+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matron's Dark Concussion & Warrior's Way of the Mountain

Shadowlander

Default Matron's Dark Concussion & Warrior's Way of the Mountain

Was wondering if WOTM negates the damage as well as the knockback of Dark Concussion. Gonna give her a go Sunday.
    Please accept my apologies if this has been asked previously

Rift Chaser

I would imagine it would stop the knockback but you'd still eat the damage.

*Shrug*

We kill her minus any WOTM warriors, just have competent DPS That step out of the purple circles. That's a better idea.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Asono View Post
    I would imagine it would stop the knockback but you'd still eat the damage.

*Shrug*

We kill her minus any WOTM warriors, just have competent DPS That step out of the purple circles. That's a better idea.
    Are you serious or just trolling?
    Ip

Telaran

he is serious,,, and pretty sure wotm doesnt work

Rift Chaser

I'm not trolling.

I'll concede a little ignorance on the specifics of Way of the Mountain, but yeah, i'm the raid leader and composer, and you can pretty much, y'know, walk out of the purple circles.

I hear if you walk out of the purple circles, you don't uhm, y'know, get hurt at all.

Sword of Telara

To be more specific he means walk out until one lands then walk in. You cannot get out of a melee range bomb, but you can time it so you are far away when they go and dps in between them.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    To be more specific he means walk out until one lands then walk in. You cannot get out of a melee range bomb, but you can time it so you are far away when they go and dps in between them.
    Well, I will state that this works too, and that at 0m Hitbox distance, if you're awful enough to be standing there, she will insta-bomb you.

But.

If you stay at max hitbox, you have enough time (if you're not slow) to simply strafe out of the circle before the concussion lands. If you watch closely, in this fight, she actually marks the target with the circle, and then throws a large purple pyramid-missle up and arc'd to the location, which detonates in a purple explosion (On Ultra-high settings, perhaps?). So long as you're out by the travel-time completion, you take zero damage or knockback.

This is doable at max hitbox, it's just not forgiving or 'easy' per se. At max range, outer-circle, etc, it's incredibly forgiving and easy. You should probably not be standing inside matron's babymaker when she's about to use the ability.

Much less trying to mitigate avoidable, basic boss mechanics with something that is going to cost you dps.

Love,
    Asono

Shadowlander

Thank you all for your comments. Much appreciated

Plane Walker

If I remember correctly WotM does not work but havent tried it since the 2nd day

Biggest thing is HP banner. Also when we first started this fight I used the 10 end food instead of cupcake

If you are melee heavy you have to max you HP as much as possible to stay in for the higher pact counts, if not your people have to manage when to move away from her until the pacts are released with the little ghosts

It doesn't work. Only on Murd does WotM work. And the uptime is whatever, really.

"Don't stand in the glowing stuff", pretty much the hardest raid boss mechanic ever invented in the history of raiding.

Plane Touched

it doesn't work, it works on murdantix and grug though, you don't want it for grug though lol

+ Reply to Thread