+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Idea vs Inquisitor Garau 1080p - Hammerknell

Default Terrible Idea vs Inquisitor Garau 1080p - Hammerknell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdoqVXQJFI&hd=1

9/11 Hammerknell, still recruiting 1 exceptional rogue!
    www.terribleguild.com

Plane Touched

Geez you abuse the mechanic where porters aren't meant to be slowed but you don't abuse the mechanic that is most likely intended by stunning the crawlers.

How do we know what is intended vs what isn't intended? When only one slow in the entire game works on the porters and every stun I've seen works on the crawlers.

Anyone ever see Vantage do this fight? I'm curious as to if they slow the porters as well since they try to act so righteous as to not take advantage of anything that could be a bug.

We just use the stun on the crawlers. We didnt know about Earth burst slowing anything until last week but we dont use that anyways. Just using 1 pyro per corner lets all other dps focus on boss/porters. But damn that porter moves slow with earth burst.. totally trivalizes it, but i guess the stuns do the same thing for crawlers

Cleric Tank

I don't like your wording Haiz
    People can say we bugged it or exploited etc. but I don't consider it our fault when Trion hasn't fixed it despite numerous bug reports. Take the matron fight as an example, we killed her on hk opening day by dispelling hosts off people then trion said it was a bug and we reworked our strategy so we wouldnt even summon hosts.

If Trion doesn't intend for Earthburst to be used in this fashion then they will fix it and we will simply work out a new way to down this boss. But since warriors are op as hell in PvP and easy to play 2 button mashing classes, earthburst might be intended to work this way. Until trion confirms it and fixes it... We'll make our lemonade

We didn't use any pyromancers for the adds because our porter groups could largely control the situations on their own and stormcallers are the best ST dps available to mages.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    I don't like your wording Haiz
    People can say we bugged it or exploited etc. but I don't consider it our fault when Trion hasn't fixed it despite numerous bug reports. Take the matron fight as an example, we killed her on hk opening day by dispelling hosts off people then trion said it was a bug and we reworked our strategy so we wouldnt even summon hosts.

If Trion doesn't intend for Earthburst to be used in this fashion then they will fix it and we will simply work out a new way to down this boss. But since warriors are op as hell in PvP and easy to play 2 button mashing classes, earthburst might be intended to work this way. Until trion confirms it and fixes it... We'll make our lemonade

We didn't use any pyromancers for the adds because our porter groups could largely control the situations on their own and stormcallers are the best ST dps available to mages.
    Really? You had no idea that it might be an exploit when earth burst is the only snare that doesn't show as immune?

You're putting words in my mouth. No, i'm not playing dumb as to what is or is not a bug but im not advocating its innocence either.

Im simply saying that we're going to be using it until trion outright says it is a bug by fixing it then we will adapt and recreate a new strategy to compensate as that is not beyond our capabilities as a guild.

Telaran

You're putting words in my mouth. No, i'm not playing dumb as to what is or is not a bug but im not advocating its innocence either.

Im simply saying that we're going to be using it until trion outright says it is a bug by fixing it then we will adapt and recreate a new strategy to compensate as that is not beyond our capabilities as a guild.
    the fight is a joke to begin with, but I guess if you need to exploit the porters, go right ahead.

Your literacy skill makes me pity your country whether its eu or na.

I didn't say we needed to earthburst. Its just easier so why not.
    Last edited by ChinesePanda; 09-12-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Telaran

Your literacy skill makes me pity your country whether its eu or na.

I didn't say we needed to earthburst. Its just easier so why not.
    your dps looked way behind on the porters, kinda looked like you did brah

Quote Originally Posted by Praedor View Post
    your dps looked way behind on the porters, kinda looked like you did brah
    Looks like the tank got 1shot at the end also. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Looks like the tank got 1shot at the end also. ;)
    enrage timer

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    enrage timer
    Well yeah, I was kinda trying to imply that. ;_;

Cause they said they had enough dps for it. :3 (Or implyed that as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post

Cause they said they had enough dps for it. :3 (Or implyed that as well)
    I see what you did thar.

Cleric Tank

You can slow porters?

wtf?
    Old school raid

pvp

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt459 View Post
    You can slow porters?

wtf?
    Another way to trivialize another encounter in HK. Not taking credit away from any of the guilds that have beaten Inquisitor Garau thus far, but it's just weird that this encounter released to live with this "bug" if it wasn't intended.
    <Retired>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast