+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: <Terrible Idea> vs Grugonim (1080p)

  1. #1
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default <Terrible Idea> vs Grugonim (1080p)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEnOsBXqvhQ&hd=1

    we one shot that mofo for our first kill =)

    chose some orchestral music for this one rather than the usual stuff, hope ya like it!

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Sharogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    nice quality, but mage topping dmg O_o

    Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com

  3. #3
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    nice quality, but mage topping dmg O_o
    Just that good? =)
    How are your parses? Do the warriors/rogues do more dps than ours? We don't really aoe so most of this is ST dmg

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Quietmode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Just that good? =)
    How are your parses? Do the warriors/rogues do more dps than ours? We don't really aoe so most of this is ST dmg
    You should probably AoE a bit more. The ants kill themselves over time and if they die on their own they dont provide the dmg boost.

    We have a mage as our top dmg as well, but we also have him + 4 wars, 3 rogues, and 1 cleric higher then your top dps =p


    Cleric Tank

  5. #5
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    You should probably AoE a bit more. The ants kill themselves over time and if they die on their own they dont provide the dmg boost.

    We have a mage as our top dmg as well, but we also have him + 4 wars, 3 rogues, and 1 cleric higher then your top dps =p
    Well we have 1 person aoe'ing to control the damage debuff. Does your buff fall off at all? Because if you're that much higher than i think you're doing a much better job maintaining the buff than us

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara Quietmode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Well we have 1 person aoe'ing to control the damage debuff. Does your buff fall off at all? Because if you're that much higher than i think you're doing a much better job maintaining the buff than us
    our aoe strat is "kill the adds as soon as they pop". Our first kill ever we reached and maintained a 100stack (the cap) the whole fight, even through tower phases. It became a hassle and unneccesary with our dps though so we dont bother to keep track of it. The highest i see on myself is 20ish stacks, but im a tank and not always with the group. I have no idea if we accidently manage to keep it stacked but im almost certain it falls off at 50 and 10%.

    You have to remember though, you get the +bonus from the buff, but you lose damage from the kite phase and running on tower phases. Our grug parse looks similar to our murdantix parse (got the sub 35 buff achieve this week)
    Last edited by Quietmode; 09-09-2011 at 08:13 AM.


    Cleric Tank

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Our add stack is very low usually 15-30 and 30 is pretty rare.

    Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Quietmode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Mages will speak only when spoken to skelos!


    Cleric Tank

  9. #9
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Not too sure then where the discrepancy in dps appears. Probably is

    -we have 1 person aoe'ing pre 50% then as many as possible Sub 50
    -do not maintain stacks consistently through the fight

    Our murdantix raid dps is usually around 26k i believe (ill check parses when im home)

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I recall our grugonim kill parse was 21-22k dps total.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Quietmode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Not too sure then where the discrepancy in dps appears. Probably is

    -we have 1 person aoe'ing pre 50% then as many as possible Sub 50
    -do not maintain stacks consistently through the fight

    Our murdantix raid dps is usually around 26k i believe (ill check parses when im home)
    You have a lot more ppl sub 1k then us. our lowest dps was 1500, and then we have 6ppl under 800 (archon, chloro, bard, 3 tanks) and 1 0dps healer.

    you have 8 ppl under 800dps + 1 0dps healer. Maybe your overhealing which is probably fine for you first kill. we started using 1 chloro, 1 senticar(or tank healer cleric), 2 inqisicar.

    our last grug kill dps was 30k, your parse adds up to 21k. prob overhealing it. you really only need 1 Tank healer and then 2-3 AoE healers (chloro/DoL)


    Cleric Tank

  12. #12
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Well if i think of people who are being carried, a name appears but ill refrain

    It was our first kill though, we'll probably step it up next week and bring up our raid dps

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    With the buff to ant stacks, even if you aren't trying to keep them up, there's no need to maintain a high raid DPS anymore.

    The reason raid DPS is higher for the 4 guilds that killed it pre-nerf is that it was REQUIRED to beat the enrage.

    I remember the first time we got a solid attempt in on him he enraged at like 30% or something. That was a nice wake-up call.

    GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

  14. #14
    Plane Walker ChinesePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    440

    Default

    We beat the enrage =)

    Our parse was 12:45 lol, 15 seconds extra dude!
    We'll do better next week though.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    We beat the enrage =)

    Our parse was 12:45 lol, 15 seconds extra dude!
    We'll do better next week though.
    firewraith was talking pre-nerf, if you don't beat the enrage now something is wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts