+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: dungeons and raids should have a calling limit

Default dungeons and raids should have a calling limit

They really should, in a T2 where 1 epic piece of mage gear and one rare piece of mage are dropped and you have 4 mages in your 5 man team its ridiculous, there should be a limit of 2-3 of the same calling in a raid, it may make it slightly longer to find a match but it will increase the chance of getting loot, also, 2 mage DPS in a T1-2 means that in a DPS race, your going to loose, mages are the worst class for DPS.
    healer: easy
    dps: easy
    tank: OMGWTFBBQ WHY IS HE THERE WHAT OH CRAP COME BACK HERE STAY HERE OH GOD THERES MORE HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME!!! oh im alive, that was easy lets do it again

or the odds of finding loot for a calling could be increased by the number of people with that calling in the group.

in a group with no warriors, we found about 6 pieces of plate gear in 2 runs...

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by hurrak View Post
    , also, 2 mage DPS in a T1-2 means that in a DPS race, your going to loose, mages are the worst class for DPS.
    First, Mage is not the worst class for DPS..........Second, even if they were they would still be more than enough for the low DPS checks that exist in dungeons.

Third, some of the most fun groups ive been in have been really lopsided ones.....i.e 4 Warrior, 1 cleric/mage......4 Clerics/1 Warrior, 4 mages, 1 Warrior, etc.
    Last edited by Gaylonn; 09-12-2011 at 10:33 AM.

aux

Someone lost a roll
    I'm so BORED

Rift Disciple

No doubt lost a roll. I disagree, I always seem to run with several Rogues, and I lose and win rolls. In the immortal words of Ron Washington, Thats the way rolls go!!
    Sorry, the worst Assassian ever to play any game anywhere.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Someone lost a roll
    Bull's eye!

/prize

Sorry, while I understand how frustrating it can be sometimes to compete over gear with people of the same calling. Personally if I'm running T1 or T2 experts I could care less if i win or lose because I'm either going to get something eventually or my achievement tokens will help me get something I want.However what you suggest would lead to a longer queue time and "slightly" long....sometimes isn't as "slightly" as you might think.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    or the odds of finding loot for a calling could be increased by the number of people with that calling in the group.

in a group with no warriors, we found about 6 pieces of plate gear in 2 runs...
    THIS. In groups with no rogues, we're constantly getting leather. In groups where the only warrior is the tank (and it's an alt with tanking as its only purpose), we're constantly getting DPS plate. In groups with no clerics, it's chain. Almost seems as though it's on purpose, like how you always get fire or a stun dropped on you just after you popped your channeled cooldown.

i read this as having a ceiling limit... anyway..

this has been an issue for a long long time in MMOs, and brings about the conspiracy theory of "its done on purpose" when in fact you just dont notice when useful items drop, but always take note of when useless ones drop, focusing on negativity, most people do that, including myself

to put a calling limit on dungeons would seriously increase the queue times as you wait not only for a tank, but a certain kind of tank, because you already have 2 warriors and 2 rogues in your group, now you have to wait for a CLERIC tank
    Last edited by xanduin246; 09-12-2011 at 10:53 AM.

They really should, in a T2 where 1 epic piece of mage gear and one rare piece of mage are dropped and you have 4 mages in your 5 man team its ridiculous, there should be a limit of 2-3 of the same calling in a raid, it may make it slightly longer to find a match but it will increase the chance of getting loot, also, 2 mage DPS in a T1-2 means that in a DPS race, your going to loose, mages are the worst class for DPS.
    I disagree. A RNG generates random loot. Sometime us mages do fine and at other times we get the big goose egg. That is the nature of random loot. Oh and I do not believe us casters are at the bottom of the DPS charts. I think it takes a bit more work to DPS well as a caster but we can and do, do just fine. I am rarely out DPSed either in group or raid. In many groups, I more than double the next closest DPS and yes this includes the Rogues and Warriors. I admit that they suck (gear or build) but just saying.

Disagreement from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

Find a guild/friends?

PS - 5man cleric group - we did T2 DSM. Too much fun.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Maybe your DPS sucks but mine dont :O
    Hoss

No I think a class restriction is rediculous and counter to what rift says they are about. Rift presents itself as a game that you can play the archetype how you would like. I like that feature.

Instead I would love to see the dungeons not drop pieces for classes that cannot use them. Seems every run I go on as the warrior cleric gear drops and a lot of it. Especially when all the classes there wear plate or cloth or leather.

I have figured the cycle though for farming.

If I want tank gear I queue as DPS, if I want DPS gear I queue as a tank. Seems pretty right on.
    Warhammer refugee, ASP, Psychobillee, Yoshimoto, Atromos, Mongolian
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfear View Post
    For too long now the foundation of class change has been to nerf... Warriors have been hit hard with the nerf bat in every single patch now, you want to talk about crutches, you should include them in the epic drop tables of raid dungeons, at this rate we'll need em.

Ascendant

there should be a limit of 2-3 of the same calling in a raid
    4 callings. Limit of 3 per raid.

12 man raids!
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    4 callings. Limit of 3 per raid.

12 man raids!
    Haha, I can see it now. HEADLINER:

Unknown Guild 12-maned Akylios, Proposes Massive Buffs to all Encounters

Yada yada, forum qq revolt, the usual. Not going to type an entire article but the drama this would cause would be outstanding.

Sorry, kind of off topic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast