+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matron revolting ichor

Rift Chaser

Default Matron revolting ichor

Our guild is currently working on matron and we got the fight down pretty good but the problem is revolting ichor that hit the tank for 12+ at 10+ stacks.So my question is what spec do warrior tank use and what spec cleric use to tank heal.

both war tank using vk 51 with around 170-200 death ressist raid buff.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.
    Last edited by darknsss; 09-12-2011 at 08:49 PM.

tell your tansk to spec 25/20/21 vk/pala/rv

seriously.. why are you even raiding with a tanks who don't know how to minmax dmg reduction?

alternativly i hear roguetanks deal with it just fine
    Last edited by TyrLith; 09-12-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Rift Chaser

What about the clerics? we kinda allrdy knew about the tank spec you mention but didnt try it tonight(we will tomorow)
    but the clerics healers im interest in there specs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by darknsss View Post
    Our guild is currently working on matron and we got the fight down pretty good but the problem is revolting ichor that hit the tank for 12+ at 10+ stacks.So my question is what spec do warrior tank use and what spec cleric use to tank heal.

both war tank using vk 51 with around 170-200 death ressist raid buff.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.
    51vk will work better than the reaver hybrid until revolting ichor, so I would recommend using the reaver hybrid. It's also a good idea to stack death resist wherever possible (chest/shoulder rune, vial, planar protection, event trinket, sigil)

The add tank can provide Spotter's Order, if that's your concern.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by darknsss View Post
    What about the clerics? we kinda allrdy knew about the tank spec you mention but didnt try it tonight(we will tomorow)
    but the clerics healers im interest in there specs.
    This is quite debatable, but I like having at least one puri/sent and a warden who can keep hots on both tanks at once. AoE damage is never a concern and will be healed up before the next concussion blast goes off, so for the most part you will only stack tank healers.

Plane Touched

basically the only dmg you have to worry about on the tanks is the combination of ichor + melee swing. She's casting so many other spells that not much other dmg is going out. So basically you stack cleric shields and time your heals to land right after the first ichor. Then the other tank taunts during the cast of the second ichor so he takes the melee swing dmg.

Doing it this way makes the encounter easily healable. But like people in here have said, death resist helps too.

50 Cleric <Fires of Heaven>
    Recruitment - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6DGgZnjWw
    0 valor PvP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5JtuQuqXA
    Rift PvE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPTfNf_k40
    Site for everything rift! www.riftjunkies.com

We run 3 tanks, 2 Warriors and 1 Cleric. One of the warriors is the offtank and provides the spotters/rallying/aid. The Warrior on Matron runs the maxmitigation build. I believe its Pally/VK/Reaver. The Cleric I think is full justicar. Not sure.

Hope this helps.

-Csb
    Unleash the Beast

Shield of Telara

Does Natrual Conversion work on RA?

Havent got to Matron yet, but would be nice to know as well.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

I would imagine it would work just like any other spell. Ive tanked this as a cleric with no specific death resist equipped and did fine. We do 2 sent/puris and 1 chloro + an inqisicar for picking up raid heals. Make sure your tanks are switching at 1 stack instead of at 2-3 stacks since each stack increases dmg taken.

Tank 1 pulls boss. Tank 1 recieves debuff. Tank 2 taunts. Tank 2 receives debuff. Tank 1 taunts, Tank 1 debuffs falls off, tank 1 receives debuff.... repeat

The debuff will fall off and be applied a few seconds later.

Cleric Tank

u can also time ur tank switch between revolting ichors, that way the spell will land on the previous tank and the melee swing afterwards will be on the new tank.

unfortunately tank death is common even amongst those who has been farming this for weeks, good news is that u can recover fairly easy even when one of ur tanks drop dead every 15 seconds.
    Last edited by Sharogy; 09-13-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com

Sword of Telara

You can natural convert Revolting ichor.

It starts at 30% and less. If you properly reflected Hideous blast from 40-->30% you can reset boss stacks at 10 (around 15% hp) and burn down the rest.

Rift Chaser

We just got Matron a couple weeks back, and our two tanks (warrior and cleric, myself), seem fine on this issue. The Revolting Ichor casts become a issue starting around 25-27 stacks, and once she's up to 30+, it's hitting for quite a bit (As in, 13+k, reliably).

For reference, on our first kill, we burn the first tome at ~37-40 stacks of Gestation, (Around 70-72% on Matron), Second is around 45% (Again, 32-37 stacks), and then the third is around ~20%, at 20-24 stacks, to keep the revolting ichor damage down and make it easier on melee to stay in for the final burn. We haven't had to use a fourth tome.

Shield of Telara

What is the cast time of RVA?

I want to eliminate RNG of the fight, or people being dumb.

Would the tanks have enough time to use a cancelbuff macro on reflect if the first one gets interrupted? So he doesn't heal that is.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    What is the cast time of RVA?

I want to eliminate RNG of the fight, or people being dumb.

Would the tanks have enough time to use a cancelbuff macro on reflect if the first one gets interrupted? So he doesn't heal that is.
    I'm not sure if you can utilize a macro to do this(?), but we definitely try to keep our triggerfingers itchy on the reflects if a mistake happens. Only issue is the sheer number of buffs applying and de-applying constantly (bard, precept of refuge, procs, shields, etc), so you've gotta be quick and careful with manually de-applying spellreflect on missed interrupts/wrong casts.

This is fairly easy to do if you just have your mages communicate/set up yell macros of "Reflected, *NAME* YOU ARE NEXT", etc.... And assuming they aren't baddies

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Asono View Post
    I'm not sure if you can utilize a macro to do this(?), but we definitely try to keep our triggerfingers itchy on the reflects if a mistake happens. Only issue is the sheer number of buffs applying and de-applying constantly (bard, precept of refuge, procs, shields, etc), so you've gotta be quick and careful with manually de-applying spellreflect on missed interrupts/wrong casts.

This is fairly easy to do if you just have your mages communicate/set up yell macros of "Reflected, *NAME* YOU ARE NEXT", etc.... And assuming they aren't baddies

Aye, you can. Tested it yesterday with the a "cancelbuff Reflective Command" macro.

I figured to eliminate any screw ups when the boss is so low, we can have the tank hit the cancelbuff macro when RVA is casting as a fail safe.

However, I have had a hard time getting reflective command to cast "Target of Target" when it is in a macro with a raid warning or raid text.

IE: On uruluuk I have a macro

rw Reflect is Up
    cast reflective command

however it order for it to work, when I hit it the first time it targets the tank, and when I hit it the second time it casts it.

But if I use RC without a macro, all I need to do is hit it once with Uruluuk targeted and it casts fine.

Have not checked to see if there is a ToT macro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast