+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: No Tanks for your T1 and T2s? Thank the noobs

Default No Tanks for your T1 and T2s? Thank the noobs

The people that need to read this won't because they are sitting in LFG que right now as DPS and looking at /b/. But for the rest of us, especially the tanks, chime in if you feel my pain on this.

Tanks run parses too and this is what I see.

1. Mr. Warrior "DPS", your 200 DPS is laughable (Yet you still manage to pull agro?) . No big deal as long as you keep the mob in the AE DPS target stack I just made. Too bad though most of the time you pull them to the side to beat on them by yourself. Nevermind the mages and scouts laying waste the stacked mobs, you just keep beating on that one by the side.

2. Noober DPS who think max DPS makes them 733T. So, I pull the encounter and the first tick of my parser and I see one guy is 2000-3000 DPS. Now the fun begins because sure as shot, one or two mobs has a new target and it isn't me. Off runs the new target because he has several pissed off elites chasing him. And where does he run? Not to the tank of course because i am with more mobs that might be pissed off at him; usually my "Leet DEEPS" is running away away from me because I am where the mobs started at and should normally be. I have no run speed, so I can't catch up to rogues that do. That mob is now so far from me I can't get it back until after it's done with the healer who is the nearest person to the noob with any real agro on the mob. Thanks for the wipe.

3. Godawful healers. Here is the scene: Single encounter pull, I had agro 100% of the time and I still died? Don't queue as heals just because you had to wait 2 hours to play your pyromancer. If you are DPS, stay DPS. If you main as a chloro and you still can't keep me up against a single encounter it's time you look at your role and fix it or only queue as support. For reals. And yes, everyone CAN TELL it's going to be a fail group when the heals can't keep a well geared (And adorned) tank up against a regular encounter. I can do that myself most of the time, so it shouldn't be that hard for you. If your a cleric and this happened, put the bottle down, sober up, and then try again in a few hours. If you were already sober, uninstall Rift.

Thats pretty much the day to day crap that grinds my gears. It does seem to stop by 10 pm Pacific time. Then I get in groups where I can double or triple pull encounters and while I still have to work for the agro, the only time I am using my taunts is to shape the fight with an AE snap. Yes, my adult groupmates that know their roles and aren't bouncing off the walls, I dig ya; wish I could always find ya LFG.

Shadowlander

I'm glad I've got a good guild with a great spread of classes in it where I dont have to rely on people cross sever to group with. Perhaps if you made a friend with a healer and one DPS, you could queue up and then vote kick the idiots out of your group.

Sword of Telara

If he's doing 200dps and getting aggro from you, then who's really the problem?

Repeat after me 'It's not my fault, everyone else sucks.'

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post

2. Noober DPS who think max DPS makes them 733T. So, I pull the encounter and the first tick of my parser and I see one guy is 2000-3000 DPS. Now the fun begins because sure as shot, one or two mobs has a new target and it isn't me. Off runs the new target because he has several pissed off elites chasing him. And where does he run? Not to the tank of course because i am with more mobs that might be pissed off at him; usually my "Leet DEEPS" is running away away from me because I am where the mobs started at and should normally be. I have no run speed, so I can't catch up to rogues that do. That mob is now so far from me I can't get it back until after it's done with the healer who is the nearest person to the noob with any real agro on the mob. Thanks for the wipe.
    Few things piss me off more than people that "run" when they have aggro. The getting aggro is enough sign of said person being a newb......but running just proves they are beyond help and lack any understanding of the game mechanics and acceptance of just how bad a player they are.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post

Well to be fair........a 'DPS' Warrior doing 200dps is not in a DPS spec........so his attacks are those ones that "generate additional threat" or "force the target to attack the Warrior for 3sec".

Telaran

What if he's using Reaver in his dps spec (don't ask why)? Then he could easily do craptastic dps, and steal agro here and there.

Repeat after me "I will not be a troll when I haven't thought it out yet."

you know, im levelling a cleric tank, and what i hate the most is pre-hots... yea i CAN correct them, i can either have a well placed even justice, or use my CDs.. but its just every.. single.. pull.. they run straight to the healer, and if i cancel the hots i get yelled at because "now it will take me like a minute to put them back on" ..damn wardens..

this is only lvl 33 too, i cant wait until experts

Telaran

That's why I use incriminate...Smart Noober DPS FTW

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieClownZ View Post
    What if he's using Reaver in his dps spec (don't ask why)? Then he could easily do craptastic dps, and steal agro here and there.

Repeat after me "I will not be a troll when I haven't thought it out yet."
    What if dwarves shat rainbows? Niether rainbows nor reavers were mentioned in the OP. Many people in forums have this tendency to answer or respond to what was actually said, not what MIGHT have been implied.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    ..... Noober DPS....... Godawful healers....... fail group........... uninstall Rift......
    Sigh, sorry you are frustrated with the noobers, godawful healers and fail groups. Take a deep breath and remember, this is a game where you meet people of all skill levels, especially in PUGs.

Sword of Telara

bad dps, bad healers, bad tanks...Ive seen em all.

and your right the poeple that need to read it wont nor would they understand it if they did
    "shut up! I can dps with a sword and board Void Knight if I want to!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrCoffee View Post
    I'm glad I've got a good guild with a great spread of classes in it where I dont have to rely on people cross sever to group with. Perhaps if you made a friend with a healer and one DPS, you could queue up and then vote kick the idiots out of your group.
    Yeah, thats the way it's going. I just transferred with a friend to Deepstrike and need to find a home.

How does he get agro from me at 200 DPS and the mages, healers and rogues are doing 1000-2000 and they don't have any agro on them? Agro in the DPS build.

Thanks for the troll attempt but your gonna have to do better.

Champion

All kidding aside, the problem is that Rift is a game which by design will create level 50 noobs. I am not against macros. I have made no secret that I don't like how quickly this game levels. Adding these two together, and you end up with people who one- or two-button their way to 50 in a week or two. They didn't learn the game. Maybe after 50 they will slow down and learn some mechanics. Maybe they won't. That is totally up to them. Either way, as long as Rift is a game where you can reach max-level in under a month without even trying, you are going to have new players at 50 all the time. Not "fresh 50's" but people who have been playing Rift less than a month. This is a by-product of the "game starts at 50" mentality that a lot of gamers seem to have and Rift seems to support.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    you know, im levelling a cleric tank, and what i hate the most is pre-hots... yea i CAN correct them, i can either have a well placed even justice, or use my CDs.. but its just every.. single.. pull.. they run straight to the healer, and if i cancel the hots i get yelled at because "now it will take me like a minute to put them back on" ..damn wardens..

this is only lvl 33 too, i cant wait until experts

What I do, is LOS but here is the critical part, use a ranged attack that is NOT an instant hit. Use something that takes time to fly to the target. The moment your attack is flying, hide. You must be out of LOS before the attack hits. That way the mobs wont have any time to attack you and pickup healer agro and will instead have to come to you to attack you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast