+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oracle Aleria Bugged Out Again

Default Oracle Aleria Bugged Out Again

This is in reference to a bug that is still occuring. Previous discussions are HERE and HERE.

So my guild had its first experience with this bug tonight. Around 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM EST on Silkweb, we attempted to clear to LGS. Aleria bugged on us however. The "ranged" werewolf would target a random member of the raid, a cleric, and pound him to death. Once dead, the werewolf returned to his starting position, continued to target the still dead cleric (we did not brez), and performed no other actions. Our tank could not taunt him off of the dead cleric, so we attempted to just DPS him down. This proved difficult as the wolf was immune to about 50% of the damage we dealt. During this time, the emote that would usually target someone with Necrotic energy, forcing that playing to run out of LoS, did not happen at all. We attempted this fight about 5-6 times before calling it quits.

For the sake of haters, this is not a new fight for us. This boss is easily a 1 shot farm boss for us. I wanted to bring this to attention again seeing as how the previous two discussions garnered no real attention or solution, and to let Trion know that this bug is still present in the game.

In before OP is a noob / toolbag / L2P.

I've never seen this bug, but it sounds super annoying. Trion will hopefully slow down content releases a bit in the future and go back and start smashing some of these encounter-breaking bugs. We had a nasty run in with LGS' bug during his air phase where he resets. Believe me, I know how you feel.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rute675 View Post
    This is in reference to a bug that is still occuring. Previous discussions are HERE and HERE.

So my guild had its first experience with this bug tonight. Around 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM EST on Silkweb, we attempted to clear to LGS. Aleria bugged on us however. The "ranged" werewolf would target a random member of the raid, a cleric, and pound him to death. Once dead, the werewolf returned to his starting position, continued to target the still dead cleric (we did not brez), and performed no other actions. Our tank could not taunt him off of the dead cleric, so we attempted to just DPS him down. This proved difficult as the wolf was immune to about 50% of the damage we dealt. During this time, the emote that would usually target someone with Necrotic energy, forcing that playing to run out of LoS, did not happen at all. We attempted this fight about 5-6 times before calling it quits.

For the sake of haters, this is not a new fight for us. This boss is easily a 1 shot farm boss for us. I wanted to bring this to attention again seeing as how the previous two discussions garnered no real attention or solution, and to let Trion know that this bug is still present in the game.

Watch out lawl. Incoming accusations of bad tanking! Obviously not a bug
    Last edited by Ahov; 09-07-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Telaran

We had also a bug with LGS, add died near the wall and bubble spawned just near it. LGS was stuck in the wall and untargetable. Landed and cleaved us all.
    http://www.rift.radiantknights.co.uk/images/sigs/Brakkar/Brakkar.jpg

Pro tip: Have your raid LOS Oracle, and the werewolfs until the tanks have them aggro'd. Problem solved.

Mechanics are hard, mmmkay.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    Pro tip: Have your raid LOS Oracle, and the werewolfs until the tanks have them aggro'd. Problem solved.

Mechanics are hard, mmmkay.
    haha I knew the fail posts would come soon enough.

What you just said is completely irrelevant to the bug; it can still occur on a person LoSed (and who has no auras up; I've seen it happen to a sc/ele DPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    haha I knew the fail posts would come soon enough.

What you just said is completely irrelevant to the bug; it can still occur on a person LoSed (and who has no auras up; I've seen it happen to a sc/ele DPS)
    Doesnt happen to us, we've been avoiding this bug for weeks by just LoSing until the tank has it.

Sounds more like your fail raid.
    Last edited by Swiftly; 09-07-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rute675 View Post

At the risk of drawing Ahov scorn...

It's a semi known issue. The wolves have a period where they are immune to everything that lasts for about 1 second. If a tank throws down their initial agro builders during this period they have the risk that during the 1.5s GCD the wolves go active and the ranged wolf pulls agro from someone with an aura or someone who insta casts at the right time, or whatever. If this happens he'll be locked on him and the bug will occur. Best way to avoid it seems to be just to give the tanks some room, don't HoT them, don't aura them don't do ANYTHING until the ranged wolf is firmly on the tank.
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

I had this bug occur weekly when we were progressing GSB earlier this year. WE just killed the ranged wolf like normal. Which does take forever since he goes immune every few seconds (wiping dots), but we just persisted through and held dps on the melee add and killed them at the same time. This allows you to progress to the next stage.

But your cleric probably had an aura on of some sort. we turn off all aura buffs and motifs before the pull

Cleric Tank

We have never, and i mean never, seen this bug, nor has anyone we know of on our server.

yeh have seen the bug and it doesn't matter whether loséd or not

its very rare though
    Last edited by j3w3l; 09-08-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Rift Disciple

Happened to us last night

Same as OP, we've never NOT had this fight be a one shot. Ranged wolf was immune until whoever he picked to punch died. Tried having a chloro spam self heals to generate threat on himself until the wolf could be picked up - wolf didn't care and went straight for a random person every time, immune to both damage and taunts until the person died.
    <Rigor Mortis> is recruiting for Defiant side on Dayblind, send a PM for more info!

Champion of Telara

Ah so that explains the issue our raid has seen a few times. Sometimes the wolf would lock onto our BM Warriors and bug out. Bonds.

Ascendant

Yup, pretty annoying. I'm guessing Trion isn't too worried about it though since apparently it's been around a long time.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Plane Touched

there are two bugs on this encounter : sometimes the range wolf kills his target and stops attacking anyone.
    This IS a bug, and an anoying one (but beneficial to the raid).

Regarding the aggro mechanism, it's really wierd. We had this for some time, and did not experience it for a few monthes, but last time we went in GsB we had it again.
    We tried everything : no bard/archon/anything auras, everyone out of LoS etc ...
    Whatever we did, the wolf targeted some random raid member (like a melee rogue out of LoS) and rush it ...
    For information : we NEVER had that bug with a rogue tanking the range, only when wars where tanking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast