+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sell back hexed items?

Default Sell back hexed items?

When 1.2 rolled out, if you were in possession of glyphed items, you could sell them back for their marks equivalent.

ex> Gloves were 50 marks.

Can you sell hexed items to the merchant for greater marks?

ex> You obtain a hexed belt from zilas , can you sell it back for 50 greater marks?

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Bump for answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayakov View Post
    Bump for answer.
    I think the reason that happened was because of the implementation of the marks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're referring to drops that give you relic HK tier gear, I would assume you only get to use it for that, and not an either / or type scenario.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Well I would like to get a definite answer from guilds who have gotten them and tried it.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 09-13-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Champion

Haven't tried it, but that's not the intended purpose of these token items. If you can (unlikely), it'd be an oversight from copy/pasting their previous item code, which is of course possible.

The Hexed Belt is simply a conversion tool to turn the regular Epic belt purchased for 50 gearter marks into the Relic quality belt. Therefor it doesnt have "mark" value and couldnt be turned back in for marks.

Ive got the relic belt and heres how it works:

Get a Hexed Belt drop.
    Buy Epic Belt from vendor for 50 Greater Marks
    Trade in Epic Belt with Hexed Belt for Relic Belt.

It works the same with other Hexed items like the Hexed Shoulders that drop from Sicaron. Our tank go them last night. Once he purchases the Shoulders for 80 Greater Marks he can then turn those shoulders + the Hexed Shoulders in to the vendor for the Relic shoulders.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 09-13-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Rift Chaser

I'm not sure on this 100%, as I have not specifically tried it, but no, i'm pretty sure you can't cash in hexed items for marks.... Or everyone would be doing it.

I know how it works lol. But seeing as the first hexed item you come across is a belt, you would think people would rather turn it in for marks more so than get the belt. At least for mage, the relic version is a little lack luster, nice, but lack luster.

I'm 90% sure this isnt possible, except by coding error like veev said. Old Hexed items were made sellable for marks because they changed the way to get the T3 set items. If they ever make the relic item purchasable upgrades with badges then maybe theyll make them sellable for marks. But I dont have one in front of me to see if it sells for badges.

I do know you cant Sell back your relic item for its epic version + Hexed item though. So no buying up all the firsts =p

Just pass it to someone whos relic is an actual upgrade.
    Last edited by Quietmode; 09-13-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Cleric Tank

hey

i got my relic belt 2-3 weeks ago.. I did the buy, sell and rebuy thing for shard firsts (yes i'm that sad). I tryed doing this for the relic belt aswell. but it was not possible, but to the point, you get your hexed belt back + whatever belt you used to get the relic upgrade. The epic belt is now soulbound.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Qia

Why would this even be possible?
    The entire point of token for marks trading was because of the implementation of marks. Nothing alse.
    When you went to the tier 1 raid gear vendor, your token gear showed it could be sold for this amount of marks.
    Does this say in HK gear? No!

But, nvm. You are too hardcore.
    Soon you will want a definite answer from Trion cause they will certainly answer to this question.
    Ip

+ Reply to Thread