+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hammerknell : Where to go after Murdantix ?

Plane Touched

Default Hammerknell : Where to go after Murdantix ?

We've started Hammerknell, defeated Murdantix, and had a full night of tries on Zilas, taking him to 48%.
    I believe we have learned the basics of the fight and should be able to get him down sooner or later, but it seems to me this fight is going to be frustrating since it's really RNG based.
    So i'm wondering if we should try to go on another boss ...
    What's the progression path after Murdantix ?
    On the left there is Zilas, i've heard there matron on the right, what's down stairs ?
    Where should we try to go ? What would be the best learning path for the instance, that would help us also get some loot to gear up and have an easier time on other bosses ?
    Any info could help

Soulwalker

Matron is usually considered a tad easier then Zilas mainly cause of that RNG.
    Once your raid force gets used to the encounters tho both are fairly easy.

After that, Vlad (after zilas), then Sicaron (after Matron). I wouldnt go after the Rune King ( downstairs ) before you do those 4 at least.
    Last edited by Egrath; 09-13-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Plane Touched

Thanks but please, "a tad easier" means a lot easier or a little easier ? (sorry english isnt my birth language).

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    Thanks but please, "a tad easier" means a lot easier or a little easier ? (sorry english isnt my birth language).
    He means that both bosses are pretty much the same difficulty but Zilas requires more "getting used to the mechanics".
    So you will spend more time on Zilas but after you figure out the mechanics and timing it will become really easy.
    Ip

Ascendant

It's difficult to compare Soulrender Zilas to Matron Zamira. Each fight requires some degree of personal responsibility, even if you aren't performing a particular task other than DPSing the boss.

I would recommend Matron Zamira if your tanks have death resist gear ready to go. Otherwise, I'd say go with Soulrender Zilas. I think Zilas took a while longer to kill (based on hours spent practicing) because there would always be a few bad apples that got hit by the beam.

So then again, maybe its a matter of: if your raid has some common sense and can magically chase the beam with an eight-second heads up, then go for Zilas first. If you have a few morons who can't be trusted to do anything, go for Matron and tell them to stand there and look pretty.

Shield of Telara

I would definately say Progression wise to go for Matron, The fight is not that difficult. Zilas, with better gear (Specially HK) goes down quicker so there is less of a chance for RNG to bite your ***.
    Last edited by Pooshonmyshoos; 09-13-2011 at 05:22 AM.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Rift Chaser

Our guild (Chaos Legion)

Did this order:

Murdantix -> Zilas -> matron -> Vlad -> Sicaron.

That said, Matron only took us about 2-3 hours to get completely down from scratch, whereas Zilas took us probably 3-4 hours. Zilas is fairly RNG, the better your gear, the more you can defy the RNG. Unlucky maguses can be very unfortunate, especially if you're just crawling into HK gear and/or no HK gear. On Matron, it's a very reliable game of keeping your tanks up during baby-pops and properly managing reflection/tank rotations, coupled with a very light dps check.

Matron is easier, i'd say, but Zilas is more rewarding, because Vlad is incredibly easy... as in "Lol tier 2 5-man boss?" easy. Amazed he's even in HK.

We did Murdantix, Zilas, Vlad, Matron, Sicaron, and now on King/Prince. King/Prince is the one down the center stairs btw and like Sicaron, is harder then Zilas or Matron.

Zilas is more RNG based, but in my opinion is less of a gear check then Matron. Why not just mess with them both and see which one you have better luck with heh.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 09-13-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egrath View Post
    Matron is usually considered a tad easier then Zilas mainly cause of that RNG.
    Once your raid force gets used to the encounters tho both are fairly easy.

After that, Vlad (after zilas), then Sicaron (after Matron). I wouldnt go after the Rune King ( downstairs ) before you do those 4 at least.
    This.

Matron is a lot easier if your raid has quality DPS (less raid wide organization needed and no RNG).

Molinar gave us fits (but we're melee heavy).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 09-13-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Asono View Post
    Our guild (Chaos Legion)

Did this order:

Murdantix -> Zilas -> matron -> Vlad -> Sicaron.

That said, Matron only took us about 2-3 hours to get completely down from scratch, whereas Zilas took us probably 3-4 hours. Zilas is fairly RNG, the better your gear, the more you can defy the RNG. Unlucky maguses can be very unfortunate, especially if you're just crawling into HK gear and/or no HK gear. On Matron, it's a very reliable game of keeping your tanks up during baby-pops and properly managing reflection/tank rotations, coupled with a very light dps check.

Matron is easier, i'd say, but Zilas is more rewarding, because Vlad is incredibly easy... as in "Lol tier 2 5-man boss?" easy. Amazed he's even in HK.
    Vlad is a mini boss, doesn't even drop marks...of course its going to be easy.

As far as OP's post I would say Matron is a far easier encounter, there is almost no personal responsibility other than range moving from ground ae when stacks get too high and a couple people dealing with Hideous Blast + Arc of Night and you can make multiple mistakes and still eek out a win (tanks dying multiple times etc).

Prophet of Telara

I actually found Zilas far easier than Matron, where you had to have phenomenal coordination on your tanks and healers on book transitions (we still lose at least one tank during the fight), though it's really easy on the rest of your raid. Then the reflects in the end add a whole new level of coordination to the fight.

Zilas, however, is the opposite. Your tanks and healers can basically fall asleep on Zilas, they just stand in the middle and do their thing. He hits kind of hard, but has no raid-wide damage or hard hits on the tank, aside from the occasional ghost. Zilas, however, requires that your DPSers be on the ball, pretty much perfectly.

I assume most guilds make sure their tanks/healers are their best players usually though, and relegate any potential derps to DPS. So it depends on where you're strongest. We've had trouble holding onto mages (or getting them in general) and have been a little sketchy on clerics, but our warrior and rogue cores are really strong, so the healing/reflects on Matron seemed to end up being a lot harder than the DPS demands on Zilas.

Mudantix -> Matron -> Zilas/Vlad -> Grugonum -> Sicaron -> Runeking -> Estrode - > Garau -> Darktide...
    Old school raid

pvp

Well, we are only 3/11 so i suppose my advice is only marginally useful, but we went the Zilas route first, and now that we are doing Matron, we feel like we just ran out of time on our first night of progression, and would have had her down in a couple more tries. Matron thus far has seemed much more straight forward, but then i play DPS. For tanks and healers Matron is much more of a challenge than Zilas, so i guess it depends on who is more likely to rise to a challenge quickly, your Healers or DPS?
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Matron and Zilas are a toss up, Matron is easier in most people's view because it requires less personal responsibility on the part of your raid. Zilas can be a slight block for some who can't run the beam or can't switch DPS to Ghosts/Magi.

With the current state of Grug, I don't know why guilds would risk even bothering with Molinar right now as he is IMO the hardest fight pre-Akylios.
    Old school raid

pvp

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    I actually found Zilas far easier than Matron, where you had to have phenomenal coordination on your tanks and healers on book transitions (we still lose at least one tank during the fight), though it's really easy on the rest of your raid. Then the reflects in the end add a whole new level of coordination to the fight.

Zilas, however, is the opposite. Your tanks and healers can basically fall asleep on Zilas, they just stand in the middle and do their thing. He hits kind of hard, but has no raid-wide damage or hard hits on the tank, aside from the occasional ghost. Zilas, however, requires that your DPSers be on the ball, pretty much perfectly.

I assume most guilds make sure their tanks/healers are their best players usually though, and relegate any potential derps to DPS. So it depends on where you're strongest. We've had trouble holding onto mages (or getting them in general) and have been a little sketchy on clerics, but our warrior and rogue cores are really strong, so the healing/reflects on Matron seemed to end up being a lot harder than the DPS demands on Zilas.
    I'd like to echo this sentiment. Fights in HK can be broken down into who the stress is put on in your raid. Not every fight really messes with the DPS, not every fight puts everything on the shoulders of the tanks and healers.

Zilas is a fight that makes all of your dps be aware of mechanics and DO THEM. There is very little room (esp. for a new guild) for people to stand around oblivious to what is going on, just making big numbers.

Matron on the other hand is a high strain on your tanks and healers, keeping up with very high incoming damage and very frequent tank swaps in addition to the control of the nightmare adds. The DPS just attack their targets and dodge ground aoes.

Morekson - Cleric Class Lead and GM
    Terrible Idea - Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast