+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prince Hylas Bug

Default Prince Hylas Bug

This happened to us twice last night;

First part of the fight goes as normal, beat 3 mini's, beat Hylas down to 11%. Banish to entry and start the Peter Cottontail run. HOWEVER, this is where it gets wonky. During the run back, a random member of the raid dies. No damage is recorded, no red number goes flashing up, nothing is put into the combat window other than "(playername) dies". Was an instaglort.

No detrimental buffs on either character in question, and nothing to indicate why he "died". This has only happened to us as of last night.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Rift Disciple

This happened to us once as well. No clue what the cause is.

Champion of Telara

what i was told prior was this --- if you run to close to the hedge, facing into it, theres a bug or mechanic, i dont know which, that insta kills you.

we've tested it. had like 8 guys drop one attempt from facing into the hedge as they ran around it

since then, we've made everyone stay a few feet from the hedge and face straight or slightly away from the hedge as they run. Never had a death since.

though that sounds insane, i admit.. but ya. staying a bit further out has worked. means we get a few more wolves, but not that big of a deal. (already had the achievement for few wolves as is :P )
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

This has happened to me a loooooong time ago when my mage was my main, when everyone was ported for the critter phase, i got turned into a rabbit, but didnt get ported and died in like 2 seconds,. It just slid me into the shrub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Shadowlander

We've had it happen only a couple times over several months, seemed to be when someone wasn't turned into a critter right away. They would be human, rest of raid is released from mez, they run for like 10 seconds and boom insta kill no damage in log.

Ascendant

Hugging the hedge too closely will cause that instakill death.

Plane Walker

Yup, its part of the anti rogue code they added to stop rogues from teleporting back into the fight.. so instead of just stopping the port from working they decided to let you use your class ability and then just kill you with no explanation given as to why... and since they suck at coding they also made it so if your character ghosts from the server end through the hedge you auto die...

Solutions:
    1.Dont run into the hedge
    2.play a game run by people that take the time to think changes out before making them.(good luck finding one)

Sword of Telara

we've had this too, no ideas why.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    Yup, its part of the anti rogue code they added to stop rogues from teleporting back into the fight.. so instead of just stopping the port from working they decided to let you use your class ability and then just kill you with no explanation given as to why... and since they suck at coding they also made it so if your character ghosts from the server end through the hedge you auto die...

Solutions:
    2.play a game run by people that take the time to think changes out before making them.(good luck finding one)
    +1 for adding the rogue conspiracy theory in there.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post

Solutions:
    what the hell does this problem have to do with rogues. It can kill anyone.

+ Reply to Thread