+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: xCC - Reinforced Windblown Tunic

  1. #1
    Telaran theignition34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default xCC - Reinforced Windblown Tunic

    Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong sub-forum, but I was wondering if anyone's managed to get this to drop recently? The couple threads I've found that mention this item and several others are 3-4 months old so I'd like to get some sort of an update.

    I know the gloves from Scarn are still obtainable, albeit near impossible, and the shoulders from Gronik virtually no longer exist...

    Thanks for any information; trying to complete my Guardian wardrobe~

    Reinforced Windblown Tunic

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    397

    Default

    After 3 Months of xCC grinding, I gave up yesterday and bought the Durnes chestpiece in Sanctum for my wardrobe slot.
    And as long as we don't farm HK with twinks I'll probably never get the shoulderpads.

    The helmet and leggins drop every day, but the chest and shoulders didn't drop for months on my server and I asked many people.
    Sindariel - Mage - Brutmutter EU

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theignition34 View Post
    Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong sub-forum, but I was wondering if anyone's managed to get this to drop recently? The couple threads I've found that mention this item and several others are 3-4 months old so I'd like to get some sort of an update.

    I know the gloves from Scarn are still obtainable, albeit near impossible, and the shoulders from Gronik virtually no longer exist...

    Thanks for any information; trying to complete my Guardian wardrobe~

    Reinforced Windblown Tunic
    I have been doing t2s for months and on my rogue I have done more CC than any other, gotten enough plaques to buy full tank and DPS sets, geared up a warrior in full tank and DPS sets.. I have never seen this item drop. On a side note I saw the leather tank chest piece drop once while I have seen plate chain and cloth chests drop many times. In fact at one point I had 2 plate chests, 2 cloth chest and a chain chest I won on greed rolls in my rogues bank just to remind myself how ******ed loot tables are in this game.

  4. #4
    Telaran theignition34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Thanks for the replies.

    Yeah, I've geared up 2 toons past full T2 and have almost 1200 plaques left over between the two and have seen the chest piece ONCE; of course, I passed it to someone because it wasn't an upgrade and I wasn't interested in wardrobe sets at the time...

    To give you a better idea of the shared frustration, I personally have seen the following:

    Cover of Night: ~12 times [Always drops Suncrusher, Runebinder or Eyemangler]
    Unnatural Legguards : ~9 times [Always drops Mace of Frozen Power, Kaler's Copper Band, Icerot Stave]
    Trembling Footpads: 2 times [Always drops Diamond Cleaver, Unbreakable Chain, Golem's Power Core]
    Pyrograsp Gloves: 0/never [Always drops chain gloves/chest or dps neck]
    Reinforced Windblow Tunic: 1 time [Greatstaff of the Cyclone or Shockabsorbing Band; EVERY TIME]

    WTB fixing, Trion.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Moloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    385

    Default

    made several threads on this over the months, never have seen the shoulders/chest drop either, and only recently i saw the feet drop for the very first time, ive gathered an insanely amount of plaques since the headstart and only seen 2 people on my server wearing the shoulders, of which 1 transfered to our server, and both gotten them before 1.2

    not amused

  6. #6
    Shadowlander ESFS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Also a rogue.

    It's pretty clear that loot for rogues has the worst drop rate of any class. Clearing ROS/GBS/GP/DH and getting only warrior or cleric loot is pretty common on my raid runs but never only rogue(lucky to see 1 piece throughout the entire run),

    Having done countless t2 and t1, loot I have never seen for rogues

    Titan slayer
    Blazing deft rune
    Blazing rage rune
    Battlemaster jerkin
    Blade of the architect
    Energized tunic
    Titan servant signet
    Spine of hate
    Ancinet malphigian gorget
    Blackheart blade
    Polsihed pumace spaulders
    Reinforced windblown tunic

    Plane of shards(dropped once, lost roll)
    Maelows dice(one drop after I got aelfwar trinket)

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    It's too bad this item is worthless in a raid environment (considering it doesn't add weapon dps and other stats for physical callings are next to useless)

    Start raiding.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    It's too bad this item is worthless in a raid environment (considering it doesn't add weapon dps and other stats for physical callings are next to useless)

    Start raiding.
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    Sindariel - Mage - Brutmutter EU

  9. #9
    Ascendant JimboTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ESFS View Post
    Also a rogue.

    It's pretty clear that loot for rogues has the worst drop rate of any class. Clearing ROS/GBS/GP/DH and getting only warrior or cleric loot is pretty common on my raid runs but never only rogue(lucky to see 1 piece throughout the entire run)
    Complete and utter crap. Rogue loot drops like candy in our runs, and since there's usually just me, a bard, and one other rogue, we're all geared to hell now and end up runebreaking most of it. I've got almost a full set of tanking gear from drops nobody elswe wanted, and I don't even have a roguetank spec at the moment. Random number generator is random.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Moloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Random number generator is random.
    oh pls, stop the rng bs, if it won drop for a month, maybe 2, yea.. but never even seen it drop once in 6 months time? its more like those items arent ingame anymore, and im talking about the rogue dps chest/shoulders, the legs/helmet drop all the time, and seen the feet drop once a couple days ago, so dont give me this random = random crap

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    oh pls, stop the rng bs, if it won drop for a month, maybe 2, yea.. but never even seen it drop once in 6 months time? its more like those items arent ingame anymore, and im talking about the rogue dps chest/shoulders, the legs/helmet drop all the time, and seen the feet drop once a couple days ago, so dont give me this random = random crap
    When you're dealing with loot tables that large (recall that the epics that used to drop at a high rate from every early boss now drop at a lower rate and the last boss has a guaranteed chance to drop at least one of them), a small sample size is literally meaningless from an "averaging" point of view.

    Even if the loot table is only 10 items and even if you run that dungeon 100 times, there's still a fairly good chance that you won't see one or two items. Throw all that out the window if the drop chances are weighted at all, in which case the rarest items might seem artificially rare.

    Even if Trion makes every item exactly the same chance to drop, some players are going to see wildly different loot distributions given their relatively small sample sizes and flukes of the RNG. Take into account the pseudo-randomness of computer generated random numbers and you will have some very slight bias.

    For evidence of statistical shenanigans, go look at any thread where a guild complains about only X type of loot dropping in raids. Other guilds chime in with "you're full of crap, only Y type drops for us" and it goes back and forth.

    RNG is random, and short of shrinking loot tables to 4-6 items per boss and making him drop 3 of them, you're going to have rarely seen items.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Moloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajPayne21 View Post
    When you're dealing with loot tables that large (recall that the epics that used to drop at a high rate from every early boss now drop at a lower rate and the last boss has a guaranteed chance to drop at least one of them), a small sample size is literally meaningless from an "averaging" point of view.

    Even if the loot table is only 10 items and even if you run that dungeon 100 times, there's still a fairly good chance that you won't see one or two items. Throw all that out the window if the drop chances are weighted at all, in which case the rarest items might seem artificially rare.

    Even if Trion makes every item exactly the same chance to drop, some players are going to see wildly different loot distributions given their relatively small sample sizes and flukes of the RNG. Take into account the pseudo-randomness of computer generated random numbers and you will have some very slight bias.

    For evidence of statistical shenanigans, go look at any thread where a guild complains about only X type of loot dropping in raids. Other guilds chime in with "you're full of crap, only Y type drops for us" and it goes back and forth.

    RNG is random, and short of shrinking loot tables to 4-6 items per boss and making him drop 3 of them, you're going to have rarely seen items.
    true, but the problem is that nobody else have seen them drop either, maybe the chest, but im quite sure the shoulders havent dropped for anyone in the last few months, so i think that makes droprate of em broken
    Last edited by Moloch; 09-13-2011 at 02:14 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    true, but the problem is that nobody else have seen them drop either, maybe the chest, but im quite sure the shoulders havent dropped for anyone in the last few months, so i think that makes droprate of em broken
    Saw and runebroke the item in question (group was 2 warrior 2 mages and 1 cleric) on saturday, September 10th can't remember the time as I ran that dungeon 3 times on random.

    I feel your frustration was trying for the wall of bones for month's finally got it not too long ago.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Moloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    385

    Default

    sure is frustrating, but then again, this only confirms the thread ive read about the modifier based on the classes in the party, seeing as you didnt have a rogue in yours, seriously trion, gives us more variation in loot

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Kudaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default

    I'm in the same boat as you. I've had to by the Gloves from the t3 vendor, and debating whether or not to buy the chest too. I have done CCx pretty much every single day JUST to see it drop, but to no avail. I ask around sometimes on my shard, and most people don't even know what the hell they are. THe LAST time I saw the shoulders were back in early April on a fellow guildy, but that is it.

    I've made tickets before, asking if these items were available anymore, and they gave me some spiel about 'Not being able to provide game hints'.

    Plus with the new items added, it further reduces the drop-rate of these items for me. I've seen the Gedlo Dragon-Hunter bow drop 7/9 runs in the past 2 weeks. The other two were the chain gloves and cleric neck piece.


    **** you RNG.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts