+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gsb, anyone still running this?

Rift Master

Default Gsb, anyone still running this?

Does anyone still run gsb, took us 45min to clear last night, most of the loot was sent to the burn pile. We went over to ros with the same result. Weve gone into hk the boss mechanics are pretty much the same. I dont know what it is, hk just doesnt do it for me, was hoping for underwater bosses.

Rift Chaser

Plenty of guilds still run GSB. I'm sure a lot of guilds are still 'progressing' through GSB.

For HKing guilds that are 3+, probably not. Or maybe on Alts.

*Shrug*

45 minutes is slow if you're in early HK gear. Chop chop! Greenscale's Blight: Rapid Assault awaits you!

Telaran

Depends on which shard, but on mine rarely see many are capable of running it. Guess majority of the population are just casual, still not geared up for it and overall end game interest is very low imo. One or two guilds do it and a little stats upgrades from legendaries comparing to T2 make them "jump and joy" so yea GSB run is still a rare scenery on my shard.

As of last week, mine was one of only 2 guilds on our side that killed Lord Greeny. A lot of us are at the point where the only upgrades are pvp, HK, or a GSB/ROS relic.

And yes, the loot is kinda pointless, but you have to kill duke infiltrator oracle prince before you can go to the Lord to get your 1 relic per week, because apparently straight linear dungeons are "fun" to Trion.

Rift Disciple

My guild runs every instance as often as we can. We're pretty big and often take in new members, so we try and let everyone experience as much content as possible and get them some shiny new gear to take home.

So... yes. We normally have two GSB groups a week, one or two RoS groups, and have ten-mans pretty much every night with whoever decides they want to start one up. Normally it's just our top twenty raiders who go to HK.

Shield of Telara

My guild still runs it. We're a pretty large guild so we mix in a couple core players with newbies to gear up the guild then bring in the core for greenscale (still need non-cleric relics) and HK.

Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    I dont know what it is, hk just doesnt do it for me, was hoping for underwater bosses.
    Omg I hate underwater bosses. All that trying to swim, X axis crap, and slow movement while trying to fight is annoying as hell. Games that did this bored the piss out of me.

I remember a few fights in WoW on Quel'danas in Sunwell. They had a zero gravity boss fight that filled the room with a watery type of atmosphere where you had to swim around and avoid beams and crap. I didn't think the fight itself was hard but the floating made it so.

I detest that more than anything and hope they nix any type of water boss fights.

Coirnav in PoWater... EQ anyone?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    Does anyone still run gsb, took us 45min to clear last night, most of the loot was sent to the burn pile. We went over to ros with the same result. Weve gone into hk the boss mechanics are pretty much the same. I dont know what it is, hk just doesnt do it for me, was hoping for underwater bosses.
    Grats, you won an MMORPG. Let me introduce you to something you probably haven't seen for a while. The sun.

Unfortunately, since 20 man raiding sucks and only elitist guilds can do it well, lots of peole still run the very first raids, because if you're anything but an elitist guild, it's a pain in the backside to keep a guild big enough to do 20 man raids, get consistent attendance for 20 man raids, and to run 20 man raids without continual disruptions. Progression suffers when just doing the raid is a hassle.

I would say there are 10 or less guilds on my server/faction that regulary and successfully do 20 man raiding (and I think I'm overestimating by a lot). There are only a couple that ever recruit spam with 5/5 GSB (probably a couple that don't recruit via chat spam). None of the guilds that recruit spam are 4/4 RoS. There are zero guilds for my server/faction doing HK bosses and the only one that I know of even doing HK trash just transferred to the shard about 2 weeks ago to go for server firsts (hurray for cheese and they're the only guild for my faction that's 4/4 ROS). I'm sure all servers aren't the same, but to me, it's pretty stupid to have endgame content designed such that most people can't or don't do it.

I say it over and over, but 20/25 man raiding is garbage. Blizzard finally realized it and shifted to a 10 man standard and now almost nobody does 25 man raiding (the only people who still do serious 25 man are elitist progression guilds who do 25 man because it's easier than 10 man which is utterly stupid but that's a different game and a different stupid issue). Rift is very heavily copied from WoW and blew it here. I can almost guarantee you'd have 2-3x the number of raiding going on and more guilds doing progression if all raids were 10 man.

I'll say it again. Once 10 man became the standard in WoW, the biggest MMORPG ever, with more raiders than any other game by far, almost nobody does 25 man. Why? Because 25 man raiding utterly sucks. The only people who still do 25 man are the few ultra elitist guilds and ony because deep progression raiding is EASIER in 25 man (zerg ftw?) and they were already operating like paramilitary corporations and didn't need to change.

IMO, with raiding, the content should be what's difficult, not the logistics of keeping a guild big enough to keep a raid team big enough and consistent enough to attempt the content or the logistics of managing a raid. What you end up with is, to be a successful guild you need to interview members like it's a job interview, you have to demand strict attendance like it's a job, you have to monitor and demand performance out of people like it's a job, and hey, raiding becomes like a job. Dunno how it is in Rift, but in WoW the serious progression raiding guilds raid 5-6 days a week for 5-6 hours a night - like a job - except most jobs are only 5 days a week!

Now, I think raiding should require dedication, skill, time, effort, good players, and all of that, but I don't think it should be like a job, and I don't think that the only way it should be done the best is to have a guild of generally miserable people (elitist raiders...and I can't truly describe them without getting another infraction for profanity :P ) that work like a paramilitary organization (almost like terrorists since they're generally so miserable and unpleasant that they terrorize everyone else in the game).

It's very possible to still have challenging 10 man raid content that everyone can do and get more use out of the content. Another solution Bliz came up with was to have heroic (expert in rift speak) modes for dungeons, so that those very few ultra elitist guilds could still have challenges. So while 90% of your raiders would do regular modes of 10 mans and be challenged yet still get completion, the elitists could do heroic/expert modes, get better loot for it, and still have a challenge.

^ Go back to WoW

WTB 54-72 man raids ala EQ pst.
    Last edited by theignition34; 09-15-2011 at 08:41 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by theignition34 View Post
    Coirnav in PoWater... EQ anyone?
    Phinny was way worse and out long before Coirnav
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    Phinny was way worse and out long before Coirnav
    Touche mon frere, touche :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6-TGrJTQuw

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by theignition34 View Post
    Touche mon frere, touche :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6-TGrJTQuw
    oh gawd, i still have nightmares....
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    As of last week, mine was one of only 2 guilds on our side that killed Lord Greeny. A lot of us are at the point where the only upgrades are pvp, HK, or a GSB/ROS relic.

And yes, the loot is kinda pointless, but you have to kill duke infiltrator oracle prince before you can go to the Lord to get your 1 relic per week, because apparently straight linear dungeons are "fun" to Trion.
    So like if we could all just jump to LGS and skip everything else that makes it better?.. Go play a F2P if you wanna skip bosses. Or get better and down Akylios.
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^

Everything Voqar said

Though, on our server, the guild I am in is one of only three or four guilds that can clear RoS consistently, and only the second (that I know of) to start downing HK bosses.. We still clear GP, GSB and DH to gear up non-core raiders (like me) and alts.

So yeah, I would say Most of the raiding population of Rift (just on a hunch) still does GSB.
    Someone feeling wronged is like someone feeling thirsty. Donít tell them they arenít. Sit with them and have a drink.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast