapons on the first handfull of boss kills.

And every boss has been nerfed since then. The harder versions of those bosses were doable with tier 1 raid weapons, so there's no effective gap between people coming in now and those who've been doing HK for a while, at least as far as the first floor bosses are concerned.

Of course getting weapon drops would make things easier, but not having them doesn't prevent anyone from being able to kill bosses in HK.

It boils down to the quality of the raiders in your guild and whether or not your guys can stay focused for 10 minutes at a time.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 09-16-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Plane Touched

Trash drops hate our guild.

As a guild group, we farmed HK trash for hours when the first group dropped epics and we only got one drop on the LAST pull before giving up, and it was the cleric tank ring.

We have cleared RoS at least a half dozen times and have NEVER, EVER seen a trash drop at all. I don't know how that's happening, since we've seen about 2 trash drops per run in GSB and have heard of people getting about the same rates in RoS. It just seems statistically improbable to clear RoS multiple times and NEVER see a trash drop.

1 guy (we will call him bob) in our guild has farmed 3 epics and counted. It's sad he could not use any of them
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by aldo View Post
    No just the trash before Murdantix. Any trash after him, does and will drop trash loot.
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/10

Chloromacers who macro their spells suck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast