+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pug Gear Fail

Telaran

Default Pug Gear Fail

So i have a serious question....

I'm a T3 geared DPS/T2 geared Tank warrior. It took me forever to get enough toughness to be viable as a tank in a T2, and i take that with some pride.

So why is it I still jump into PUGS with green gear, maybe 100 tough(minimum to queue lol) and DPSers wearing gear that I wouldnt've worn in a normal CC or AP, let alone a T1/2? When i was a new 50, i would get kicked from groups for being under geared. And i'm sure that some trolls out there will give me the "Well, just leave the group then!!!" or "Maybe you should run in a guild that does T2's together!!". Well guess what...I do, and I am.

But please, please, can we have a call for undergeared newbs not to GROUP QUEUE?! 3 Guys (rogue tank, cleric, and mage) all in minimum requirements gear. And this happens all the time. I'm tired of going through 10 groups to finnaly get a good group, when my guildies arent on.

So in short, if you have green gear, upgrade before you queue, or go with a higher level who can balance out your shortcomings. I should not be taking top damage as a pally tank. Let the trolling commence.

Telaran

with the lfg thing peepz can just get in with min requirements and get fast cheap gear. live with it and if your t2 tank geared and t3 dps geared why even bother with t1/t2's with non friend/guild runs?

I stopped doing random T2 runs for the exact same reason, myself in full T3 Gear and i generally like helping newbies, but when i see how everyone reaching out for T2 dungeons even though they have little to no experience and neither the gear, makes me sad.

I enjoyed doing T1s as fresh 50, as i did T2... whats so terrible about gearing up without letting yourself get pulled through an instance?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Slanster View Post
    with the lfg thing peepz can just get in with min requirements and get fast cheap gear. live with it and if your t2 tank geared and t3 dps geared why even bother with t1/t2's with non friend/guild runs?
    First off, i do exactly what i told others to do...I take my low geared guildies through runs to get them geared up, as any good Guild Leadder would. It's kinda my job. And second, b/c i dont always want to do a massive raid, just a 1-1.5 hour dungeon with some folks. I pass on almost all gear, b/c tbh i don't need most of it. Sometimes i will greed on a BoE piece, so a guildie can have it, but i enjoy running the dungeons.

You have a valid point, but i feel like i do too. Run the stuff you can run, and THEN move on.

Telaran

Oh, and i forgot to call this out..."Fast" gear? if i hadn't showed up, these guy never would have made it through the first boss. A rogue tank w/ 100 tough and green gear?? please. Do yourself a favor and dont rush to the and of the game, enjoy the challenge, not being facestomped.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalplayerRyu View Post
    I enjoyed doing T1s as fresh 50, as i did T2... whats so terrible about gearing up without letting yourself get pulled through an instance?
    You think people want to put forth effort nowadays in MMOs? You are just the cutest thing!
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sorreah View Post
    You think people want to put forth effort nowadays in MMOs? You are just the cutest thing!
    Nah...just the few old dogs....

I wonder how many of these ppl that say "Lemme grab a beer RQ" are not really getting a juice box...

Ascendant

Do you expect pugs in greens to read these forums and heed advice?

Telaran

No, but mebbe we just need to all start leaving them to it, or do what they did in my day....vote kick, or leave.

Or mebbe i just needed to vent after my 4.5 hour T2CC...I shoulda quit, but it's like watching a child try to figure something out...you feel bad for them...

In T1s I'm pretty forgiving about gear or inexperience. In T2s there is no excuse, you should know better by that point in the game.

I heal, if I get a tank with dubious gear I might express my concern to them and see how the first pull goes. If I have to blast over 1000 HPS just to keep the tank up on trash mobs then I'd probably leave and spare myself the torture.

I guess I notice tank gear problems quicker but I'm sure DPS has the same problem.

I don't feel bad for people who get 200-500 dps in T2s. I pity them. They actually think being lazy and not doing anything to better their character is okay. They waste my time, they waste their time, they're just a waste. I know it's just a game, but I actually put some effort into my characters and it's annoying when 99% of the people I get in pug groups are lazy and obviously don't care about the game.
    Last edited by Venditte; 09-10-2011 at 02:40 AM.

I think a lot of people use the LFG que to get geared up, I'm at about the same level as you are in terms of gear and a warrior and yes I have got my share of groups that just met the requirements. I tend to politely say now, we don't have the X for this dungeon. See if they get the hint. It's a tough subject, when your the tank and trying your best to get through, I'm more choosy now than I was.
    System: Asus G73Sw Laptop, Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs) Memory: 8192MB RAM. Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 4063 MB Memory. Direct X 11. OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Administrator for Riftrp.Net, the official affiliated Roleplay forum

Plane Walker

The system has it's own balances however. You also have people like me queuing every now and then as well...usually because I'm bored or after a specific drop (damn SHoE).

People complain about under geared people in their groups, but I've never had anyone complain to me I'm trivializing their content when I show up in full HK/R8.

Gotta take the bad with the good I suppose, even if the ratio is disproportionate.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    The system has it's own balances however. You also have people like me queuing every now and then as well...usually because I'm bored or after a specific drop (damn SHoE).

People complain about under geared people in their groups, but I've never had anyone complain to me I'm trivializing their content when I show up in full HK/R8.

Gotta take the bad with the good I suppose, even if the ratio is disproportionate.
    Doing that actually does throw a wrench in things, The only role that you could be that'd trivialize the instance is if you were the HK geared healer.

Having a pre-raid geared tank trying to keep threat on a t4 dps is ******ed at best. Part of it is the gear, part of it is probably their spec... a whole lot of it is simply lacking experience.

Telaran

See, I totally get this. At the same time, I am really wondering what is going on here. If their gear provides them with the stats to be able to queue, then in theory, according to Trion, they should be able to do the dungeon. It will be slower than an overgeared person overgearing the content, but it should be doable. The overgeared person overgearing the content needs to remember that everyone starts somewhere.

On the other hand, perhaps the problem is their playstyle. My husband comes close to out dpsing raid geared warriors simply because he's good. I can heal very, very well if my mouseovers don't bug. We've been playing games a long time. So I do wonder if what you're seeing is just the lazy people. In which case, as Ahov pointed out, you and I are wasting our time posting here, because the stupids and the lazies never check forums.

So, maybe the thing to do is to be patient and teach them, since our friends and guildies aren't always on to make a full 5 man. Plus, sometimes you meet nice people who just need a little more information!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast