+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zarecia

Thread: Trinket Drop Rates In T2 Dungeons - Titanslayer Tanking Sword

Default Trinket Drop Rates In T2 Dungeons - Titanslayer Tanking Sword

I have 3 characters fully geared out from T2 dungeons. 1 of them is a tank/dps and has a full set of gear for each role. So basically I've run T2's enough for the equivalent of gearing out 4 characters. I've had fairly good luck with drops except for a couple of things which is why I'm posting this thread.

The drop rate on epic trinkets is really really bad. On all 3 of my toons I've only seen the melee DPS trinket in Runic Descent drop once, and of course lost the roll. Insanity Sliver tanking trinket in Abyssal Precipice I've seen drop like 3 times, lost the roll once on my tank, scored it the last time it dropped.

I have literally run Deep Strike Mines on my tank alone over 30 times specifically trying to get the Titanslayer sword. For the love of god it WILL NOT drop. I see a lot of people farming for Sacred Heirloom of Eth in these runs, and at least for them that trinket WILL drop. I've seen at least 10 people get it.

I know its an MMO and its a farming game but come on, I'm about to give up on the tanking sword. I inspect tanks all the time and many of them have it. It makes me wonder if the drop rate was nerfed at some point. A friend and I were discussing this. So basically the last boss, Plutonus in DSM for example, has a chance to drop ALL epics correct? According to Rift Junkies T2 dungeon drop list, there's 22 epic pieces of loot that drop in DSM. So there's like a 1 in 22 possibility for it to drop, not including whatever hidden drop code is written into the loot table? Or does Plutonus only drop the 6 items listed and I'm just having really horrible luck?

Please up the drop rate on some of these extremely hard to get items.

CLERIC R50 ROGUE R50 WARRIOR R50 MAGE R47

Quote Originally Posted by Zarecia View Post
    I have 3 characters fully geared out from T2 dungeons. 1 of them is a tank/dps and has a full set of gear for each role. So basically I've run T2's enough for the equivalent of gearing out 4 characters. I've had fairly good luck with drops except for a couple of things which is why I'm posting this thread.

The drop rate on epic trinkets is really really bad. On all 3 of my toons I've only seen the melee DPS trinket in Runic Descent drop once, and of course lost the roll. Insanity Sliver tanking trinket in Abyssal Precipice I've seen drop like 3 times, lost the roll once on my tank, scored it the last time it dropped.

I have literally run Deep Strike Mines on my tank alone over 30 times specifically trying to get the Titanslayer sword. For the love of god it WILL NOT drop. I see a lot of people farming for Sacred Heirloom of Eth in these runs, and at least for them that trinket WILL drop. I've seen at least 10 people get it.

I know its an MMO and its a farming game but come on, I'm about to give up on the tanking sword. I inspect tanks all the time and many of them have it. It makes me wonder if the drop rate was nerfed at some point. A friend and I were discussing this. So basically the last boss, Plutonus in DSM for example, has a chance to drop ALL epics correct? According to Rift Junkies T2 dungeon drop list, there's 22 epic pieces of loot that drop in DSM. So there's like a 1 in 22 possibility for it to drop, not including whatever hidden drop code is written into the loot table? Or does Plutonus only drop the 6 items listed and I'm just having really horrible luck?

Please up the drop rate on some of these extremely hard to get items.
    i 2nd this i think % should be raised

Ascendant

I'd like to just offer the fact that you'll be forgetting the Titanslayer ever existed when you get a raid-quality sword.

There comes a time to quit running T2s and to begin raiding.

+ Reply to Thread