+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hydriss....grr

Shadowlander

Default Hydriss....grr

So There's tons of topics about her, but it seems people are misguided. We always got her low, we use 1 tank and tank her against the stairs, but always during her last 20% the dragon is extremely deadly. We kill it, and we have the melee in the bubble with it and the ccasters right outside the bubble but behind the boss and she kills 3-4 with tsunami then another 2-3 with another tsunami, shoiuld I have casters run in the bubble upon cast or what? I know she drops a dot but its dispelled immediatly anyway

Ascendant

when you say 20%, what phase is she in? dont attack the dragon and ignore the bubble/elementals after the second air phase and burn her, she will enrage after bubble, so theres no point messing with dps hindering mechanics.

melee shouldnt ever really be needed for the dragon, thus allowing even more uptime in dps on hydriss.

anyone who cant deal with the elementals, again should be burning hydriss.

Her mechanics dont change by percentage, so thats why im asking what exact phase you are having trouble with.

[edit] i would also just suggest 2 tanks, as you can prettymuch ignore any issues with the dragon by burning it only with range. i missed that line on the first readthrough.
    Last edited by Caldern; 09-07-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Soulwalker

We use 1 tank for this fight and initially had issues with Tsunami for the first couple of attempts as you describe. What we found most effective is for everyone stack up directly behind her and just outside range of the add's bubble. Melee can go inside as needed, but still directly behind boss and stacked.
    Last edited by Warvingian; 09-07-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Prophet of Telara

We found that even full Raid1 geared, using 1 tank was needlessly sketchy on this, and 2 tanks works sooooo much better.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    We found that even full Raid1 geared, using 1 tank was needlessly sketchy on this, and 2 tanks works sooooo much better.
    2 tanks and healers and dps that can do 1k is more than sufficient as long as you realise that once she does the second air phase its pure burn from that point on(and that you can burn her during the massive tidal wave if you arent a CCer)

Shadowlander

yea 2 tanks makes it alot cleaner

Shield of Telara

Aye our full t3 tank gets smacked on this phase.

However every dragon pop a Healers Cov and it makes it ez pz.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Aye our full t3 tank gets smacked on this phase.

However every dragon pop a Healers Cov and it makes it ez pz.
    Yes...pop healing cooldowns when dragon is up and it makes healing 1 tank on it cake, ae cleanse when the dragon dies too.

Default Hydriss Strat

One tank is all you need. It sounds like your DPS may be a bit behind so having two tanks will just slow you down further.

Have the tank grab up the 10 adds and AOE them all down. Hopefully you have enough time for people to change specs if needed before Hydriss becomes active. There is a broken peice of ruin to the right (if you are looking at Hydriss's stairs from the entrance stairs) there is a triangle shaped cut out of the ruin you know where im talking about when you see the small torch next to it... Have the tank put his back in that cut and tank her there.

Leave the space from Hydriss to her stairs open so the dragon doesn't aggro on somone before it is in range of the tank. When the dragon gets within range of the tanks snap pull, have the tank pick it up and should get placed next to Hydriss. You can aoe them both if u have good aoe dmg or just have everyone focus down the dragon quickly splashing on Hydriss if possible. Once he's dead focus down Hydriss as much as you can until she floats up in the air (you can still burn her a bit before u need to focus nests.) Everyone head to the nest by the stairs, have the tank apply spotters to it repeatedly to pick up adds and debuff the nest. Tank will keep placing adds in aoe's to kill them, other members should avoid aoe's at all costs. Proceed to next nest and repeat.

Hydriss should be coming back down once second nest goes down, the tank should place her back in the same position and repeat the first part of this strat. Shortly after the dragon goes down she will call for the bubble phase. Proceed to wherever the bubble shows up, have the raid dps the elemental to the left first and have someone knockback or snare the middle add if possible. The tank should be able to take care of the far add to the right. Keep eye on her channel when she is at 75% have everyone run into the bubble quickly and use their last knockbacks or try to dps down any approaching elementals. She send her tidal wave and then again have tank place her in that cut and repeat again she should go down here.

This strat should optimize DPS and survivability together. The Tsunami sometime screws us doing this, we have had people stack on her butt and still get killed so lately we just have people spread out and do their thing, other than melee of course. Sometimes u get unlucky and someone may die to it but its rare, usually it doesnt hit them hard or just doesnt hit anyone at all. Make sure support cleanses the crab debuff quickly and all should be fine.

Try this and let me know how it goes, good luck!!

Prophet of Telara

Yeah, the solo tank strat is just unnecessarily difficult. Probably more doable with a warrior tank with spotter's, but I know rogue and cleric tanks have some issues with aggro on the dragon because of the damage reduction, and the whole raid getting a damage reduction, as well as the healing reduction on the tank, is just an unnecessary difficulty. There's not really much reason to do it, because of the huge DPS loss while the dragon is up, you don't end up gaining much.

Champion of Telara

Yeah, the solo tank strat is just unnecessarily difficult. Probably more doable with a warrior tank with spotter's, but I know rogue and cleric tanks have some issues with aggro on the dragon because of the damage reduction, and the whole raid getting a damage reduction, as well as the healing reduction on the tank, is just an unnecessary difficulty. There's not really much reason to do it, because of the huge DPS loss while the dragon is up, you don't end up gaining much.

Yeah this is one of those fights that you do with a single tank just to say you did it.....not because it actually makes the fight quicker or easier....it doesn't.

2 tanks, good healers and DPS and this is a really simple fight with easy mechanics.

Shadowlander

Ok well to be exact here is my issue.

We use 2 healers and a bard. 1 Tank heals, 1 Raid heals, and bard support.

I pull 1 pack, at 80% pull the next, at 80% pull final and aoe all down EZ.

Phase 1 we burn boss, dragon comes I use spotters and tank them both everyones stacked dirctly behind me and directly outside bubble for ranged.

phase 2 air phase, EZ mode.

back to phase 1, we burn dragon, everyone still stacked, no issue

then bubble appears, we stall the ele's, ig boom comes, shes down to 25%ish. Then 3rd dragon comes down, even though people are stacked behind her, a tsunami all the sudden kills 2-4 people if not 5, when the stacking is the EXACT SAME as initial phase.

Are your healers fast on the aoe cleanse?

Plane Walker

How much hp do the people who are dying have?

At close range Tsunami shouldn't take you out...

Make sure the dragon is in front of her at all times, even when dead (she tends to cast a tsunami in his direction)

If the dragon is still in front of her, someone might be pulling the boss off the tank, have them tone it down a bit while the dragon is up.

Also, if you see the graphic, just move...
    It's as simple as that, you have a few seconds to run to the left or right and avoid the damage
    stop everything you are doing, and move...

As for the solo tank strat I would not recommend having a cleric or rogue do it. We did it last night with the solo tank strat and it went amazingly well. However I am the tank and fully t3 mark geared but our healers and some of our dps werent extremely geared and it still went smoothly.

You can use two tanks but i really does take much longer to dps. Not only do you lose a dps to roll someone tank but then the idea is to separate the dragon and Hydriss allowing you to ONLY dps one at a time. Find a good tank and decent healers and I am SURE the strat I posted will surprise you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast