+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: BUG: Boss fight-Force field locks out group

Default BUG: Boss fight-Force field locks out group

I am sick to death of being stuck behind that damn annoying Orange Force Field that comes up after you engage a boss in an instance. Healers, supports, dps and even the tank can get stuck behind it!

Make that stupid force field one-way so the people who are left behind can still go in to fight! Sure, make it so you can't shoot through it or whatever but please make it so we can't get stuck outside again!
    Better watch it, Trion is out to get us. Infraction for "spam". I posted "Bump" 2 times on 2 different days and got in trouble for it...

I feel like I'm in preschool again

Shield of Telara

so you can just run back if you're bad and die?

The best way around this is to have everyone move into the room before engaging the boss.

Edit: Or give it a short timer in which locked out players can enter the room.
    Last edited by Afyael; 09-14-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Soulwalker

I heartily agree with the original poster.
    You stop paying attention just only a few seconds or you look down at the keyboard or chat input field to type a sentence and your entire group runs in and locks you out, forcing you to sit there, watch and feel like an idiot and a waste of a group slot while they fight without you.

Worried about people dying and running back in? Make it one-way and lock you out if you die. Devs can be clever, I'm sure they could come up with something.

It's too harsh the way it is right now, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    so you can just run back if you're bad and die?

The best way around this is to have everyone move into the room before engaging the boss.

So, you say that if one of our group is bad, the rest of us should suffer because of it? A LOT of people have no regard for anyone but themselves. They'll rush in and fight without giving any regard for anyone (be it the healer or dps) who is lagging behind. What are we supposed to do? Stop doing instances altogether?

Letting us through the block from the outside will prevent this problem in the future.
    Better watch it, Trion is out to get us. Infraction for "spam". I posted "Bump" 2 times on 2 different days and got in trouble for it...

Champion

They should just be further back than they are now. Some of them require you to get uncomfortably close to the boss in order to avoid being accidentally locked out and I've seen quite a few people die because of it.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya1st View Post
    So, you say that if one of our group is bad, the rest of us should suffer because of it? A LOT of people have no regard for anyone but themselves. They'll rush in and fight without giving any regard for anyone (be it the healer or dps) who is lagging behind. What are we supposed to do? Stop doing instances altogether?

Letting us through the block from the outside will prevent this problem in the future.
    If one of the group is bad and rushes in then don't do anything. He will die, you rez him and he learns his lesson. The game coddles you enough as it is.

If one of the group is bad and rushes in then don't do anything. He will die, you rez him and he learns his lesson. The game coddles you enough as it is.
    When fighting is going on people generally don't just sit around and watch. Not everyone will notice that the healer or anyone else in the group is stuck behind the shield and thus all the group will likely wipe because of it.

I have a question for you. Do you have a tank? Do you wait for the rest of the group before engaging a boss or any other mobs that triggers a wall to come up behind you? If you do, then good on you. However, very few people actually do.

This suggestion will not alter your game experience in any way if you are fortunate enough to have a perfect group when you do instances. It only improves upon the less fortunate of us who end up with the less perfect groups

The only boss I can remember that does not have this is the Water Elemental in Expert DD.
    In particular, all of the Expert CC bosses that have a lock-out give you ample warning - red dots on the ground closing in from both sides of the door, until they meet in the middle and the force field comes up.

Do we really need more than this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    The only boss I can remember that does not have this is the Water Elemental in Expert DD.
    In particular, all of the Expert CC bosses that have a lock-out give you ample warning - red dots on the ground closing in from both sides of the door, until they meet in the middle and the force field comes up.

Do we really need more than this?
    erm, what about normal instances? Or do they not matter?

/rc
    ?????
    PROFIT!

Rift Disciple

A one way barrier sounds fairly reasonable. It should have a timer though ti prevent dead folks from running back to rejoin the fight.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

If anything, on the initial pull of a boss (lets say 15 seconds) - players should be allowed to pass through the force field into the boss fight section. However, after they pass through, they can no longer exit or re-enter while the force field is up.
    --BC

Rift Disciple

Please remove the orange force fields that lock me out of the fight, the blue ones are fine though.

Edit: What about the Lightning walls on Plutonus in RoS?
    Last edited by mitch07; 09-15-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya1st View Post
    erm, what about normal instances? Or do they not matter?
    Of course they do. I was simply assuming you were talking about expert dungeons, my bad.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure normal CC has the exact mechanic I was referring to - the barrier does not come up instantly. You get ample warning.

Not sure why they don't do that for every boss, but not sure why you would call this a bug either - seems more like a design decision you don't agree with.
    Me, I don't care
    Last edited by Kalina; 09-16-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Try using readycheck. I hear it helps.

That being said, there'll still be '***** who click ready and still get locked out. But that'll be their fault.

And regardless, the lock-out shields are NOT a bug. If you want to make it a suggestion, sure. But I'm pretty sure its one of those things that are actually working as intended.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast