+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matron

Telaran

Default Matron

Was wondering I know some guilds use clerics and rogues for the top portion can one of you post your build that you use. Right now we use a mage and he does great but we had 2 mages miss the other night kinda put us in a tight spot. Thanks in advance.
    Baroom-Warrior-Shatterbone
    Recruiting for HK in Chaos Rising http://chaosrising.guildlaunch.com/forums/
    T1 Raid Cleared 2/10 HK.

Plane Walker

We use a mage as well. Im sorry I do not know the spec, but he changes roles after the 3rd tomb to pew pew finish the boss

I beleive our rogue uses a marksmen spec and kites the adds. For Clerics i think they use a -icar spec for the self healing with good dps. We always use a rogue though.
    Last edited by Quietmode; 09-15-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by baroom View Post
    Was wondering I know some guilds use clerics and rogues for the top portion can one of you post your build that you use. Right now we use a mage and he does great but we had 2 mages miss the other night kinda put us in a tight spot. Thanks in advance.
    It is tricky as a rogue but definitely doable.

You need a marksman based kiting spec, throw in 0 point sab for the slow. And maybe some rfitstalker for blinks if you feel you need them. Better off with some ranger though.

Then you just kite and kill in the space you have. When you run out of space one direction, root the mob and run past back the other way (preferably without getting hit). Then just keep up the work and kill them continuously, all 3 each tome (if you use only 3 tomes).

Cleric build is some pseudo tank/dps one. Think Jonchron has a video of it somewhere. And even a guide iirc.
    Split - Rogue Tank - Purge to Win
    GSB - 5/5 / RoS - 4/4 / HK - 11/11

Rift Chaser

We utilize a rogue for this role, every time.

Ascendant

cleric all day everyday
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    It is tricky as a rogue but definitely doable.

You need a marksman based kiting spec, throw in 0 point sab for the slow. And maybe some rfitstalker for blinks if you feel you need them. Better off with some ranger though.

Then you just kite and kill in the space you have. When you run out of space one direction, root the mob and run past back the other way (preferably without getting hit). Then just keep up the work and kill them continuously, all 3 each tome (if you use only 3 tomes).

Cleric build is some pseudo tank/dps one. Think Jonchron has a video of it somewhere. And even a guide iirc.
    How pointless.

Any Sin/NB spec 21 Sin and 8 NB, dual sap Incapitate and Lost Hope, dont kill anything just stand there i just have a Sin/BD/NB spec because Deadly Dance can do some damage etc etc etc.

Useless spec of course for anywhere else but you do not touch the adds ever, you just CC them.

And it pulls 1.6k Single target for when you go down after the 3rd tome usage for the last 10-20% depending how much the DPS fails.

Prophet of Telara

We had a warrior (51 point riftblade) do it last time. I'm gonna offer to try it this next time, since I usually run that build anyway. Just lots of kiting basically.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    How pointless.

Any Sin/NB spec 21 Sin and 8 NB, dual sap Incapitate and Lost Hope, dont kill anything just stand there i just have a Sin/BD/NB spec because Deadly Dance can do some damage etc etc etc.

Useless spec of course for anywhere else but you do not touch the adds ever, you just CC them.

And it pulls 1.6k Single target for when you go down after the 3rd tome usage for the last 10-20% depending how much the DPS fails.
    I like this prob give this a shot.
    Baroom-Warrior-Shatterbone
    Recruiting for HK in Chaos Rising http://chaosrising.guildlaunch.com/forums/
    T1 Raid Cleared 2/10 HK.

+ Reply to Thread