+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: When are 10-man instances being added to the LFG tool?

Default When are 10-man instances being added to the LFG tool?

They're not that difficult, should be very doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Godless One View Post
    They're not that difficult, should be very doable.
    The current ones aren't, but neither are RoS or GSB.
    But there is no way I'd attend a raid without knowing we have a good comp and other players know what they're doing. The finder could just end up selecting 10 Clerics or could select both a tank and healers who just barely meet the requirements meaning even with fantastic dps you're screwed.

Also RotP is shaping up to be HK level difficulty, putting it well beyond pugging range.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Major QQ incoming for ninjaing loot cross server in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The current ones aren't, but neither are RoS or GSB.
    But there is no way I'd attend a raid without knowing we have a good comp and other players know what they're doing. The finder could just end up selecting 10 Clerics or could select both a tank and healers who just barely meet the requirements meaning even with fantastic dps you're screwed.

Also RotP is shaping up to be HK level difficulty, putting it well beyond pugging range.
    Was really thinking of DH and GP; and the tool would have to be a bit smarter to ensure said 'good comp' of course; its not that difficult from a coding perspective.

This sounds like a horrible idea for so many reasons. I am at a loss for words to describe how terrible this would turn out in current Rift environment.

aux

They will, after a few more rounds of nerfing what's left of the difficulty.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    They will, after a few more rounds of nerfing what's left of the difficulty.
    and you will have people in them who hit 50 less then an hour before. they are already so easy its kinda dumb.
    Auberon ~ Mage-wannabe Cleric
    Proud Member of <Seraphim> ~ Guardians on Laethys
    www.seraphim-rift.com

Plane Touched

I agree that it would be cool idea to add 10-mans into LFG but under VERY strict rules that you can apply for que at all.

Similar like requirements for current experts but really strict ones and that you have to be in spec and have gear equip for requirement check.
    Something like 220 hit/focus for DPS, 150 toughness for tank, whatever is needed for others with high STR/DEX/INT/WIS requirements.

Basically, requirements high enough so that you can assume somebody who have gear to meat requirements should generally have enough experience to safely go into that PUG (not necessary but it is kind of safe to assume).

But to be sure you do not have people with 120 hit/focus applying or tanks with 100 Toughness etc. etc.
    Last edited by Maauro; 09-12-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    This sounds like a horrible idea for so many reasons. I am at a loss for words to describe how terrible this would turn out in current Rift environment.
    ^

With how bad groups can be using the LFG tool in 5 mans, i can only imagine what it would be like for GP and DH which are RAIDS and require certain builds, setups, strategies, and most of all..... require SMART players. I consistently hear horror stories of full t2 geared dps that do less dps then the tank, or healers who cant even keep the tank up for more then 2 seconds, or tanks who have no clue what a tank even does. Many folks get "carried" through dungeons and end up with gear they never really deserved or should of gotten. With the right group thats good enough to carry me i can take a 50 all in greens, and do nothing but spam auto attacks, and go through an entire dungeon and make off with 2-3 upgrades and the history of completing that dungeon.

The amount of rage quitting, crying, screaming, ./wrists, QQ, cursing, and overall nonsense that would be happening in such GP/DH "pug" LFG groups if this was implemented would be absolutely LEGENDARY!
    Last edited by No_Exit; 09-12-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Banned

they probably wont put 10mans on the LFG until a huge nerf or they get rid of enrage timers but they wont be worth doing cause theres master modes now
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-12-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Ascendant

They can't as long as there's a 1-week lockout. I can easily see groups downing the first boss of DH or GP then get stuck and falling apart, leaving everyone locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    ^

With how bad groups can be using the LFG tool in 5 mans, i can only imagine what it would be like for GP and DH which are RAIDS and require certain builds, setups, strategies, and most of all..... require SMART players. I consistently hear horror stories of full t2 geared dps that do less dps then the tank, or healers who cant even keep the tank up for more then 2 seconds, or tanks who have no clue what a tank even does. Many folks get "carried" through dungeons and end up with gear they never really deserved or should of gotten. With the right group thats good enough to carry me i can take a 50 all in greens, and do nothing but spam auto attacks, and go through an entire dungeon and make off with 2-3 upgrades and the history of completing that dungeon.

The amount of rage quitting, crying, screaming, ./wrists, QQ, cursing, and overall nonsense that would be happening in such GP/DH "pug" LFG groups if this was implemented would be absolutely LEGENDARY!
    I don't get this.

Just because it has 10 people, doesn't automatically mean you need a full raiders mindset to be able to run the content.

GP/DH are honestly no harder than some of the five man content, and it is easier than the five man content that is about to be introduced. Set a need to have cleared all ten T1/T2 instances twice before you can queue for them, only allow people in that are queuing for multiple roles, and alter the queue code to only put groups in GP/DH if they meet some slightly stricter guidelines.

I can't see how doing this could have any sort of bad side effects other than the bad side effects that are inherent to the LFG tool. Since Trion have already deemed those side effects worth the "benefit" of the LFG tool, I see no reason why they shouldn't expand it.
    Last edited by Noaani; 09-12-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Rift Disciple

This will never happen unless they severely nerf the 10 mans. Most of the mechanics in 5 mans you can pretty much just heal through anymore. At least in 10 mans you still have to pay attention somewhat. Class composition and dps checks are also needed. You thought waiting 45 minutes for an expert was bad. Wait 2 hours for a raid composition only to have someone rage quit within the first 5 minutes, then have to replace people as the group falls apart on the second pull.

Pug raids can work on the same server where you can get some accountability. Cross server with no consequences if someone rages or can't play their class? No thanks. I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    If you think the QQ over the game is now, if they implemented this, the problems would skyrocket.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    GP/DH are honestly no harder than some of the five man content
    and theres a sh!t ton of people that cant handle 5man stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    I don't get this.

Just because it has 10 people, doesn't automatically mean you need a full raiders mindset to be able to run the content.

GP/DH are honestly no harder than some of the five man content, and it is easier than the five man content that is about to be introduced. Set a need to have cleared all ten T1/T2 instances twice before you can queue for them, only allow people in that are queuing for multiple roles, and alter the queue code to only put groups in GP/DH if they meet some slightly stricter guidelines.

I can't see how doing this could have any sort of bad side effects other than the bad side effects that are inherent to the LFG tool. Since Trion have already deemed those side effects worth the "benefit" of the LFG tool, I see no reason why they shouldn't expand it.
    ..... really?

5 man content harder the GP or DH? I mean, i know GP and DH are not that difficult, especially after the nerfs, but they still require more skill, more coordination, and smarter players then any T2 dungeon. You can pug DH/GP, but that pug needs to be put together with care and cant just be full of randoms.

And if you bothered to really read my post, you would notice i emphasized the fact that someone "clearing" a T2 dungeon is not indicative of their skill level. You can get carried through instances quite easily. A prime example... a month or so back 4 guild members including myself were doing dungeon achievements. Obviously with 4, some lucky pug got to tag along. We ended up with a fresh 50 mage in greens and blues. The guy pulled less DPS then our tank by 100 dps consistently in every dungeon, and yet we blew through them with no trouble because we were all in raid gear. The mage got gear, and cleared basically every t1 and t2 dungeon with some tough to get achievements as a bonus. It was the guys lucky day. But to top it off, at the end he said..... "can we do them again now?". He wanted to do them again right away, meaning he had NO CLUE there was a lockout.

Now realize that there are LOADS of players like that mage running dungeons through the LFG system, and realize that a lot of those WILL pass harder checks for a DH/GP LFG system. I guarantee that a LFG system based on raids, whether 10 man or 20 man, will fail so fast it wont even be funny.

I will say that im not arguing against a 10 man LFG tool, because tbh i dont care if there is one or not. But i do think that its a waste of Trions time and effort that could be better spent fixing other problems or working on other content thats needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast